Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

12-12-2019, 19:19   #31
Weepsie

Thing is they don't need physical media when it suits. They're happy to receive dashcam footage when requested
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-12-2019, 19:31   #32
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Brundle View Post
While our force relies on people spending money on physical media to hand over digital recordings as evidence, West Midlands Police show how easily it can be done if there is the will to do so...
While I applaud the principle, I'm not sure that a vendor-owned platform is an appropriate place for allegations of a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weepsie View Post
Thing is they don't need physical media when it suits. They're happy to receive dashcam footage when requested

I've had mixed responses about what media to use, depending on the Garda involved. I sent one a link to a copy of the video on Google Drive, and she said downloaded it from there. I sent one a very short low-res copy by email, and he definitely got the email and replied. I've given some copies on CD or DVD. I've given some on USB, and one told me recently he'd have to download from USB to disk, 'but we're a bit short on disks around here'. I've had Gardai tell me they were using their own personal laptops to view footage or phones as they didn't have a work device.
26-12-2019, 02:24   #33
zell12

DCC pilot project will see cameras installed to detect drivers parked or driving in bus and cycle lanes
Quote:
to be introduced in the first half of 2020 will see selected routes installed with cameras which automatically capture a vehicle’s registration in order to issue a fine. If successful, it could be used as a model for Government to roll it out nationwide.
26-12-2019, 13:24   #34
Kaisr Sose

Quote:
And they will (when it suits them) say that dash cam is not evidence and look for a written statement to confirm what is on same cam footage. Modern policing 101!
27-12-2019, 10:19   #35
Macy0161

Not before time, but i'm already seeing bleating about it being a money making racket!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-12-2019, 10:48   #36
Pinch Flat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macy0161 View Post
Not before time, but i'm already seeing bleating about it being a money making racket!
Ssssh dont tell any motorists, but an easy way to avoid this money making racket is to avoid driving in the bus lane. Simple.
(2) thanks from:
27-12-2019, 10:57   #37
Macy0161

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinch Flat View Post
Ssssh dont tell any motorists, but an easy way to avoid this money making racket is to avoid driving in the bus lane. Simple.
Same as speeding, but it's just shooting fish in a barrel, Joe.
27-12-2019, 10:59   #38

In Westland row the biggest offenders are AGS at the centra.
Who do you call there??
(3) thanks from:
27-12-2019, 12:09   #39
saabsaab

Would you or your family have a relation or friend in the AGS or traffic wardens(9many families have) they could act for you on this?
Advertisement
02-01-2020, 15:41   #40
Lewotsil

Quote:
Happy even to request it........ attitude of Gardaí to parking in cycle lanes is disgraceful.
Thanks from:
02-01-2020, 17:50   #41
ED E

DCC already pay DSPS millions to enforce the road traffic and parking acts then they do diddly squat other than light meter enforcement.

This will be another massive expenditure for low results. Like the red light cameras they switched off.

Dublin City Council are f#ckin knobheads on cushy pensions.
02-01-2020, 20:51   #42
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Quick Vine View Post
In Westland row the biggest offenders are AGS at the centra.
Who do you call there??
You call IBikeDublin;

https://twitter.com/IBikeAlerts/stat...82977979240449
02-01-2020, 21:16   #43
markpb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED E View Post
DCC already pay DSPS millions to enforce the road traffic and parking acts then they do diddly squat other than light meter enforcement.
The contact for DSPS expired recently. The previous operator retained the contract but apparently the terms have changed significantly. Previously, they were obliged to spend most of their effort on paid-parting enforcement and most of that in the city centre. The new contract obliges them to enforce a broader range of parking offences across the entire DCC area. It will be interesting to see how it works out in reality.
02-01-2020, 21:18   #44
robinph

Send a message via ICQ to robinph Send a message via AIM to robinph Send a message via MSN to robinph Send a message via Yahoo to robinph Send a message via Skype™ to robinph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishbone Ash View Post
My daughter attends that school and Mrs WA is on the Management Committee. The issue of illegal parking is regularly discussed and all parents have been notified about it several times. There is only so much the school can do as it's not their property. The Gardai do occasional token enforcement when pressurised but as soon as they go, it's back to square one again.
If it's the school kids being dropped off then surely the school can identify the parents responsible and write to them with a threat of detention for the kids or some such. That will then result in the parents getting all worked up about it and self identifying as the ones parking illegally as they then phone up a radio show in disgust where you then have someone tell them what idiots they are and some road safety bod give them a stern talking to.

Meanwhile the kids get scared about getting detentions or docked marks or something and make sure the parents drop them off legally.

School would never even need to go through with the threat. Would be entertaining to see it happen in the media if nothing else.
02-01-2020, 21:50   #45
AndrewJRenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinph View Post
If it's the school kids being dropped off then surely the school can identify the parents responsible and write to them with a threat of detention for the kids or some such. That will then result in the parents getting all worked up about it and self identifying as the ones parking illegally as they then phone up a radio show in disgust where you then have someone tell them what idiots they are and some road safety bod give them a stern talking to.

Meanwhile the kids get scared about getting detentions or docked marks or something and make sure the parents drop them off legally.

School would never even need to go through with the threat. Would be entertaining to see it happen in the media if nothing else.
Entertaining indeed, but it would not be on to punish kids for the sins of their parents.
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion