Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US] 24: Day 9 - Live Another Day, The Final Hour [ 10 p.m. - 11 a.m. ][* SPOILERS *]

• 08-07-2014 4:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Kick it off early for speculation.

Trailer:

This will be the first episode of the show to not take place in real time.

Synopsis:
    In the highly anticipated season finale, the clock ticks toward the final seconds of Jack Bauer’s most heroic day. As the world teeters on a terror plot of mass proportions, Jack and the team reunite one last time to avert an imminent international crisis. With little time left and the fate of the free world on the line, Jack is faced with an unthinkable and grave decision. Lives will be lost and the American administration will grapple with the day’s most devastating news as the clock stops in the all-new “Day 9: 10:00 PM – 11:00 AM” Event Series Finale episode of 24: LIVE ANOTHER DAY

Going by the trailer, my guess is Audrey dies, Jack finds out on the ship, goes bat **** insane, then dies too.
    :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ya definitely think its the end of Audrey. Hopefully Jack can make it but cant see it tbh. This really could be the best season of 24 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭KeithM89

Very close with Day 5 for me. Genuinely think Jack will die though.
    Audrey dies (hence Hellers collapse in the trailer), he's nothing left to live for so goes all out to get Cheng.
    Glad to see more belcheck though.

KeithM89 wrote: »
    Very close with Day 5 for me. Genuinely think Jack will die though.
    Audrey dies (hence Hellers collapse in the trailer), he's nothing left to live for so goes all out to get Cheng.
    Glad to see more belcheck though.

I dont trust him for some reason. I definitely think someone is gonna doublecross Jack, be it him or Kate (probably thinking too far outside the box)

Raf32 wrote: »
    I dont trust him for some reason. I definitely think someone is gonna doublecross Jack, be it him or Kate (probably thinking too far outside the box)

No don't say that, I really like him!
    Cant stop watching the promo, Kates face as she tries to rescue Audrey doesn't fill me with confidence either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭pah

I reckon they'll both make it. the coffin is either heller or Morgan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

pah wrote: »
    I reckon they'll both make it. the coffin is either heller or Morgan

I thought this too, I can't see it been Jacks anyway as the coffin is draped with the american flag and Jack is no longer in the Army nor a federal agent. I reckon Heller has some sort of heart attack knowing that something bad has happened to Audrey ?

Theres a new, very slightly different trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcugnBuf848

Has a quick shot of
    Mark sitting in the CIA looking devastated.Between that and the President collapsing, i'd say Audrey goes bye bye

Theres a new, very slightly different trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcugnBuf848

Has a quick shot of
    Mark sitting in the CIA looking devastated.Between that and the President collapsing, i'd say Audrey goes bye bye
    Kate accidentally shoots her?

Raf32 wrote: »
    Kate accidentally shoots her?

Yeah she might
    get caught in the cross fire. Someone on a different message board pointed out it looks like there is actually 2 coffins. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Yeah she might
    get caught in the cross fire. Someone on a different message board pointed out it looks like there is actually 2 coffins. :(
    Of course, the secret service dude that was with Audrey could be in the coffin...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No way will they kill off jack it would make no sense. I reckon audrey is toast though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

This is not on untill wednesday ?

edit sorry, I was looking at imdb ... its on the 14th ..

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Wild guess time :

Jack trades himself for Chloe to Cheng.
    Audrey dies.

I can't see an ending that they haven't done before - didn't Palmer give Jack a presidential
    pardon in an earlier season ?
    He's already faked his death , already gone to china , I can't see a happy ending for Jack.

I think Chloe will be heavily involved, they wont just leave her lying in a forest.

Some early reviews leaked, one said it was his favourite episode of 24 to date and another said "You'll experience every emotion except joy".

Would rather the president dies than Audrey tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

I think its Kate that gets shot looks that way on the vid.

