Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Weekend On One With Brendan O'Connor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Cole

Stephanie Preissner incoherent and out of her depth...as usual. Surely they can find someone else to reflect the 'young people's' perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

John halligan ....

All I can say is that he’s managed to scrape some career together from fairly meagre talent

He earns multiples of what most of us are on - I give up...

Cole wrote: »
    Stephanie Preissner incoherent and out of her depth...as usual. Surely they can find someone else to reflect the 'young people's' perspective.

She sounded quite ratty with him earlier -“what is the question you are asking me?” She abruptly asked

• Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Pretty lack lustre panel this am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

She sounded quite ratty with him earlier -“what is the question you are asking me?” She abruptly asked

She was only on the show a few weeks back so no need to be getting ratty with a presenter gifting her a level of exposure most in her position would kill for. He was obviously asking the exact same question the previous guest had just finished addressing, i dont know why she was struggling with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,519 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

Well its certainly a mix of views.

Gerry Kileen : A second wave inevitable, we're doomed etc etc

Stephanie Preissner: Big protests, yeah thats cool.

:pac::pac:

Pretty lack lustre in general since BOC took over. Like others here, I used to like him standing in for Marian, but he's making a pig's ear of it since being given the slot full-time.

RIP RTE's weekend 11-1 slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

She's incoherent to put it mildly. She started by saying she supported the lifting of restrictions. After Killeen spoke, she was then on his side of the debate saying we needed to adhere to the science line.
    She doesn't add anything to this show

Killeen is as mad as a box of frogs. He's wired

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Boc preparation is lacking - add in a panel of extreme views or in one case no view - and you have a recipe for disaster.

As someone said earlier it really does seem as if BOC and co are pulling into the car park at 10:57 then tip in to the studio and turning on the mikes with zero prep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,336 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

Switched to Newstalk weeks ago, he’s punching well above his weight!

Switched to Newstalk weeks ago, he’s punching well above his weight!

That's where I'm going...and if Miriam gets SOR's slot, that's where I'll spend most off my listening time.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,552 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Am I missing something?

Is Preisner Ireland’s answer to Noam Chomsky or something?

She’s on this programme every few bleedin’ weeks.

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Whenever Brendan has a gig Stephanie won't be too far away. She was on "Cutting Edge" regularly as well. Haven't seen the Sindo for years but I'm sure she had a "column" in Brenner's "Life" magazine too.

KevRossi wrote: »
    Or why doesn't BO'C get into Donnybrook at 7.00, run through the papers himself, mark/photocopy/cut out the articles that he wants to quote and be properly prepared. As you saud, it sounds like they were all pulling up in the carpark at 10.55 a.m.

Being dropped off by taxi, don’t you mean??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Caquas

KevRossi wrote: »
    Or why doesn't BO'C get into Donnybrook at 7.00, run through the papers himself, mark/photocopy/cut out the articles that he wants to quote and be properly prepared. As you saud, it sounds like they were all pulling up in the carpark at 10.55 a.m.

Why doesn't one of his minions producers do this and have everything sorted for him at 10.30 so he can vet the script? He needs to be sharp for his two hours on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

how the fcuk does she keep getting invited on to these shows ?

adds nothing whatsoever

John halligan ....

All I can say is that he’s managed to scrape some career together from fairly meagre talent

He earns multiples of what most of us are on - I give up...

a dingbat of the highest order

walshb wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

Why?

she must have something on somebody , theres no other explanation

• Registered Users Posts: 13,440 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

walshb wrote: »
    Am I missing something?

Why?
    its like she's living in a broom cupboard on the Montrose campus.

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Rabbit Redux

dvcireland wrote: »
    its like she's living in a broom cupboard on the Montrose campus.

Considering she makes her living as a writer, she's very poor at expressing herself and getting her point across.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭serfboard

She was only on the show a few weeks back so no need to be getting ratty with a presenter gifting her a level of exposure most in her position would kill for.
    I used to give out about Marian's peatas, but in fairness, at least she used to leave a bit of time between appearances. When I heard that the Preissner one was on the panel, my reaction was What? Again? Wasn't she on only a few weeks ago?

And John Halligan. Holy God what a performance. Now that he's no longer a TD, it seems that we are being treated to his full, unvarnished views. And what views they are. I found myself shouting, "you're wrong" at nearly everything he said.

In the end, I couldn't take it any more and I switched over to Gavin Reilly on Newstalk.

serfboard wrote: »
    In the end, I couldn't take it any more and I switched over to Gavin Reilly on Newstalk.

The way forward on a Sunday morning. No thread for his show here it seems?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,744 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Considering she makes her living as a writer, she's very poor at expressing herself and getting her point across.

You don't see the amount of corrections and re-writes she does when you view the finished work.
    Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

The way forward on a Sunday morning. No thread for his show here it seems?

Inertia. People are very set in their ways. There's never been more choice but people still tune in to sub-standard presenters and RTE and it's not just the older generation that do this.
    Gavin Reilly is much sharper and quick, it's night and day compared to Brendan O'Connor. The panels though aren't much different, the same group-think generally. Very few contrarian voices.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭serfboard

Gavin Reilly is much sharper and quick, it's night and day compared to Brendan O'Connor. The panels though aren't much different
    Yep - the only problem I had with it. I turned over one day and I heard Gerard Howlin on it and thought, ah FFS.

The media circle is a tiny incestuous pool, but that isn't just a problem in this country ...

I tried but I just cannot listen to this - her accent/voice goes through me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ShamNNspace

Ah I love Caits accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

I'm not sure that Cait appreciates the significance of what she is saying about the nurse in Elmhurst. I'm not sure RTE will appreciate her bringing mainstream attention to that particular story.

• Advertisement

Vacuous nonsense so far from both BOC and the head wreck he has on

Advertisement