Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer Cloudsite and web domain to another web hosting

• 24-07-2020 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hi all,

I wish to transfer my current cloudsite and website domain to another web hosting.

I'm not an IT person so I don't know where to start?

Any suggestion? Is it possible? Do you recommend any web hosting (not too expensive as I'm currently paying 28 euro for the domain plus 80€cloudsite (email, etc)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Recommending hosting not allowed, but generally you get what you pay for and if you don't just move again.
    If you are buying a reasonable package most hosting companies will organise the move for you.
    You don't have to have the domain registered with the same company as is doing the hosting, and keeping them separate in many cases makes moving less problematic.
    Beware some registrars can be restrictive and want to charge for moving etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭FionMc

I use a company called hostpresto. I think they have good customer support and cheap. UK based though, so not sure if there would be any GDPR factors to consider since Brexit

Advertisement