Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Love it dude. Hard to believe it's 20 years old! :eek:

Cheers, it was actually built on March 4th back in 96 so i'll have to have a few drinks later to celebrate its birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The wheels turned out pretty damn good I have to say, I was one of the nay-sayers, but i'll happily eat my hat. I don't like black wheels of any kind, but the high gloss works in this case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

@KKV wheels look very nice! I would say that the car needs to come down a bit though. It's up fairly high. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I miss my E36!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

I miss my E36!!!!!!

So do I :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

At least you picked a sunny day for the Healy. When's the rally of the lakes on?

Dord wrote: »
    @KKV wheels look very nice! I would say that the car needs to come down a bit though. It's up fairly high. :confused:

Yeah that always gets brought up when I post it. It was raised up a tad when I put the bigger wheels on it. From the moment it was raised up I loved it and viewed it as a positive, so I won't lower it. I like the higher ride height. :)

Fair 'nuff! beauty is in the eye of the beer holder and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Hal1 wrote: »
    At least you picked a sunny day for the Healy. When's the rally of the lakes on?

Yea last Sunday was perfect for a drive from Cork City to Kenmare via the Healy, great day and no traffic around..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I miss my E36!!!!!!
    YbFocus wrote: »
    So do I :)

As do I.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

KKV those wheels actually look really good on the car!!! I was sure they would look crap. You clearly are better at visioning things than me.

The finish looks great for the price too. Would you be able to post a close up picture of one of the wheels too?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

After the recent snow, I thought I'd add the obligatory snowy Subaru pic :pac:

379455.JPG

This'll be the last of me annoying ye guys now for a short while, I'm sure (until I decide that a series of massive, bumper-car style arials on the roof is the only way forward and need an opinion! :P )

IMG_3503_2_small.jpg

IMG_3496_2_small.jpg

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    KKV those wheels actually look really good on the car!!! I was sure they would look crap. You clearly are better at visioning things than me.

The finish looks great for the price too. Would you be able to post a close up picture of one of the wheels too?

Sorry, I forgot to reply to this. The brakes are still a bit rusty looking from being on stilts for a week, but you get the idea:

IMG_3498small.jpg

IMG_3499small.jpg

IMG_3501small.jpg

Dust is very noticeable on them up close (although well hidden otherwise, by the gloss of the wheel). Braked dust on them will be a big issue I'd say.

Just need to get the machine polisher to the paintwork and I'll be able to sleep a bit better at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

In fairness, it turned out a lot better,then it should. Though when there will be at least little bit of dirt, it will look a lot worse then it would with normal colour.

All in all, you did what you wanted m8, that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Following on from kkv please click pics below !

Clean car sunny Saturday

Also yes automatic

You couldn't pay me to drive a manual anymore ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Nice ksl, always liked that model, almost bought one the last time I was in the market.

Nice ksl, always liked that model, almost bought one the last time I was in the market.

Cheers mate. It wasnt a car i really considered until a few people i spoke to told how underrated they are as a car and they were right !

Actually more reliable than i thought too !

KKV, the wheels look good. I thought they would turn out quite well before, I was just afraid to say anything with all the negative responses. :o

• Advertisement

I will also say that they look a million times better than I was expecting :)
    Not to my taste but I wouldn't openly mock you on the street :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

454F9B1A-9AE9-4721-A4A4-F6508B16C1A1_zpsogzbxzax.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

YbFocus wrote: »
    I will also say that they look a million times better than I was expecting :)
    Not to my taste but I wouldn't openly mock you on the street :D

I'd be the same KKV. It's nowhere near what I imagined it would look like. The only thing I'd say to you is be careful putting a powerhose near them. You said there's a few small bits of silver around the edges - it should be primer and even then you don't want to give water a way in as it will take the paint right off. Otherwise the finish looks spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

KKV - I think the problem with what you were showing us originally was that the black was matte and was also a shockingly bad representation of how good they could have turned out and did turn out.

Well wear!

KKV it looks really well now! +1 on what MM said above. If the wheels were matt (or plastidip) it just wouldn't work the same. Set of non-dealer plates and you'll be flying! :cool: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Another mileage milestone today, in the Astra this time! If only I was going 3km/h slower on that private road :pac:

IMG_20160305_191634.jpg

You're welcome. :pac:

29XbAcP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

24hr ban teehee

24hr ban teehee

No pic quoted....

mlfw9047-Silly_Pants.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Another mileage milestone today, in the Astra this time! If only I was going 3km/h slower on that private road :pac:

IMG_20160305_191634.jpg

:cool:

User banned for quoting pic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement