Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Resident Evil 3 REmake

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭panevthe3rd

Really looked like a Mr X to me.

Plus Carlos is on the radio to her at that stage and they have already encountered nemises by then.

So it's either Mr X or a second Nemesis.

I remember in the original, the CG scene showing nemises being delivered had him as 1 of 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,723 ✭✭✭Evade

Earlier in the trailer Nemesis is on fire and his clothes are melting into him, I'd say Nemesis starts off in a Mr. X style coat and hat. It doesn't make sense to have Mr. X in the game, Nemesis kinda fills that continuous pursuit role already.

Plus Carlos is on the radio to her at that stage and they have already encountered nemises by then.
    Probably just the way the scenes are edited together for the trailer.

I noticed this time the figure's left arm looks like Nemesis.'

Evade wrote: »
    Probably just the way the scenes are edited together for the trailer.

I noticed this time the figure's left arm looks like Nemesis.'

Maybe yeah.

It looks like they first meet while jill is running from nemises though.

Find out soon enough.

I can see me trying in vain to blow up the flame thrower fuel tank way too many times.

Hunters look good.

Hunters look good.
    Yeah. Looked like Carlos was shooting it in the leg maybe to stop them doing the one hit kill jump attack?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Really looked like a Mr X to me.

So it's either Mr X or a second Nemesis.

I remember in the original, the CG scene showing nemises being delivered had him as 1 of 6.

I did some hi-res screengrabs when the light was just right, at 7 seconds the creature that punches her is Nemesis but he's almost entirely wrapped in black plastic with caution labels all over it, like he just got activated or something was still wrapped up! He has what looks like a life support device on his chest.

At the end of the clip, at 1.24, the creature Jill swerves to avoid hitting with the car is the same one, Nemesis wrapped up in black plastic with the same life support device on his chest

I did some hi-res screengrabs when the light was just right, at 7 seconds the creature that punches her is Nemesis but he's almost entirely wrapped in black plastic with caution labels all over it, like he just got activated or something was still wrapped up! He has what looks like a life support device on his chest.

At the end of the clip, at 1.24, the creature Jill swerves to avoid hitting with the car is the same one, Nemesis wrapped up in black plastic with the same life support device on his chest

That's a relief. Couldn't hack two of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Looks intense, can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,797 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Did Nemises always have a flamethrower :confused:

March will be a good month for games!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

TitianGerm wrote: »

No. Only a rocket launcher.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

RPG in the original RE3
    Minigun in ORC (thanks to the movie)

Flamethrower now, nice :)

No. Only a rocket launcher.

Yea that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure.

Doom and RE3 have me hyped now :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,141 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Yea that's what I was thinking but wasn't 100% sure.

Doom and RE3 have me hyped now :pac:

I bought Doom but never actually played it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

April. 3rd.

I bought Doom but never actually played it.

I bought it as well but only played a small bit. Need to get back and clear it before Eternal.

April. 3rd.

Close enough to March :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Game looks fantastic, but im not sold on Nemesis's new look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Hunters look pretty damn good too

I'm glad they switch the flame thrower.
    A rocket launcher wouldn't work now from a game-play perspective.

I'm glad they switch the flame thrower.
    A rocket launcher wouldn't work now from a game-play perspective.

There is a rocket launcher, they released some screen shots of nemesis carrying one.

• Advertisement

These are quite large images so I won't embed

Close up of Nemesis with Rocket Launcher
    https://i.imgur.com/AoCuVT5.jpg

Nemesis about to hit Jill with Rocket Launcher
    https://i.imgur.com/NFIJzoW.jpg

Holding Jill up on the Rocket Launcher (weird image!)
    https://i.imgur.com/nUeXI87.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Cannot wait, favourite game as a child finally nearly here. :)

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

"I had Nemesis chasing me around for 20 minutes"

Well, this is a no from me, they dont make adult nappies that big.

Vicxas wrote: »

Sure they do :P

Abena Abri-Form Premium All-In-One Incontinence Pad, Large 4, (Hip/Waist Size 100-150 cm) 4000 ml Absorbency, Pack of 12 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004O9EPEK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_LFJvEbGEQZGQC

Vicxas wrote: »

That sounds like a problem IMO

Again setting a limitation on exploration if he is pretty much chasing you for 20 minutes

I love the concept of the threat from RE3 original but I was never this relentless.

They need to make sure it strikes a good balance.

It' possible to have Mr. X chase you for that long. I triggered him in my first B scenario run before I picked up the spade key and before visiting most rooms.

That sounds like a problem IMO

Again setting a limitation on exploration if he is pretty much chasing you for 20 minutes

I love the concept of the threat from RE3 original but I was never this relentless.

They need to make sure it strikes a good balance.

It's a first impression of the game so the reporter was just learning it. There'll be workarounds like there were for Mr. X.

H. H. Asquith

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Having Mr.X in scenario A was a big problem though as regards exploration and simply taking in the new environments. I hope this doesn't suffer the same.
    Nemesis was grand in moderation but I'd hate to accidentally trigger him and then have to run around ducking rockets for the next half an hour when all I want to do is look at all the new artwork and designs......

Advertisement