Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tractor driving experience

• 15-01-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi

I am hoping to gain some experience on some farm machinery specifically tractor driving. Does anyone know any places/courses where I could get experience driving a tractor? I am willing to pay a decent amount.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

What age are you as you could go to America for some real big machinery experience and they don't care if you have no experience

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

What age are you as you could go to America for some real big machinery experience and they don't care if you have no experience

im 19

i just want to practice driving a tractor

• Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

oreo47 wrote: »
    ... Does anyone know any places/courses where I could get experience driving a tractor? I am willing to pay a decent amount.
    Rather than paying for it, why not get work some work with a farmer and earn some money rather than paying for it. Those involved in tillage/vegetables/fruit are often looking for staff (although it depends on which part of the country you're in).

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

Rather than paying for it, why not get work some work with a farmer and earn some money rather than paying for it. Those involved in tillage/vegetables/fruit are often looking for staff (although it depends on which part of the country you're in).

im in dublin so this is difficult.
    I have been looking for a job in this area aswell though with no luck.

do you know anyone employing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭J_R

hi

I am hoping to gain some experience on some farm machinery specifically tractor driving. Does anyone know any places/courses where I could get experience driving a tractor? I am willing to pay a decent amount.

Hi,

You might see something of interest here

Irish Farmers Journal

or do the odd Google search for Agricultural Jobs Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,947 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

im in dublin so this is difficult...
    It's a while since I did it but there used to be loads of work in North Co Dublin (Rush, Lusk, Swords etc). I worked for several growers. Generally if a farmer takes on a general operative, they are usually happy if they can drive a tractor/machinery also but there would be plenty of opportunity to learn on the job. I'm a bit out of the loop now so I can't recommend anyone at present. Try some of the job agencies - that's where the employers get their overseas staff (most labourers are foreign nationals).

Advertisement