Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Statement of Liability 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

Remind me who this new process was to benefit again? A complete shambles of a set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Another 3 days?? Where's this from??

Within 3 days, being issued in batches. PAYE helpline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭Duke of Url

Im getting the message

On the first screen I get
    Statement of Liability
    Statement of Liability - Available
    Select 'View' to see your current Statement of Liability. View

When I click View I get
    Processing request
    We are processing your most recent request. Your Statement of Liability will be available shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Bojill

Im getting the message

On the first screen I get

When I click View I get
    Yeah, same as everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭natc

Someone today saying helpline says “they will issue within 3 working days”

Someone said yesterday that they were told they will all be issued tomorrow(which is today now)

Last friday they put out an automated message saying they would issue on Monday 20th.

Seems like everyday they are getting pushed back further. If it’s true that anyone who submitted a return in the last few days are getting their statements before those who filed earlier in the month is a joke.

Sounds like whatever IT glitch that happened has somehow caused a problem for earlier returns and it’s likely they will need to be ‘pulled across’ by IT and queued to be processed...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Sono wrote: »
    If true this is bizarre

Honestly it is true! Very bizarre alright!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

As you have submitted your return you will not get a provisional SOL, these are only available to people who haven’t submitted a return.

You will get an actual SOL, with details of when any refund is to issue within the next 3 days.

Surely having submitted the return, you should also get a provisional statement? Seems like it's worse to actually submit it then just wait.

Or is it just people who have submitted it would get any actual refund earlier?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

I submitted mine on the 2nd January and I'm still waiting. My brother submitted his on Monday afternoon and he received his SoL this morning. This is an absolute shambles of a system they have in place. They had plenty of time to have this ready and working but somehow they still managed to fcuk it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

085shannon wrote: »
    Put mine in on the 2nd with a very large Med 1 amount 2019 was a difficult year health wise. So I am expecting an audit.

I submitted my statement to liability the 10th and all my health stuff for 2016-2019 on the 18th and uploaded the receipts to the receipt tracker.

Still no statement of Liability . But I got an email this morning to tell me I had an enquiry, when I logged on it was someone auditing for the health stuff and asked for receipts. She left her number so I rang and got straight through, told her I had already uploaded my receipts.. She couldn't see them so I'm waiting to hear back from her now.

Sorry to hear about your bad health, I hope you're doing well now

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Magsertails

Statement of liability going out in batches over yesterday, today and tomorrow right up to cob tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

Kiith wrote: »
    Surely having submitted the return, you should also get a provisional statement? Seems like it's worse to actually submit it then just wait.

Or is it just people who have submitted it would get any actual refund earlier?

You won’t get a preliminary/provisional statement if you submitted a return already, as your request is already queued for processing. You will receive the Actual SOL, which is the same as the old P21 showing the result of your review, and when refund will issue.

The preliminary SOL is just an estimate of your taxation for 2019 based on information submitted by your employer. It will tell you if you are due a refund...but you won’t actually get one. You will have to submit a return following receipt of your preliminary/provisional SOL to get the Actual SOL, and any refund due.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

Well i had the fingers crossed for the sol to be ready still no joy, submitted on 2nd January, am so envious of those who have their refunds being lodged.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

Keisha07 wrote: »
    Well i had the fingers crossed for the sol to be ready still no joy, submitted on 2nd January, am so envious of those who have their refunds being lodged.

Same here, Im starting to think that the ones submitted on the 2nd of January have been lost:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Mutant

The 2nd of January for me to and still no joy ☹

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm another one who submitted on January 2nd. Between additional incomes and reliefs I'm going to have an underpayment. Would like for it to get sorted so I can just pay up the difference and be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Can anybody who’s received their SoL share any experience of it not being there in the morning, but appearing sometime during the day?

Over the years I’ve never seen any automated documents uploaded at other times than overnight. So unless it’s happening in this specific situation, I wouldn’t be hopeful of seeing it until tomorrow morning at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Keisha07 wrote: »

are you jealous of those of us who underpaid tax?

very big of them to opt not to collect the €0.09 though

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

I just got yet another confirmation email confirming that my Form 12 has been submitted... despite submitting it more than a couple of weeks ago. I believe this is my 3rd such email in total since I’ve submitted it. Still no SoL. This is bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FGR

Still waiting here too. I have no doubt they're swamped.

I won't complain too much as on the old system my employer wouldn't issue us a P60 until March/April - so getting a P21 before then is a win for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ChewyLouie

FGR wrote: »
    I have no doubt they're swamped.

Surely it's all automated? Just press a button and churn them out.

Edit: Don't even press the button, have it triggered to go at a time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FGR

ChewyLouie wrote: »
    Surely it's all automated? Just press a button and churn them out.

Edit: Don't even press the button, have it triggered to go at a time!

Never underestimate the powers that be in the Public Sector to make things incredibly awkward for the men/women on the ground! :pac:

What would be automated in a private organisation probably requires someone to personally filter and sort everything in the PS as the automation part of the software has been disabled.

I'm on hold on the phone to Revenue at the moment - but I'm sure the officers who are manning the phones would much rather be dealing with investigating tax offences as opposed to dealing with admin.

At least I presume they're Revenue officials on the other end of the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hope80

I'm another who submitted on the 2nd january, starting to get a bit frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I WANT MY MONEY

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Hells Belles

I submitted my return on 7th January. I received an email saying my Statement of Liability would be ready to view on 17th Jan. Like everyone else, I'm still waiting. Hubby's 50th birthday is tomorrow and I'm broke after Christmas! Was banking on this return to get him a nice pressie. Looks like it will be going on the credit card!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

The communication has been terrible. If they are having a known technical issue that is causing a weeks delay then a courtasy email would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭MissGriff

FGR wrote: »
    Still waiting here too. I have no doubt they're swamped.

I won't complain too much as on the old system my employer wouldn't issue us a P60 until March/April - so getting a P21 before then is a win for me.

Did you use to wait until then?
    Every year that I input my health expenses bar now , I would input all the years pay and tax info on my December payslip of the year. Never waited for the p60. Used to get my p21 and refund within a few days.
    Although mine was pretty simple, no extras, other income etc.
    Anyway, that doesn't matter now I suppose , were all waiting it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Completed it 3rd January for a friend. No extras. SOL came through this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭rsl1976

I tried calling. The automated message still says it should be available today unless it's been chosen for a review.
    I doubt that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Sono

rsl1976 wrote: »
    I tried calling. The automated message still says it should be available today unless it's been chosen for a review.
    I doubt that's true.

Hard to trust that given what’s gone on for everyone in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Probably won't be anything happening now until tomorrow morning. Searched through my emails and most of my previous Revenue notification emails have been between 0700 and 0900.

Advertisement