Audrey for me, everything points towards it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Haven't read a bad review about the finale

Cannot wait

I think Kate and Heller die

In the UK Promo here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6tLDuZjaEU

Big
    Looks like Chloe gets kidnapped, maybe by the russians, and Jack trades with her. Its daytime too so must be near the end

Straight in as my number 1 episode of all time, man tears were shed.
    So many highlights but by far the best was the
    samurai sword

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

Jack had mostly a wry grin in the final scene... as though he'd seen it all before, and he has to a certain extent...

What got me most about the episode was President Heller's conversation with the Prime Minister... found it very moving and real.

Whereto now for Kate Morgan? Your guess is as good as mine....

Chloe, Chloe, Chloe..... actually Belcheck and herself made a cute couple :-)

Cheng is a nimbler bugger than you'd think for a man of his years.

Overall impressions this season? Well look, since season 5 the shock value of 24 has considerably lessened for me....
    this season was correct in only going with 12 shows... hard to imagine trying to hack a further dozen episodes out of this season and still make it fresh and compelling.

I was impressed with the opening of the season with the Chloe jail break etc.... yet even in only 12 episodes there were elements of padding etc.... Characters like Audrey, Ritter etc. were a tad aimless at times. I liked "Bad Navarro" in the latter episodes.

While I've had a bond with 24 since my college days... and a certain loyalty to it always.... I do think that the Best Before Date of Jack Bauer elapsed around 2006.

Still, thanks for the farewell tour this time though Jack!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I presume there will be another 12 episode series, was a great ending episode to this series though

• Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

WexTK wrote: »
    What got me most about the episode was President Heller's conversation with the Prime Minister... found it very moving and real.

That was my favourite part of this episode too. So sad.

Fingers crossed for another series next year - this one has been fantastic.

Great final episode. Like everyone else said, the scene with Heller and the PM was so moving and definitely the highlight of the episode. A lot to with from here and they should defo stick to 12 episodes from now on imo.

In the highly anticipated season finale, the clock ticks toward the final seconds of Jack Bauer’s most heroic day. As the world teeters on a terror plot of mass proportions, Jack and the team reunite one last time to avert an imminent international crisis. With little time left and the fate of the free world on the line, Jack is faced with an unthinkable and grave decision. Lives will be lost and the American administration will grapple with the day’s most devastating news as the clock stops. In the final scene of the season Jack and Chloe make passionate love. He finally smiles.

Wiki summary

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

horgan_p wrote: »
    Wild guess time :

Jack trades himself for Chloe to Cheng.
    Audrey dies.

I can't see an ending that they haven't done before - didn't Palmer give Jack a presidential
    pardon in an earlier season ?
    He's already faked his death , already gone to china , I can't see a happy ending for Jack.

Christ , I wasnt far off for a guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoyed that.

I hope it gets renewed.

I can see Chloe and Kate heading east at the start of the day 10.

Day 10 set in Moscow with Chloe and Belcheck trying to find Jack, its obvious the door was left open for another season.

Wouldve liked to see Mark react to Audreys death, he's a great actor.
    Wonder whatever happened to Simone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I had a little cry there at the end, I'm not ashamed to admit. Hope this isnt the last we see of the great Jack Bauer! A great last episode to a fantastic season!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭WexTK

Belcheck is a good addition isn't he, the silent type who comes and goes and doesn't upset the flow of things.

You'd imagine if there was another season, the untangling of Jack's current situation could be taken care of in a stand-alone 10 minute season prequel like some of the other seasons.

The writers have been saying that if there is another one (and it's a BIG if!) they'd like to see Jack transplanted back to California - they consider that the spiritual home of 24. It would get kind of tenuous if they tried to shoehorn Jack's tech helper into another season beyond a brief cameo, although I guess she's now officially his "best friend" :-)

Isn't it funny how quickly you'd forget the Margot and Simone storyline once Navarro and then Cheng came on the scene...

Jack going ultra gun crazy like he did with the Drazens in season 1 is always walking the line of cartoonishness though IMO

Advertisement