Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corona Virus and licence applications

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭dc99

I wonder will a result of the C19- will the Government cop on and automate a lot of stuff? Inc. Our license in system.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,934 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Talked to my local fellah last nite[Limerick area] .They are getting them out,but it's on a low pirority list of things to do.So it's on a "when we have a spare minute" time basis.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Talked to my local fellah last nite[Limerick area] .They are getting them out,but it's on a low pirority list of things to do.So it's on a "when we have a spare minute" time basis.

Ive got three in at the minute two renewals and a new application and ive gotten 3 phonecalls about two them :rolleyes: theyre still as per normal in my district it seems and as by normal i mean as slow as christmas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭delboythedub

went down to Garda station last weekend and there I was told not to enter station due to corona virus. told i could post completed nenewal form in to them and I did. wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭TheEngineer1

Anyone have any idea what the story is with substitutions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Uinseann_16

Anyone have any idea what the story is with substitutions?

fill it out drop it in as per usual ring the station beforehand see if they want it through the postbox etc

fill it out drop it in as per usual ring the station beforehand see if they want it through the postbox etc

Cheers, I dropped one in about a week before the lockdown started. I imagine it wouldn't have the same kind of priority as renewals.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭725b

Sub for a 12 Gauge done in two weeks Limerick area.Very efficent.Handed in a sub Monday 23 March received Licence Friday 03 April. Cannot complain about that kind of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 mallow98

Put in an application this week and the guards took it no problem. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

mallow98 wrote: »
    Put in an application this week and the guards took it no problem. Be interesting to see how long it takes.

Going by your username we're applying to the same station, let me know how you get on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Hi gizz
    I suppose that's not just limerick, that policy must be filtering out from the Phoenix park...!?

Proably,but in these times it is understandable and acceptable if paperwork is moss growth slow.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Gardaí have their hands full with a lot of Covid related “new” work but at the same time a lot of routine work has disappeared, less traffic means less RTC’s, no pubs and clubs open means no Saturday night pissheads, etc etc ...

Our local crime prevention Sgt. for example called around last week for a brief but thorough inspection ( keeping appropriate distances and all ) of a newly fitted alarm and locks etc etc since we’re about to go over the three or less unrestricted firearms in the household with the young lad looking for a second gun.

They must be hard pressed though.On one RTE news report about Garda traffic stops starting last Thursday,we had a Chief Superintendent going by his shoulder boards waving down traffic and sticking his head in a car window on the M50 to examine some papers!:P:D. So things must be hard if they have the senior ranks out on traffic stops.::D

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Sparkey84

i got a licence sub back in the post just last week, someone must be pressing on in the office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Got my acceptance this morning after 2 months since I sent renewal. Normally its only 3 weeks but look they're busy atm .
    No worries anyway just make sure if you're waiting too long to contact them and make sure they know you're waiting a while for it

There's going to a load of Garda who won't be allowed on the front line because of health issues. The same as the rest of us. They'll be doing paper work and they'll be glad to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Ok, you am hearing some pretty jaw dropping info in new applications and the supers request for information in my local area (not wexford btw).

Our new super, is requesting for renewals, a map of the applicants gun club area, and also a list and written permissions from all farmers who have given permission to the gun club.

In some cases, he has given 14 days notice to get this information, and in others (one instance, 24hrs).

Apart from the obvious implications of requesting this level and type of data for an application or a renewal, it is incredible that this is occurring within the Corona lockdown .

Anyone aware of these kind of requests ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭J.R.

Our new super, is requesting for renewals, a map of the applicants gun club area, and also a list and written permissions from all farmers who have given permission to the gun club.

In some cases, he has given 14 days notice to get this information, and in others (one instance, 24hrs).

If the gun clubs are NARGC affiliated then I think the applicants should contact ther NARGC Compensation Fund Administrator. Mr. Chris Gavican, who looks after matters like this for gun club members.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Max H

There was a rumour going around similar in my area, that the Super wanted 2 land permissions as well as your NARGC Club membership, but i applied for another licence in February and just put a copy of my NARGC card in with application and 8 and a bit weeks later i got my grant letter, so think it may be a bit of rumour

• Advertisement

Ok, you am hearing some pretty jaw dropping info in new applications and the supers request for information in my local area (not wexford btw).

Apart from the obvious implications of requesting this level and type of data for an application or a renewal, it is incredible that this is occurring within the Corona lockdown .

Anyone aware of these kind of requests ?

Exceeding his authorithy in total if true.

If you are a member of a gun club,you have blanket coverage of the lands shot and he should refer that to you secetary of the local gunclub for that information on both demands.You only need that if you are an individual applying to shoot over someone elses land.

Plus under these circumstances and within that timeframe it is a VEXATIOUS and UNREASONABLE request to be making. Anyone with common sense and most certainly a judge would see this as such,were it to come to blows. Should be sent a letter with the appication to the above points and to wind in his neck!

Exceeding his authorithy in total if true.

If you are a member of a gun club,you have blanket coverage of the lands shot and he should refer that to you secetary of the local gunclub for that information on both demands.You only need that if you are an individual applying to shoot over someone elses land.

Plus under these circumstances and within that timeframe it is a VEXATIOUS and UNREASONABLE request to be making. Anyone with common sense and most certainly a judge would see this as such,were it to come to blows. Should be sent a letter with the appication to the above points and to wind in his neck!

Will have a bit more info in it next week, but even if it was a request from the super in to the gun club looking for list and written letters of consent from all landowners in the gun club area, it's going too far.

Exactly... Thats why he should get a rap on the knuckles.
    Give them an inch and they'll take a mile It's up to us ALL to call things like this and not allow people to go doing makey up law "cos I can!" to suit themselves.
    Also,if he was that concerned,why didnt he make the request at a much earlier date .IE when the applications fell due,rather than in the middle of a naional pandemic with a ridicilous time limit? Going to look a right pillock if that comes out.

What area are we talking about

Zxthinger wrote: »
    What area are we talking about

Cork direction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Cork direction

My brother in law lives in county Cork and applied for his first licence before Christmas, he lives in a rural area and wanted a shotgun to shoot some game on lands he had permission on, he's a model citizen. He had to have a face to face meeting with the Superintendent before his licence was granted.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Put in a new application 4 weeks ago. Licence arrived yesterday morning, collected gun yesterday evening.
    I've a substitution to do as well so may get that in now too as the efficiency during covid is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

Like for like substitution took less than 6 weeks for ne. Got new licence yesterday. Submitted just before the Covid kicked off.

Happy enough with the turnaround.
    In Dublin btw.

Hi lads a bit off topic ive been trawling through the firearms acts
    Im looking for a specific bit i cant find it, a pistol can only be used on a authorised range ?

Agh no your not that much off the topic.. ffs.. lol

Why would ye start a new thread? lol

I'd saty you'd stick it in anywhere.. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Anyone been out during this covid thing? Been mouthy a few tines a week. Getting rabbits and foxes in past months. Anyone been stopped by garda ( I know it's off topic apoligues)
    Was stopped twice yesterday and no issues because its pest control. But has anyone been turned away?

Advertisement