Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mirror repair expensive?

• 02-01-2019 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭

Hi. Some bad Cnut kicked in my 06-Beetle wing mirror on New Year Eve while parked overnight at friends house. Would this be an expensive job to fix?? Will I need an official VW garage on this??

Just trying to budget for the repair cost..... need this extra cost like a hole in head after Xmas.!!

Am gutted... I despair at where society is heading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Hate that. Is the plastic broken? or has it just popped (looks broken)

Replacement from a scrapyard or ebay should not be too expensive. If you are in anyway handy at all, it should be fixable yourself.

And its been happening for years. The less intelligent reveler seems to think its hilarious to climb up onto some ones car and stamp the wing mirror off it. I have had it happen to me numerous times over the years... but maybe I'm just unlucky like that

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

That mirror can be tricky

OP have a look at this and see if you want to have a go yourself.
    Ring some garages locally and get quotes

Advertisement