Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart Fortwo

Options
  • 19-01-2019 1:31am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi peeps, as you know from my previous post, my parents are planning on getting a new car once our Peugeot 306 is fixed.

The car they are currently interested in is the Smart Fortwo so, is that a good choice, anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Any particular reason they're looking at the fortwo? It's a really tiny car. Also, are they looking to go petrol or electric?

I'd suggest the Opel Adams or Fiat 500 as more practical city cars that are still small but are more functional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

Probably petrol.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I would suggest the Renault Twingo. It is the same car as the fortwo but has 5 doors and Renault styling. Both cars are built on the same platform too.
    There is also the Skoda/VW/Seat cars too and the Toyota Aygo/ Peugeot108/Citroen C1 that they could look at. The Suzuki Ignis is another nice little car worth looking at.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

How on earth did the Smart ForTwo come into the picture?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 87 ✭✭Scottish Jodi

They liked the look of it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Tommyboy40

The Smart is an incredibly fun car to drive but like all cars, they have their own problems. What year is it? Earlier Smarts had Mercedes's own 700cc engine and they all burn a little oil. You need someone familiar with them for servicing. I find it quite difficult to park as it feels bigger than it is. They don't have power steering so can feel quite heavy and the suspension is very stiff over bumps.

Advertisement