Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 today they said, sunny they said

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

It was plenty hot today in North Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Went to beach after work Tuesday and today, weather is great in the south anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

25 in Oak Park today, 26 in Castlederg. Some people are never happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,229 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Cracker in Dundalk, but ‘they’ said Monday would rain. I went to the races with an umbrella. No rain, not a sign , but I got burnt instead,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Not sure where you are but it was plenty hot today in North Kildare. Stepped in the car at lunchtime and the temp read 31. Not saying it was that but not often you'll even get a reading like that in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Been raining all week in kerry. Where's MTC when you want someone to blame?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

No shortage of warm temperatures over the next 7 to 10 days, possibly more. It's still 19C here in Dunshaughlin and it's after midnight. Tonight's GFS runs has temperatures in the 20 to 25C range almost the entire way to the end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,318 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I have just endured the hottest month of my life (at my home location anyway) as the average maximum here has been an incredible 37 C since the 17th of June. It has also been bone dry throughout this spell and only one day had any significant cloud cover, I estimate we are running at about 80 per cent of possible sunshine hours. The average overnight low has been tolerable at about 17 C. Some nights have stayed above 20 C during the worst of the heat (it was 40 to 44 for about six days in late June to the first of July).

As to this particular thread, it was always mostly about the west not being as warm as other places and I think that was in most forecasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maxed at 26.4c in South Laois

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Here in Switzerland, the day today is a little cooler at 27 degrees outside, it's lovely, at about 60 percent humidity at that. Three weeks ago, it was a nice 37 degrees in the shadow on the balcony at 35 percent or so humidity. That was actually nice to sit out in, but probably not to be too active in.

Most uncomfortable day was a day preceding decent thunderstorms, with 33 degrees and 85 percent. That was hard, as there's no aircon in this apartment. The lightning shows that night was great though, with flashes about every second for half an hour, a near-constant roll of thunder for the duration of the storm. A proper demonstration of the amount of energy available in warmer conditions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Are you sure it was 85% r.h. when it was 33 °C? That would be a dewpoint of 30 °C, which is fairly imposible in that region. Looking back over the past 5 weeks of Swiss dewpoints the highest they've gotten to were the high teens, with an isolated 20 °C the odd day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Entirely possible the cheapie weather station I have in use was b0rked. I'll happily defer to the local experts! :)

(I have been known to be wrong on occasion after all, and my memory may also be faulty)

Advertisement