Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Gallery

• 26-07-2002 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

It would be nice to get some pictures of everyone in here in a sticky thread with a picture of them doing anything from the various things they have tried or done in the past and has managed to have been captured by an unsuspecting lens, links to clips of you are welcome too! Unfortunately I can't get near a scanner atm but have had this idea for a while so get posting and lets have ya :D

This could also help others coming in here to meet like minded people to possibly get together if they need a partner to practise whatever it is they enjoy doing.

I cannot for the life of me find a dive buddy to go spear fishing for example. It's a bit too dangerous/silly to go out on your own as you never know what might happen. Same goes for scuba diving and a lot of others so pitch in and help get things rolling :)

How about you post a picture/link to a picture of yourself too so we know your not takin the piss like the coder who looks at everything like a calculation, for reference see here

As you will notice this and this has nothing to do with this lad here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Yah have a few photos - none up online tho. Also not scanned most of the few I have - but might be a good chance to get round to that.

Dev do boards do hosting for photos? Or how and where can i throw em?

Will sort it next week probs.

Edit: Also could just meet up for couple drinks. I know a good few of the old boards crowd anyways and will try get to the next arranged meet thing - be good if a few folk from here turned up.

JAK.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,523 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Jak, go here to sign up for boards space. Upload the files and then link your post to the address.

innit.

(I don't have any cool pictures of me flying me kite, sozzeh :))

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

How about some of these - I'll try not to get carried away :)

Last year, early May, Whistler - got a dump of snow during the night and we were up the mountain early which meant we had it pretty much to ourselves - check out the fresh tracks

Or how about this, May this year, Mt Baker - sunny skies and shorts as we trained for the annual Ski to Sea relay race. I got to do the downhill ski leg, which turned out to be mostly uphill - you had to run up a black slope in your boots (carrying your skis) then scoot down the other side. Total time spent going up ~30mins. Time going down ~3mins.

If I don't get accused of thread-jacking I'll post some more...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

gah fnck you cerebus, fnck you in the goat ass! :)

That powder looks great, and now I really want to be back ont he slopes. Like my cold turkey wasnt cold enough eh? :)

I'll post a few of me in the near future for a laugh too.

DeV.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

ok theres no need to create a boards account, simply attach the pic to your post.
    I havent tried multiple pics yet though...
    The attachment option is towards the bottom of the Reply window.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Too late Dev, I'm already abusing your free space/bandwith ...

Right I remembered that there was a bio pic of me on my brothers site so i copied that out and hopefully its up

Here

and I'll need to get a scanner for my photos as I never got a digital and they are all lying in bags here. Looked through and theres a few, but to be honest a lot aren't great. Just don't generally take a camera when I'm out - maybe I'll try get some new though.

Anyhows I did find a pic of my current pride and joy which is my kite .. so thats here

Thats it for now, Ill check with friends - i know one of them had a digital.

JAK.

Damn jayk that kite looks the business. Might even get into it though I've been thinking about Wakeboarding too ...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭TacT

sweet stuff cerebus and jak, keep em coming lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

Here's a pic of my new shortboard, got it on saturday for €120 with a bag and leash. She's 6'6 X 20 3/4 X 2 3/16. Haven't taken her out yet as there are two small dings in the tail fins.
    I've got a disposable waterproof camera which we're saving for a good day so hopefully I should have some good action shots soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I feel that for reasons of jealousy that this is a terrible idea! :D

• Advertisement

There are a few pics and some useful info and links on www.skateboardirish.com

Props to Paddy for gettin the site up and bothering to up date it at all with valuable info and news, thanks :)

Yeah thats a well updated site...

He could give us a link to here if he's so inclined and might not hurt him to use the free hosting on Boards.ie either to rid himself of those annoying popups...

Just an idea. Anyway, we could start a sticky of links to good Irish sites for info, web-logs and general interest sites for readers. I for one would like to see whats out there for Irish extreme sports enthusiasts.

DeV.

I'll get cracking on it as soon as I'm back from holiers, in the meantime if peeps would care to post whatever sites they regularly visit or know of then we can work from there. I'll go back through the other threads and gather all the links that have already been posted for a start.

I'll try get in touch with the guy who runs the site and get him to post a link to here as well, if you wanna host him with no popups I'm sure he'd be a very happy lad :)

I will be in touch with him over the weekend and shall get some linkage on the go. I'll get to work on more promotion of the board asap.

In the meantime I just about had time to do this before I finish up here tonight, in the words of jax, here is my current pride and joy which is my skateboard (mid pop-shove-it to fakie at the now deceased Park at Drumcondra Ramp 'N' Rail :(

sorry for the unedited pic with a crummy scanner, just had to post something up here as it's been too quiet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Rightio here's my cont-ra-bution:

First up is me bouldering in Kho Tao, Thailand.

Secondly it's me seconding a multipitch climb in Thailand (I'll attach this one as it's only liggle).

that 2nd pic gave me a creeky neck ;)

beautiful stuff.

I want to be in the water underneath you there :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 minbari_weh

Though not everyone's cup of tea, here are a few pictures I took at a recent historical reenactment in wexford...

<a href="http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen/photos/"&gt; http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~valen/photos/</a>

(and yes, I reckon whirling large lumps of metal at each other extreme!)

valen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 FrostyThePeanut

Originally posted by DeVore
    I've been thinking about Wakeboarding too ...

DeV.

Wakeboarding is brilliant, great craic, and not too difficult to progress once you get the hang of the board. I would greatly recommend it.

P.S That kite surfing looks the muts' nuts, I wonder if there are many places a beginner can get started...........hmmm.......

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Heres a photo of what happenes when you go white water rafting. Its a bit gross this one but I had a hoot all the same.

The finger photo

The full story is found by clicking on my sig piccie.

hehe I have to laugh phil :D
    Reminds me of when I folded my iddle finger in half when I fell off my board and didn't want to visit hospital so I just yanked it back into place, ouch ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

One of our guys jumping

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

There are not many there yet but i'll work on it.

This was a little session organised by Dave Hurley from Limerick.

What do you all think !!

Irish Skate Pics

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

There's lots of pics here from the UL MTB Club - http://mbul.csn.ul.ie/photogallery/index.html

Cork Skate - you may have come across a few of our lads in Limerick at the skate demos doing mtb trials.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

thames%20Touch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

Check 'em out !!

Let me know what you all think lads !!

I've been quiet for a bit, so here are some pics. The snow's been kind of crappy this winter, but we've managed to get out a bit.

Here's some backcountry ski touring/mountaineering (using AT gear) from a few weekends back in the BC interior. Check out my old-skool ski jumper :)

Some of the trips we have even had enough energy to dig snow caves - here's a picture of the morning after a lovely sleep. The big black thing on the left is a tree trunk we had to dig around...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Not a whole lot of actual snowboarding shots, but the photos I took on the recent boards snowboarding trip to Livigno are here

Deadly boarding photos lads - keep them coming! The conditions looked pretty good!

Here's one of me taken from "Adventure Kayak" magazine - they did a feature on kayak racing in Canada. No sign of my name unfortunately, but I'm the devilishly handsome guy in the #4 vest :D

My wife was disgusted - the one week of racing she missed all last summer, and they go take a picture and publish it... needless to say, I bought quite a few copies of the magazine to leave lying around the house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Silent Bob

I don't know if you guys consider sailing an extreme sport but since I don't have any pics of me windsurfing this one of me in a Laser 4000 will have to do.

And we race in those things for all those who don't think it extreme enough... :)

Advertisement