Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

STAR GUITAR quiz

• 17-02-2021 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭

Flat%252BEric%252BBass%252Band%252BGuitar%252BCollection.jpg

Here we have a picture quiz all about the coolest musical instrument ever invented- The Guitar.

Not only do guitars sound great, they look great too. Below you will find twenty two images of guitars which were either owned by famous guitarists or designed as their signature models.

All you have to do is name the musician connected with each instrument, simple as that.

Each correct answer will net you three points- but wait there's more eek.png
    Several of these guitars were given a nickname by their owners (like BB King calling his guitar Lucille for eg). If you can give me the guitar's name not only will you get to show off your indepth musical knowledge, but you will also bag yourself a bonus two points smile.png

So come on, give it a go axe-fans and who knows, maybe you will be crowned the Star Guitar Grand Champion cool.png

T & Cs
    --We are looking for the name of the guitarist, not the band that they might have played in, but if you really want to show off you can name the band too. Just don't expect any extra points wink.png
    --A bit of leeway will be given on the spelling of names, if you are in the general area you will be grand.
    --Don't forget to number your answers so there are no mix-ups.
    --Google is not permitted! Anyone who uses a search-engine to cheat in this quiz will find themselves slowly eaten up by guilt, they will then start hitting the bottle hard to numb the pain. Finally after alienating their friends and family, they will lose their job and home and be forced to move to Moate and work in a call-center. So you see, it is really not worth it.

These are the first five pictures. Guitars number 2 and 4 have a nickname. Can you guess them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

A slight technical hitch folks, I will have the rest of the images up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

1. Angus Young.
    2, Eddie Van Halen. Frankenstein
    3. James Hetfield.
    4. Willie Nelson. Trigger.
    5. Zakk Wylde.

Oh dear, PM me the answers I forgot to say, don't post answers on the thread :eek:
    Woops my mistake! Nevermind I will put up the rest of the images and we'll carry on regardless.

Oh dear PM the answers only I forgot to say :eek:

Whoops!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

I may as well be staring up a cow's arse.

• Advertisement

Images 6 to 8.
    Numbers 6 and 8 have a name.

endacl wrote: »
    Whoops!
    Nevermind Endacl, my fault. Kudos btw you got a clean sweep there :cool:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,272 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I may as well be staring up a cow's arse.

I'm with you on that one, I've never even heard of Zakk Wylde, never mind know what his guitar looks like or whether it has a name.

Images 9 to 13. Number 10 has a name.

Images 14 to 18. Number 14 and 16 have a name.

• Advertisement

Number 19 - 22. None of these have nick-names.

Now we know who the player to beat is anyway;)
    PM me your answers from image number 6 to 22, and good luck everyone :)

Apologies for firing off a ton of messages! Never thought to wait till they were all up...

Images 9 to 13. Number 10 has a name.

Technically, and extremely pedantically, so does No. 9. If it comes down to a tie-breaker!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,655 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Nice idea purple, hopefully you get a few on board. I only (think I) know three though, so I'll have to sit out :o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

A bit too niche for me as well unfortunately, but hopefully you get some good numbers in, best of luck with it.

I know #17....and that's about it. :o

Might be worth plugging this in some of the Music forums (with the mods permission, of course! :p ) maybe? You might get more knowledgeable folk over there who'd be up for this kind of quiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I know they're guitars but that's about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

Sounds like a really interesting quiz.

I know nothing about guitars only that they sound great. Hopefully you get a few people in the know to play along because I'd love to learn a thing or two!*

Some of the guitars look really interesting. Of course no:17 is the only one I think I know :pac:

& I can at least say I kinda know who Zakk Wylde is. He came up on my feed a few days ago..

*was hoping to get one of the kiddos into guitar or drums lessons. Delicate little pettle chose piano instead :)

osh wrote: »
    I know they're guitars but that's about it :pac:

What osh said

This comp is wayyyyyy above my head. Definitely one to advertise in music forum. Think the mods there put a sticky for advertising games.

• Advertisement

Two entrants so far :)
    I'll see about touting it on the music forum later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Only know one or two of the more obvious guitars. The rest would be needle in a haystack territory for me.

3 players so far

Arghus
    Endacl
    Hermy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Number one is a Gibson, and that's my lot

• Registered Users Posts: 20,339 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I'm gonna have a dart at this later

4 wood and wire fans now.

Arghus
    Endacl
    Hermy
    Reberetta

A slow burner this, but if we can get up to 6 players I'll be happy out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,300 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Did I win?

Genealogy Forum Mod

Hermy wrote: »
    Did I win?

The moral victory or the victory victory?

I don't think there will be any more takers for this so I'll do the reveal tomorrow at about 4 o'clock.

• Advertisement

I’ll be following anyway.

Maybe a few of us should enter anyway for the wooden spoon comp? :D

Advertisement