Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Very surprised they are focusing on another war between the Horde and Alliance. Makes little to no sense given everything that has happened in Legion, and the upcoming fight with the Void. Will be interesting to see where they go with it though.

Looks like Darnassus gets taken by the Horde, or possibly burned down. I'd assume Lordaeron falls to the Alliance, or gets destroyed as well in that case.

Also, some sub races/new races. Looks like Highmountain Tauren, Nightborne and Zulamani Trolls for Horde, and Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves and Lightforged Draenei for Alliance.

Also Classic servers are happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,236 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Never got the appeal of the classic servers.

Also. This seems like a very PVP centric expansion. If it is its right down the wrong alley for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Yea i loved the cinematic but im like another ****ing war really ? i mean beat the feckin legion together, so it's a bit like wtf. Love the new race options but i really want a new class if they want me to come back, been there done that so far.

Warfronts are coming, which are 20 player player sieges against NPC's. RTS style menu's as well, with resource collection and unit building. Sounds like it could be alot of fun. Or they could just be a massive zerg and be no fun at all.

Scenarios are back, and are called Islands. Procedurally generated 3 players instances.

They are finally fixing the levelling as well. Zones will have level ranges, and will level up with you. Delighted with this, as i really enjoy some of the quest zones, but never end up finishing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Kiith wrote: »

They are finally fixing the levelling as well. Zones will have level ranges, and will level up with you. Delighted with this, as i really enjoy some of the quest zones, but never end up finishing them.

Thats pretty sweet, so you can choose your own path to level? like quest in azeroth until like 80? skip TBC altogether?

EDIT: No they aint going legion scaling like, :( looks like it will still have level requirement restrictions for each expansion, bah :)

• Advertisement

yea its like some zones will scale from 60 to 80, and others will be 1-20 or what ever long enough to finish the story in the zone i guess, it's not to bad i suppose, at least it lets you skip places you never want to see again. The warfronts sound really interesting to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hyperion101

Outland and Icecrown will scale from 60 - 80 so you can choose to skip one of the expansions if you like. Cataclysm areas & Mist zones will scale 80 - 90 so you can do the same there. You'll be stuck with Warlords for 90 - 100 & Legion 100 - 110 though.

The pre-purchase is live now. Allied races and heritage armour available immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Was live*

Crashed the crap out of the Blizzard servers / forums. I was wondering why people were going nuts to get the pre-order in.

re wow overall, I ended up back in it AGAIN from about 2 weeks ago because a mate was playing. He was on a PVP server which I ain't played on since TBC so I decided to test out the new leveling system on it.
    Leveling so far has been good and no longer a complete borefest. The loom nerf means you can't just agro 25 mobs and aoe them down regardless of class. It's a nice change.
    I just hit 58 and am heading straight to Icecrown because FCUK going to Hellfire again (although BT is just as bad). More doing it for the zones I've not played in a long time such as Storm Peaks & Icecrown.
    I just jump in now and then when a bit bored but more doing it to try out the pvp this time for a change.

Noxin wrote: »
    Was live*

Crashed the crap out of the Blizzard servers / forums. I was wondering why people were going nuts to get the pre-order in.

re wow overall, I ended up back in it AGAIN from about 2 weeks ago because a mate was playing. He was on a PVP server which I ain't played on since TBC so I decided to test out the new leveling system on it.
    Leveling so far has been good and no longer a complete borefest. The loom nerf means you can't just agro 25 mobs and aoe them down regardless of class. It's a nice change.
    I just hit 58 and am heading straight to Icecrown because FCUK going to Hellfire again (although BT is just as bad). More doing it for the zones I've not played in a long time such as Storm Peaks & Icecrown.
    I just jump in now and then when a bit bored but more doing it to try out the pvp this time for a change.

Nice, I've done Hellfire so many times it gives me a migraine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Is there any indication of a release date?

Glebee wrote: »
    Is there any indication of a release date?

News outlets were reporting any time before September 30th....

So any time in the next 8 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Coming out August 14th.

Looks like we have a release date of 14th of August for BFA

So August 15th for us then, or will it be 14th for everyone? Nowhere near as much interest this time, but i'll almost certainly get it.

Kiith wrote: »
    So August 15th for us then, or will it be 14th for everyone? Nowhere near as much interest this time, but i'll almost certainly get it.

You know what, so am I....

I just don't have that level of "Holy hell" with this expansion, looks like they're getting so much wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Glebee

Gives me 4 months so to get Legion wrapped up. Should be loads of time.

Glebee wrote: »
    Gives me 4 months so to get Legion wrapped up. Should be loads of time.

Yep, gonna come back and try work on Curve before then.

Thought i would torture myself and resub + pre order and try unlock some the allied races working for the night fallen/tauren dudes. Might start a new on a different server when i unlock the nightfallen elf folks a fancy night fallen rogue perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Any word on if they are keeping the artifact weapons? or back to standard searching for upgrades?

I dont think ill be returning for this expansion either way, i logged back in with the free week promo last week. And i literally logged in, couldnt think of anything to do that would be fun/worthwhile and then logged back out and that was that..

Id like to play another MMO but no idea where to go :(

• Advertisement

nah they are gone with bfa thank god, they were a cool idea but bad in practice. I havent played since the initial launch of legion i did all the story stuff and then left i found artifact power a pain in the arse so i was glad to see that you get billions of artifact power from missions now i like unlocked everything after a few quests on my weapon. Unlocked the night fallen yesterday so now im just doing all the other story lines that they added since. Im hooked again... god dam it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bump!

Is anyone planning on playing this? I bought it all giddy when it was announced but am in a MMO lull at the moment altogether.

I think I'll play my Blood Elf Paladin so I can Tank, Heal and DPS as I see fit. I spent so much time leveling and gearing alts in Legion that I never really "completed" anything on a single character. Not repeating that in BFA (He says... optimistically)

I'll get it, but not as hooked as i would have been for previous expansions. Some of the changes are decent looking, and i really like the look of the Warlock changes. I'm also hoping the new war mode will bring back some proper world PvP. It's been missing for a long long time.

Ill probably need to get my PC upgraded before i get this, but a lot of the changes to Blood DK have put me off. I really loved my DK in Legion.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ill probably need to get my PC upgraded before i get this, but a lot of the changes to Blood DK have put me off. I really loved my DK in Legion.

This happened to me and Mistweaver Monk in Legion. I adored the spec in WoD. I leveled it specifically for my guild in order to raid and was progressing in the final raid of WoD on Mythic.

Then came the Legion changes and it completely killed the game and the subsequent desire to raid. I spent Legion playing on/off (mostly off) and leveled a lot of alts up without ever committing to the raids.

I'm toying between Priest and Paladin to go into BFA with - although I need to see whats in a better state healing wise when it gets closer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Anyone playing the beta?

Ive been messing about with different classes/builds to get an idea what to roll as a main.
    Since ive always rolled a healer as a main im probably gonna roll DPS for BFA.

Really enjoying the warrior in the beta both Fury and Arms are very enjoyable.
    Im torn between warrior and warlock so far, demonology warlock is insane fun so really tempted to roll one as a main.

Demon Hunter is also a lot of fun , sadly i enjoy vengeance more than the havoc dps spec but i doubt ill want to main a tank.

Haven't played the beta yet (installing it today though), but Warrior and Warlock look like the two most enjoyable classes at the moment. Fury and Demonology in particular look great. Still have my 110 boost from BFA, so might use that on a Horde Warlock.

It looks like this will be the first expansion that i don't level my Paladin first. He's been my main since launch, but i just don't enjoy the class that much anymore. Will give Ret a go on the PTR, but i suspect a change is coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I think I might go with Demonology Warlock as well and start from level 1, currently I have a level 110 Retribution Paladin and Windwalker Monk, plus a Fire Mage and a Marksmanship Hunter both at level 60 and a Frost Deathknight at level 87, I was alternating leveling these last year before I got burned out again.

5 minutes with a Demonology Warlock on the PTR has pretty much picked my new main for BFA. So much fun :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Personally kicked off an affliction NB lock last weekend. Endless fun.
    With the nerf to looms for leveling, it is that bit harder to level any class.
    No more pulling 20 mobs and burning them down... except for affliction locks that is. Drain soul seems to outheal just about anything.
    Really enjoying it so might use it as a main during BFA.

Advertisement