Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Old Manias we are rewatching

Options
  • 27-03-2020 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

For the week that’s in it lads is anyone rewatching old manias?

I’ve just turned on WM 13

Vinnie Mac, JR & King on commentary. Fatal 4 way tag match to start. JBL’s mustache in the New Blackjacks is mad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Haven’t watched manias 1-12 in a long time so going to make my through them all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

sky88 wrote: »
    Haven’t watched manias 1-12 in a long time so going to make my through them all

I started on 13. Watching 14 now. The golden era of WWF. Think I’ll watch the Raw after Mania after this one and see the new DX be formed. Some of this stuff I haven’t watched since the night it was live on Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

For the weekend that’s in it lads is anyone rewatching old manias?

Vinnie Mac, JR & King on commentary. Fatal 4 way tag match to start. JBL’s mustache in the New Blackjacks is mad!
    WM 13 wasn't the best show but was definitely in the middle of the transition period to the Attitude era, Bret Hart & Stone Cold was amazing and raised the bar for the years ahead

I’m watching 15 now. No JR on commentary. Cole & King

Kane shoots a fire ball at Chyna and HHH shoots Kane whilst dressed as Goldust.

Big show gets arrested for punching Vince.

Kane v HHH up next after Pete Rose takes a beating off Kane

Can’t get over how simple the stages/sets are.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Showing my son X for the first time now. Currently about half way through Owen vs Bret now.

• Advertisement

Watched 16 with The Game Rock Show & Foley in the main event. Vince turns on The Rock. Starting to look like mania now with the entrance screens. I love the old school pyro. The entrance songs are getting better now too. Chris Benoit v Y2J v Angle was on too. I didn’t think anything of Benoits was still on the network as I thought I read they dubbed it all out

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watched 16 with The Game Rock Show & Foley in the main event. Vince turns on The Rock. Starting to look like mania now with the entrance screens. I love the old school pyro. The entrance songs are getting better now too. Chris Benoit v Y2J v Angle was on too. I didn’t think anything of Benoits was still on the network as I thought I read they dubbed it all out

On WWE 24/7 after his death he was removed but the network has him mostly intact. The Audio of the PPV when he didn't show up has removed any mention of him not being there and there a video that's removed from the backlash PPV after mania XX which included him and his wife and son which obviously wouldn't age well and is cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Skipped straight to the ladder match, and he was on the edge of his seat.

We're now watching the SummerSlam ladder match, and he's a firm Michaels fan.

We watched the Royal Rumble match from 2010 earlier too, with Shawn desperate for the Undertaker rematch.

Will show him the WrestleMania XXV match after this one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

For the week that’s in it lads is anyone rewatching old manias?

I started here and am on now WM14. 14 is actually more fun than I remember it ever being.

Loughc wrote: »
    I started here and am on now WM14. 14 is actually more fun than I remember it ever being.

I’ve watched a few of the Raw is Wars from the night after Mania and they are brilliant too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I’ve watched a few of the Raw is Wars from the night after Mania and they are brilliant too

Oh that’s a great idea. The raw after WM14 is the formation of the DX Army.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

On this recommendation I just turned on this raw....great watching Vince and Austin starting out....

How many times have they tried recreate this energy and storyline? Owens, Bryan and Lynch in recent memory.

Ps4 app is garbage for this app!

Watched 6 & 7 today

God warrior/hogan is soo good and just so different to anything u see today 25 mins and they barely do anything but have the crowd right we’re they want them

Then on 7 warrior/savage is fantastic and the aftershock with liz and macho just so so good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Bar 17 my go to mania is 8.

Flair v Macho

Piper v Bret

He'll even Hogan v Sid..

My first mania I can remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

WM3, pontiac silverdome (amazingly now demolished). The hype in the country about it, watched the next 6, some good but never on the same level. Whole of 4th class asleep on the desks the next day, probably echoed throughout the country where Sky was available. Great days :)

Yup! I hadn’t watched it since I watched live years ago and was shocked at how much detail I remembered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

WM X8

Edge and Booker T are feuding over shampoo commercial. :pac:

Yesterday was the anniversary of wrestlemania III 33 years ago and tomorrow is the 35th anniversary of the first wrestlemania and the 24th anniversary of wrestlemania 12.

