Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Doom Eternal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Have you ever tried to say "Ess-Jay-Double-U"?

Just mouthing the term makes you realise you're a plonker! :pac: (admittedly, I was a plonker for a while too)

"Blue hairs" is easier :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

"Blue hairs" is easier :D

I think I prefer "hipster journalists" or "beardies" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

The Hype is real

giphy.gif

But at what cost...

Unless they're keeping all their announcements for QuakeConDOOMCON next month, Quake / Quake Champions is dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Funny that at the end of both trailers Google Stadia wasnt on the list fo platforms

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Cool, so we might get to shoot Jesus with a BFG?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hope it goes full on shin megami tensei

482820.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

This is going to be amazing. Played through Doom 2016 a few times. Just brilliant fun.

• Advertisement

Great find. Seems well priced no? I would love one aswell for my "games room"... oh wait, I lost that dream to the kids years ago... "not bitter at all" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Google Stadia just had their Gamescon Stadia Connect event and all it did was convince me to cancel my pre-order.

Google Stadia just had their Gamescon Stadia Connect event and all it did was convince me to cancel my pre-order.

Not seen it, do explain!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,320 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

T. Hanks^ wrote: »
    Not seen it, do explain!!

They announced that they're getting Cyberpunk and that's about it. Everything else was either Orcs Must Die 3 or games that were already announced and they had zero details on anything else - launch date, pro-subscription library games, cross play/save.

Farming Simulator and that Darksiders Diablo rip-off were in there as some of their showcase games and I just don't see any reason to care about the whole thing at all anymore.

Moving to March 20th 2020

The Nintendo Switch version is also no longer releasing day and date with other platforms, and will instead arrive at some point later. Rounding out today’s announcements is the fact Invasion Mode, which allows you to invade the campaign of other players, will not be part of the package at launch.

Invasion will now be added to Doom Eternal in a free update coming post launch. To make up for this trio of bad news, id Software has announced that Doom 64 is now a free pre-order bonus on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Switch.
    https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1181569967562612736?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Something to look forward to in March at least. But disappointed that it'll be delayed. Still...as long as they get it right! And I have some faith after the first outing and the trailers so far.

Maybe they're adding a goose!

🤪

Shame its delayed, was really looking forward to it BUT I am sure they are doing it for good reason and in order to get the game right.

• Advertisement

Ffs nooo

When was it supposed to be out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It was very quiet the last few months but there is even less games this winter that jump out now

ERG89 wrote: »
    It was very quiet the last few months but there is even less games this winter that jump out now

Only thing left really is Luigis Mansion 3, maybe The Outer Worlds
    Maybe Respawns Jedi game
    I can't think of anything else to hype me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

More than enough games the last month to last me well past March. I'd say it's a good thing but March/April next year looks similarly insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Dang man.. The Outer Worlds is my only hope for a good AAA game this year now. Well, unless Death Stranding somehow isn't as awful as it looks.

Thank f*ck for Nintendo because 2019 has been dreadful on other consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,786 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Something to look forward to in March at least. But disappointed that it'll be delayed. Still...as long as they get it right! And I have some faith after the first outing and the trailers so far.

Maybe they're adding a goose!

Goose Eternal.
    And similar to Untitled Goose game competing with Zelda, Doom has to contend with Animal Crossing. But unlike the other 2, it won't be on the same platform.
    Isabelle is the real Doomslayer.

At first I thought it meant Doom 64 would be released in the meantime, but it releases the same day.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Goose Eternal.
    And similar to Untitled Goose game competing with Zelda, Doom has to contend with Animal Crossing. But unlike the other 2, it won't be on the same platform.
    Isabelle is the real Doomslayer.

At first I thought it meant Doom 64 would be released in the meantime, but it releases the same day.

TBH if you want to play Doom 64, just play Doom64 EX: https://doom64ex.wordpress.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait to get my hands on this loved the last one

Advertisement