Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2020, 00:26   #406
DaveyDave

Just finished now. Standard, 4:12 clear time and 5:26 total play time. 7 deaths, felt like a lot more. Second last boss was tough due to lack of health and useful ammo.

Enjoyed it but Nemesis was much less of a pain than anticipated. The first encounter at the start it was on your ass but after that it was just boss fights. Much less tension than Mr X. There was times I had to replay a section a dozen times in RE2 because Mr X made life difficult due to my health/ammo situation and it required a bit of luck to get out of it. Nemesis is just scripted boss fights so not much pressure.

Another downside is frequently getting cornered by a rake of zombies and depleting most of your ammo.

Outside of that I enjoyed it. I'm not a puzzle guy but even I would have liked a bit more of a puzzle element.

Definitely worth playing, but you'd want to wait til Black Friday to get it in sale or just wait until next year when it will be cheap in the shops.

A good companion alongside RE2. A decent enough game, good enough for those who wanted more of the same. Could have had a bit more in it.

Last edited by DaveyDave; 06-04-2020 at 22:07.
Advertisement
06-04-2020, 22:04   #407
T. Hanks^

I'm enjoying this more the RE2 Remake!
And I love RE2 Remake.

There I said it!

Loving the little twists in the story (compared to original) and nods to RE2 so far.

(I'm a mega fan) So pics tomorrow for proof of my shrine upgrade
06-04-2020, 22:21   #408
JimBurnley

Enjoying this but a wee bit stuck tbh Spoiler: in the hospital defending Jill, keep thinking I'm going well then just get overwhelmed by volume of the fecker's, or else distracted and they break into the room whilst I'm tackling Godzilla down the other end any tips?
06-04-2020, 23:07   #409
Azza

Just finished my nightmare run, I actually found it piss easy compared to my first hardcore run. Then I got to the the two part final boss. First part I died on several times, was quite though. Even though I horded ammo and health items it was hard going, Then I got to the second part and it all but one hit kills and my 4 first aid sprays did me little good. Really frustrating he doesn't kill you in one hit but some of this hits means you can't avoid the next attack or heal up and that next will kill you, very annoying, just kill me in one hit next time!. Didn't even get too the 2nd of three phases. Saved went back and did an assisted run to rack up achievements and purchased attack and defense poor ups as well as the manual then gives you more time to dodge. Finally got the timing down and nailed him.

Hmm inferno run next
07-04-2020, 00:25   #410
Tubbs4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBurnley View Post
Enjoying this but a wee bit stuck tbh Spoiler: in the hospital defending Jill, keep thinking I'm going well then just get overwhelmed by volume of the fecker's, or else distracted and they break into the room whilst I'm tackling Godzilla down the other end any tips?
Stand behind the desk and pick them off. Use a flash bang and grenade for the hunter. The hunter comes out through the door behind.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-04-2020, 09:28   #411
Penn

I'm still enjoying playing the game. Have started an Assisted mode playthrough just to familiarise myself with layouts and strategies for different enemies (bar shoot them in the face) and gather up collectibles.

It's definitely more flawed than RE2:re. Nemesis only really bothers you in one small section, the rest is just chases and boss fights. Lack of puzzles that encourages backtracking is a key factor in this, even if it was just for weapon upgrades or pouches rather than completing the next objective. It would have meant you could run to the next objective and largely avoid Nemmy if you wanted, or to get the better weapons etc you have to do more backtracking putting you in Nemmy's path more often. And while RE3 was more action-oriented than RE2 and this game follows suit, the survival horror aspect of RE2:re was one of the game's key strengths. The dodge/punch and amount of ammo you're given means a tight room with 3-4 zombies just never feels like an issue.

The bossfights themselves are a mixed bag. I enjoyed them on first playthrough, but between launcher ammo thrown everywhere and the mechanics of each fight, none of them match fighting Birken-1 in that tight maze, or Birkin-2 on that small platform.

I'm enjoying the game and might aim for platinuming in time (a bit more time on my hands these days oddly enough), but won't be in as much of a rush or desire to do so as RE2:re.
08-04-2020, 12:42   #412
T. Hanks^

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBurnley View Post
Are you switching up your weapon usage? Hand grenades are your friend here when they pile up
Thanks from:
08-04-2020, 20:47   #413
T. Hanks^

Completed it, loved it. Back in for more

Does the shop stuff carry into a hardcore play-through?
08-04-2020, 22:02   #414
madcabbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hanks^ View Post
Completed it, loved it. Back in for more

Does the shop stuff carry into a hardcore play-through?
Yes
Thanks from:
Advertisement
09-04-2020, 00:15   #415
T. Hanks^

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcabbage View Post
Yes
What's the best stuff to buy?

I've about 9000+ credits
09-04-2020, 00:31   #416
madcabbage

I did lock pick and bolt cutters to held aid my speed run. Saving for the launcher now.
Thanks from:
09-04-2020, 00:54   #417
Sephiroth_dude
One Winged Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyDave View Post
Nemesis is just scripted boss fights so not much pressure.

I seen someone else say that as well , nemesis in the original would show up in random places but he's scripted in this.
09-04-2020, 09:19   #418
Penn

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hanks^ View Post
What's the best stuff to buy?

I've about 9000+ credits
Kinda depends on what you plan on doing. If you're going for harder difficulties with only 9,000 points, I'd maybe suggest the crafting companion and a defense coin.
Thanks from:
09-04-2020, 17:28   #419
BeerWolf

Trying to get S rank for Inferno, with 1:42 and 5th save just before final boss.

Driving me up the wall due to how fast its attacks are!
09-04-2020, 17:29   #420
SMC92Ian

Send a message via Skype™ to SMC92Ian
Saving up for the Rocket Launcher here.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size