Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Love/Hate [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

I'm watching season 1 now as i only caught the last episode when it aired....it's far better than i thought and i'm really enjoying it! It's certainly takes the edge off waiting for the next ep of S3!

is season 1 on netflix or available for download anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭chancer12

why do they only leave one episode up on RTE player? Hadn't seen this series before and missed the first episode. think its fantastic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭leonidas83

chancer12 wrote: »
    why do they only leave one episode up on RTE player? Hadn't seen this series before and missed the first episode. think its fantastic

Because they want the sales of their boxsets to be a success essentially

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

5. Lizzie Skanger RA bird. She represents the greatest danger to Darren.
    Why?

For Posterity

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Jayob10 wrote: »
    not sure, i got the dvd a while back. Gold dust now i believe until the boxset comes out at xmas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jayob10 wrote: »

Not on Netflix, and downloading is not allowed (please see charter).
    It's available on DVD if you want to pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I have both season 1 and 2 on DVD.

I am willing to rent them out for a cost of 1 billion Dollars per DVD :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Q_ueeny wrote: »

Sounds reasonable, do you take Zimbabwe currency :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

Sounds reasonable, do you take Zimbabwe currency :confused:

Im afraid not , sorry! Only Dollars and Euros :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hey remember Xtravision everyone?

I'm pretty sure I saw DVDs of Season 1 (and possibly 2) for sale second hand in there not too long ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I recently got series 1&2 in my local Xtravision shop. Thought it might be available to rent, but for sale only.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

Q_ueeny wrote: »

I'm willing to undercut Q_ueeny and offer same deal for €999,999,999. (nine hundred and ninety nine million, nine hundred and ninety nine thousand, nine hundred and ninety nine euro only)

Cash or postal order made payable to 'Just An Opinion' :D

you can have mine when i'm finished, but i need someone clipped?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Just An Opinion

you can have mine when i'm finished, but i need someone clipped?

Ah Ash could ye not give me a break? I'll tell ye were me cousin lives instead and I swear I'll move away for good (about 2 days) to England (me da's shed) you'll never see me again (until I rat ye out to me uncle)

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Ah Ash could ye not give me a break? I'll tell ye were me cousin lives instead and I swear I'll move away for good (about 2 days) to England (me da's shed) you'll never see me again (until I rat ye out to me uncle)

That is the bit of reality about the show that I like....they really are dim enough to think that moving postcode qualifies as going off the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭TheBlock

And then sure you'll let me off again (Cause your really an oul softie).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

folks, I'm a latecomer to Love/Hate, I've downloaded an ISO of Season 1. I'm not sure if I have the lot, the ISO menu lists 4 episodes or the total playing time is 3 hours 20 mins.

Can anyone tell me how many episodes there were in season 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

folks, I'm a latecomer to Love/Hate, I've downloaded an ISO of Season 1. I'm not sure if I have the lot, the ISO menu lists 4 episodes or the total playing time is 3 hours 20 mins.

Can anyone tell me how many episodes there were in season 1?

Only 4 episodes in the first series. Season 2 and 3 have 6.

Best show on RTE..... after a Jean Byrne weather forecast. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

dfbemt wrote: »
    Best show on RTE..... after a Jean Byrne weather forecast. ;)

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭yohan the great

Fran is one of the best characters on television I think. He adds a bit of comic relief but I do get the sense he is very smart under it all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

Only since his Dad went missing though, the henchmen are just hanging around him because they are loyal to Git.

I kind of agree with Happyman, to an extent (don't clip me!), Dano is a complete liability to the IRA, getting drunk and passing out all the time, I mean he makes himself such an easy target it's unbelievable.

If ANYONE saw him like that, they could pretty easily rock up to his house at about 3 in the morning, put the frighteners on the wife with a gun, and kill Dano, no bother.

Nidge is learnign from that, staying sober at the party.

But my point is they wouldnt, as he is the leader of the Ra. Now there might be a power struggle (as looks to be happening IRL), but as it stands, Nidge has a very real reason to be afraid of him. One word from Dano, and nidge is history

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Fran is one of the best characters on television I think. He adds a bit of comic relief but I do get the sense he is very smart under it all

+1 , Fran will take over as overlord soon enough......he's ruthless, sly and cunning....

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Gotya

The actress who played Siobhan's friend was in Prosperity back in 2007.

Here is a pic of the actor who played Aido from quite a while back. He was in the Stardust drama iirc. He has changed quite a bit it goes without saying

image004.jpg

I'l crunchy the fcukers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Now I'm hungry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Darrens loyalty to Elmo will be his ultimate downfall.

I don't think it's loyalty, I just think he lost his bottle after the impact the double murder had on him. Otherwise Elmo would have been a gonner, and probably the kid on the bike.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I don't think it's loyalty, I just think he lost his bottle after the impact the double murder had on him. Otherwise Elmo would have been a gonner, and probably the kid on the bike.

Series 1 when
    Hughie took a pop at Darren (where Elmo was driving the getaway car) and Darren fired back and got Elmo he tied up Elmo's wound and called an ambulance

Series 3 of course Darren let him off in the pub and last Sunday he let him off again despite believing Elmo grassed him up to his uncle.

There is a bit of loyalty there. Just thinking though, how would Elmo have known Darren was staying at Aido's considering he didnt know about the Gardai raid and that Darren had done a runner from his house to stay at Aido's??

EDIT: Another thing is i doubt Darren is losing bottle after killing
    Stumpy and John Boy, helping to finish off Luke and finishing off Git with the keg. He is well blood thirsty by now

But the fact that he orphaned a kid and the parents were innocent I think got to him. When asked why didn't he shoot the guy on the bike he remarked he was just a kid. I can't remember the details, didn't they have no issue in killing someone as young as that guy, gettaway driver I think, in one of the earlier seasons ?

Regarding how the kid knew where he was, Aido would know who he hangs around with and could indicate as to where he may be laying low.

Darren did let luke off initially, it was only after he continued to watch his sister after the warning that he took him out.

• Advertisement

It's not Luke I'm talking about though, I vaguely remember it was basically a walk on character I think was shot in a car in waste ground. I can't find any decent episode synopsis out there that goes into detail.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement