Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Áistriúcháin - cabhair ag teastáil!

• 23-04-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭

Tá cabhair ag teastáil uaim ag iarraidh an Ghaeilge ceart a chur ar an píosa seo:

This certificate has been awarded to Michael for understanding that a dog is for life and knowing how to be a responsible dog owner.

Aon smaointí, le bhúr dtoil???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

padraig.od wrote: »

This certificate has been awarded to Michael for understanding that a dog is for life and knowing how to be a responsible dog owner.

Tá an teastas seo arna bhronnadh ar Michael (Mhícheál?) as tuiscint a bheith aige gur peata ar feadh a shaoil é madra, agus as freagrachtaí úinéir madra a bheith ar eolas aige.

It could be phrased a few different ways, so other wording suggestions are welcome. If Michael is being left in English, leave out the piece in brackets. Out of curiosity, could you tell us what this is for?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Grmla Gael :D It's actually for my wife's job, she works with dogs and kiddies! Just wondering, would it also be correct to say 'Bronnadh an teastas seo ar .....' or am I way off the mark???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Gael

padraig.od wrote: »
    Grmla Gael :D It's actually for my wife's job, she works with dogs and kiddies! Just wondering, would it also be correct to say 'Bronnadh an teastas seo ar .....' or am I way off the mark???

Yes, you could say that too, though that would translate as "This certificate was awarded to..." It's a matter of style really and how you want the tense to be expressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭padraig.od

Ahhhhh tuigim anois! Go raibh míle as an gcabhair :)

Advertisement