Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car pulling to the left

• 02-02-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

If my left hand side front tyre has approx. 2mm thread left on it and the right hand side front tyre approx. 5mm thread on it can this cause the car to pull slowly to the left I notice this when I temporarily take my hands off the wheel or is there a bigger issue I need to address.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

Steer right. Or check the tracking/replace tyres. I'd steer a bit right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Whe's the last time you had your tracking/alignment done?

What size tyres do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

It could be a number of issues causing this. Does car shake at motorway speed?
    If not, I'd start with the cheapest check which is move the front tyres to the rear (and rear to front :)). The tyres are probably directional so keep them of the same side of the car (ie front right to rear right).
    If car stops pulling have someone check the left (now rear) alloy and tyre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭sawdoubters

whats your tire pressure in each tire

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you've got 2mm left its time to change it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭RED PASSION

dar83 wrote: »
    Whe's the last time you had your tracking/alignment done?

What size tyres do you have?

Have not got it done recently. tyres are 225 40 R18

whats your tire pressure in each tire

30 psi in each

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I had the same issue and it wasn't tracking or tyre pressure. Finally when it was time to replace the tyres that fixed the problem somehow

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If you've got 2mm left its time to change it.

have new tyre ordered but then will it pull to the right because I will have a new tyre on the front left and 5mm thread tyre on the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭Cogsy88

The best thing to do Wud be to have both fronts replaced if possible. And also get them to check drop links, track rod ends and front springs and shocks as this could also be part of the problem.

• Advertisement

Cogsy88 wrote: »
    The best thing to do Wud be to have both fronts replaced if possible. And also get them to check drop links, track rod ends and
    front springs and shocks as this could also be part of the problem.

ok will ask my mechanic

Advertisement