And today is the 17th anniversary of wrestlemania 19 which I've always liked but not everyone agrees.

And today is the 17th anniversary of wrestlemania 19 which I've always liked but not everyone agrees.

WM19 is a fantastic card. Loved it.

WM19 is a fantastic card. Loved it.

It was but it didn't do well numbers wise compared the ones that came before or after it. I mean it had a great cruiserweight opener and had all okay or very good matches. In fairness to vince when he did wrestle he never tried to do anything over the top. The hogan match was way better in reality than it should have been.

• Advertisement

I had no memory of diesel/hbk being as good as it is at mania 11 rest of card was not good besides razor/Jeff

sky88 wrote: »
    I had no memory of diesel/hbk being as good as it is at mania 11 rest of card was not good besides razor/Jeff

It was good because of hbk being in the match. Does the jackknife powerbomb still look as **** now as it did then.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    It was good because of hbk being in the match. Does the jackknife powerbomb still look as **** now as it did then.

I am a Nash mark to be fair but yes the jackknife does indeed look terrible

31 years ago today wrestlemania V took place in Atlantic city where imo the first big time main event took place with macho man randy savage vs hulk hogan. The storyline over the year was superbly done with the paranoid macho man(not heard for him to pull off) turning heel and lust hogan(credit to Jesse Ventura) going after miss Elizabeth.

Wrestlemania V also saw the first wrestlemania for old hbk Shawn Michaels.

Tully and arn were in tag action against Martel and someone who's name I've forgotten. We had roddy pipper use a fire extinguisher on some celebrity.

The venue is the same as last year and it's just not a good venue.

So mania 3 give us the blueprint for a mania worthy venue in the silver dome and no V gave us the blueprint for a mania main event and funnily enough the next year the two synced up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I’m watching 15 now. No JR on commentary. Cole & King

Watched it last night. The crowd are hot for nearly every little thing! It's so raw, if you'll excuse the pun. No HD, simple set and just not polished. Really liked the atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sbs2010

WM3, pontiac silverdome (amazingly now demolished). The hype in the country about it, watched the next 6, some good but never on the same level. Whole of 4th class asleep on the desks the next day, probably echoed throughout the country where Sky was available. Great days :)

This is the one I wanted to see but didnt have Sky.

Was in 2nd or 3rd year and got detention for shouting "Bigger, Better, Badder" during a free class.

Still have never seen it. Except clip of I think Aretha Franklin singing national anthem.

So where I can I see it now?

sbs2010 wrote: »
    This is the one I wanted to see but didnt have Sky.

Was in 2nd or 3rd year and got detention for shouting "Bigger, Better, Badder" during a free class.

Still have never seen it. Except clip of I think Aretha Franklin singing national anthem.

So where I can I see it now?

The WWE network.

Last night I rewatched both of Shawn Michaels matches from wrestlemania 19 and 21.

Dear good god he really is an all time great. At no 19 in Seattle you had the setting of safeco field with the change in lighting because of the sun going down which gave an amazing atmosphere and obviously Jericho and Michaels put on a clinic. But then 21 with kurt angle happened and I don't smoke but that match is one you might be tempted after watching it. I looked up the time of the match and it was 27 minutes 26 seconds and it felt like half that.

Up to WM2000 now. (WM16) on the main event it’s crazy to think Rock and Hunter went 20mins on their own after Foley and Show we’re eliminated.

• Advertisement

Up to WM2000 now. (WM16) on the main event it’s crazy to think Rock and Hunter went 20mins on their own after Foley and Show we’re eliminated.

That was probably the main event we should have gotten just rock vs triple h. You could still done the finish with vince screwing the rock and the Stephanie part would still work. Linda had no business out there as she couldn't be part of the match. Although if Shane isn't out there then how would Vince have left ? Also even after all these years and having seen it live the foley table miss still makes me wince. He deserved a better initial send off.

Advertisement