Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harpur Family History (Hasleyrath/Enniscorthy, Co.Wexford)

• 21-10-2009 10:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

A couple of days ago at a family reunion me and my family got talking about the Harpur family, and about how unknown it is to us. Today I looked up my grandfathers name (Nicholas) and where he was born on the 1911 Census... I did not find my grandfather, but instead I did find my great grandfather.

I already knew he had one sister called Cathleen (who wasn't born at the time of the census), who would be my great-aunt, but I now know more about his direct relations, but I'm still eager to learn more about my family. I'm going to list out every known member of his direct family about so if there are any Harpurs who either had parents, aunty's, uncles, grandparents or even distant cousins that had the same names as the people on this list, could they please tell me what they know about the family....

I know it's a long shot, but hey, it's worth a try.

They were from Hasleyrath, Co. Wexford.
    There ages listed here were their ages in 1911.

Nicholas Harpur, 38
    Johanna Harpur, 30
    John Harpur, 9
    Mary Harpur, 7
    Michael Harpur, 3
    Johanna Harpur, 2
    Margaret Harpur, 0

My grandfather, Nicholas Harpur, was not yet born in 1911, and neither was my great-aunt Cathleen.

Thanks for reading, and hopefully I'll be hearing from someone,
    Rory.

Comments

Advertisement