Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pass the mince pies- Christmas Chat Thread Part Deux

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

redmgar wrote: »
    whats the best way to keep a tree watered / alive for the longest time?
    Its drilled into a stand so I cant put it in a water bowl.

As it's in a non-water stand, just try keep it away from radiators/fireplaces so it doesn't dry out too quickly. You can't really water it in that type of stand.

You're going to have to buy a tree stand which allows the trunk to sit in water to keep it properly hydrated. I have a stand that the trunk can sit into and it 'drinks' a lot. It will take in a lot of water initially and then I top it up regularly while it is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,110 ✭✭✭✭DvB

SarahLil wrote: »

What has everyone else got to get ?

We are finally 100% done!!! Other than the groceries we have everything bought & wrapped, thankfully! It seemed to be a mammoth task to close out this year for some reason.

Have no idea how some people leave it until the last minute & do it in one mad swoop, fair play I suppose if you can but its not for me:)
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

SarahLil wrote: »
    I'm reading the posts in work which I don't usually do but sure its Christmas
    Cheerlouth nearly after bursting out laughing "Trim the Tree" :D

LOL, I thought this was a euphemism, checked back to original post for context ; nope just innocently trimming a Christmas tree :)

Gonna try fit "trimming the tree" into conversation as a euphemism of some sort this Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Ha lol, nope defo not a euphemism - but I did put some thought in to how to word it lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,223 ✭✭✭jellybear

Stopped into Carraig Donn for a browse. They've some lovely Christmas stuff. Couldn't resist this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

They do have lovely things in Carraig Donn - I got the tree baubles there.

I have some work to do from home tonight - I estimate that I will be hopefully finished by 11:30pm - but will try finish earlier. Then I'm braving Dublin tomorrow afternoon for the last of the pressies. Say a prayer for me hehe

Don't get blown away Bananaleaf!!...or too rained on!!

Enjoy the shopping ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

jellybear wrote: »
    Don't get blown away Bananaleaf!!...or too rained on!!

Enjoy the shopping ;)

It is awful weather out there tonight!

I became a mammy to my first puppy in June. I was never a dog person - ever. Never had a dog growing up and couldn't understand people who treated them as part of the family.

Now .... I just finished wrapping all his presents and I watched The Snowman and the Snowdog and it made me cry!!!

(working at home is going well...)

Milo is very proud of you!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭gidget

What has everyone else got to get ?

Present shopping is now officially complete. Haven't got a stitch of Christmas goodies to eat in yet though, so will pop out for them while on my lunchbreak from work next week

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Finished up work this evening until 7th Jan . All shopping apart from the christmas dinner stuff done so just planning on relaxing and enjoying christmas this year .

Milo is very proud of you!:D

Oh no way ... is he a whippet/lurcher

Meet Walnut https://imgur.com/a/2pi53CH?

I'm in love!! How gorgeous is Walnut!!

Yeah, Milo's a lurcher :) My baby!:D

I'm in love!! How gorgeous is Walnut!!

Yeah, Milo's a lurcher :) My baby!:D

Walnut is a Whippet. Sighthounds are literally the best pets ever!

Okay, better not drag the thread off-topic so I will also say that I am looking for a cheap elf costume - adult size - if anyone knows where I could get one. So far, have tried Tesco and the Range.

Awh they're great pets :)

Hhhmm maybe Argos or Mr Price? Just checked and thecostumeshop.ie have them if you're not in a mad rush to get one :)

It's 00:50 and I'm still not finished my work :eek:

That's enough for one night though - off to bed with me. I'll take the RTE guide and a highlighter up! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,153 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

48360218_2217217628311452_4296619007278055424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=0d95bcb06b0d6ab58ffae13125124733&oe=5C99293F

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loving reading all your posts... My Christmas is very quiet and simple... |Many reasons. And I am happy with that but love the bright beauty here; thank you.

No tree here; very small place and five cats...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVpLYxoiX-s

Last year I was here with no electricity so no lights.. esb this year.. Last year and this my main thing is a large white star, draped with tinsel, in the fuchsia overlooking the crossroads.... not until after Deirdre of course... inside, a crib, candles... .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

48360218_2217217628311452_4296619007278055424_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub5-1.fna&oh=0d95bcb06b0d6ab58ffae13125124733&oe=5C99293F

WHERE?!? :eek: Asking for a friend, of course....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All present shopping done, wrapping has begun, Christmas FM blaring out in the kitchen and the wife has made me homemade Nutella hot chocolate. Life is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,153 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

New Home wrote: »
    WHERE?!? :eek: Asking for a friend, of course....

I saw them in a shop called Bookstation in Douglas in Cork.
    They are a few of them around the country. I think they are owned by the same company that owns Easons.
    PS: 127 days to go!

Taking a break from present wrapping. Seem to have bought loads this year...oops!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »
    All present shopping done, wrapping has begun, Christmas FM blaring out in the kitchen and the wife has made me homemade Nutella hot chocolate. Life is good. :)

What is this wizardry you speak of?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

She must be an alchemist, surely!

kitten_k wrote: »
    What is this wizardry you speak of?

Im glad you asked.

https://cafedelites.com/nutella-hot-chocolate/

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I might have been hallucinating, bit I swore I saw jallupino dusted peanuts in Tesco yesterday. Would it be wrong to buy them for Halloween next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Loughc wrote: »

Will defo have to try this!! You all set for kick off tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

Just back from Dublin. It was mental. And dirty. It was quite disappointing in fact. Anyway, got pretty much everything and just have one mini present left to get for my dad. Need to get Xmas crackers and make sure that I've enough food in for Xmas week and then it's feet up time! Weather-wise, it wasn't too bad out there today.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Will defo have to try this!! You all set for kick off tomorrow? Looking forward to it.

Nope. Haha.

Really looking forward to it. We have build a great game and by we I mean Pter :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement