Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Insurance company that covers van's

Options
  • 14-11-2007 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭

The question rely is who is the best company to insure a van with , I went to axa today and they said because I wasn’t a trade person they wouldn’t cover me , to cut a long story short Im going to be starting work driving trucks soon and I want the van mainly for going to and from work (and maybe doing a few nixer’s moving stuff at the weekend) because well I hate driving car’s

Any suggestions ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

bump:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Just ring a broker & give all your details, van insurance isnt as availible online as comparing car quotes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shelly111

hi i used brittons in donegal cheap at the time wasnt insured for business either

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I have Commercial Insurance for Private use with Eagle Star. Done through Gunn Robinson O'Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

How does a commercial policly compare to a private one cost-wise. I'm 21, male, full licence, less than a year as a named driver.
    Want to get a van as opposed to a car as I only really need to drive my mountainbike around...
    Would it work out a lot more expensive?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

FBD claim to be "small van" friendly. That's who I'm with. Are you looking for a Transit van or a Corsa van?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

Whichever is cheapest to be honest, can you fit a bike into the back of a Corsa easily?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 PlanBee

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Whichever is cheapest to be honest, can you fit a bike into the back of a Corsa easily?

Hi All,

can any suggest me which way is better to buy or rent a van for a long term use, please ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Please start new thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement