Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-08-2019, 15:10   #31
Sonics2k

Got my name saved on Mirage Raceway too, as well as the RPPvP server.
Advertisement
15-08-2019, 22:54   #32
Dr Bob
Shh.. Not a Doctor.

3 Alliance names booked on Shazzarah for me..
17-08-2019, 21:35   #33
Kirby

I was on the minute they opened. Didn't get kirby.

I shall henceforth be known as Kirb I guess.
18-08-2019, 20:09   #34
TheFairy

Fair few TiG players are rolling Horde on Pyrewood Village. Or being from the north I've called it Palletwood Village.
19-08-2019, 08:15   #35
Kiith

I'll be an Alliance Paladin, with the same name as my original character from launch. Would feel weird to be anything else, even though i fully expect to stop levelling him at around lvl45 again (paladin's were ****e at that point).
Advertisement
19-08-2019, 12:42   #36
TheDoc

Reserved my names for this but not really sure how much effort or attention I'll give it. Classic was breathtaking and mindblowing at the time, but I find it dreadful in comparison to retail. And that's saying something, BFA has WoW at it's lowest ebb.

Classic was a great RPG game, but not what I've been doing or seeing wow as for so long now.

Going to play as plenty of my guild and friends are, but have a feeling once it hits the infamous 40 bracket people I play with will start dieing off, and imagine I will too
19-08-2019, 16:33   #37
n1ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoc View Post
Reserved my names for this but not really sure how much effort or attention I'll give it. Classic was breathtaking and mindblowing at the time, but I find it dreadful in comparison to retail. And that's saying something, BFA has WoW at it's lowest ebb.

Classic was a great RPG game, but not what I've been doing or seeing wow as for so long now.

Going to play as plenty of my guild and friends are, but have a feeling once it hits the infamous 40 bracket people I play with will start dieing off, and imagine I will too
What server you playing on DOC? I'm rolling on Pyrewood.
27-08-2019, 09:03   #38
Kiith

Watched a few streams and it's actually making me want to play again, even though i know i wouldn't stick with it for long.
28-08-2019, 17:14   #39
Wetasanotter

I'm on Nethergarde Keep with a few old friends. Feel free to shoot me a PM here, or in-game (Celt#2916)
Advertisement
28-08-2019, 18:59   #40
Xenji

Will not be able to play till the weekend, but how are people finding it?
29-08-2019, 20:34   #41
Lone Stone

i started back today, got on fine till now a 3k+ queue on that village server. It's great to see people around again who actually are on my server. And the thought of never having to look at a world quest again makes me want to play.
29-08-2019, 21:13   #42
Dcully

Anyone rolling alliance on normal pve server with a chilled guild?
I fancy going over to the other side this time round.
30-08-2019, 09:22   #43
Kiith

I'll be alliance, but not sure if i want to do PvE or PvP. Good memories of random PvP back in the day, though i suspect it will be worse now with 90% of the PvPers rolling Rogues.
30-08-2019, 13:09   #44
nix

I decided to give it a try with a friend, the leveling process is rough, even if you managed to find a mob that hasnt been killed by the dozens of people farming them also around you, you have to deal with terrible drop rates on the quest items, partying with a friend makes it even worse.

I wonder what they were doing all these years getting "Wow classic" ready, surely in the state it was in they just had to release the game in the final state it was in before TBC expansion, which they should have in their archives. I honestly thought it was taking this long because they were actually doing stuff

Outside of that i was enjoying the game more when i hit lvl 10 and was looking over the old talent trees, a lot of OP abilities in them i had forgotten about
30-08-2019, 13:28   #45
Sonics2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by nix View Post
I decided to give it a try with a friend, the leveling process is rough, even if you managed to find a mob that hasnt been killed by the dozens of people farming them also around you, you have to deal with terrible drop rates on the quest items, partying with a friend makes it even worse.

I wonder what they were doing all these years getting "Wow classic" ready, surely in the state it was in they just had to release the game in the final state it was in before TBC expansion, which they should have in their archives. I honestly thought it was taking this long because they were actually doing stuff

Outside of that i was enjoying the game more when i hit lvl 10 and was looking over the old talent trees, a lot of OP abilities in them i had forgotten about
A key difference between Classic/TBC is that you had to be aware while questing, plan your route and be aware of respawns, this isnt something to consider in retail. I made a fresh Monk on retail and was pulling 6+ mobs at once and bored. In Classic, especially as a Warrior I need to carefully pull mobs or run away.

Blizzard spoke about the process quite a lot, essentially the core right problem was while they had the original source code part of the problem was getting it to work on a modern infrastructure and server system. I don't know what 'stuff' you expect them to do, they're committed to making Classic a 'true experience' as close to the original as possible. They have loads of IAMAs done which talk about the challenges.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion