Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Major Irish ISP break your internet

• 29-08-2020 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Your ISP is probably spying on you.
    Your ISP intentionally or not makes your connection slower than it has to be.

So far I caught red handed:
    Sky(using Eir DSL, a few months ago)
    Vodafone(using EIR Fibre to the home, today)

Please report your ISP here.

Proof:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW5bP2IQIew&t=126s

Its a little old, but it still is relevant

check if its the case for you

https://dnssec.vs.uni-due.de/
    click test button, and a few second later, if you don't get positive picture - well, now you know.

Consequences of them messing with your DNS settings:
    1. Making you more vulnerable, as now you can't change DNS server at all.(change IP's for DNS servers in your OS all you want, traffic wont ever reach intended server)
    2. They block NON DNS traffic on port 53.(because it DOES exist, and legitimate traffic too)
    3. They make speeds of peer to peer apps slower. Good example is Steam download servers, as per my video.
    4. Potentially spy on you.(because we now have reasons to believe they can spy on you and no reasons to believe they don't)
    5. That disables DNSsec. Which further makes you more vulnerable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dimko

Thanks for sharing
    No problem.

Would appreciate if you tried checking if your DNS servers are DNSSEC enabled or not. Do any online test or use one in my previous message and report your ISP, shame or praise :)

Advertisement