Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other training with martial arts

• 08-08-2019 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

Does anyone here do any other training alongside your martial arts? I'm thinking specifically of weights or resistance training?

I cycle and I'm thinking of starting muay Thai and I'm wondering would I need to be doing weights/resistance too for muscle and joint strength etc

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

veganrun wrote: »
    Does anyone here do any other training alongside your martial arts? I'm thinking specifically of weights or resistance training?

I cycle and I'm thinking of starting muay Thai and I'm wondering would I need to be doing weights/resistance too for muscle and joint strength etc

Yes I lift weights 3-4 times a week. Found that I was a little bit too big tho, so i’m currently on a cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭freemenfitness

Yes I do a lot of weight lifting, bodyweight training and mobility work on top of the martial arts I train in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭uchimata83

I do weights, swimming and rowing 2/3 times a week. I try to find a balance between aerobic and anaerobic. I would like to try to get some yoga in too to help with flexibility.

From my own experience, anything you can do will help, whether you are cycling or lifting weights, but nothing can replicate the intensity of a good training session.

Advertisement