Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Of Us 2

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Plenty of animals use sonar or echolocation. Some are literally blind as bats!

Bats aren't blind. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Bats aren't blind. :P

Some have better eyesight than us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Echolocation is a way of seeing using sound waves instead of visible light waves. Some creature with echolocation can't see visible light but they sure as hell can see perfectly well using echolocation. Thats what echolocation is, being able to see using sound waves. Why use it otherwise unless making clicking noises to seem creepy is an evolutionary advantage.

Anyone ever get an ultrasound image? Same principle.

Don't get me started on all the other science snafus either.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Echolocation is a way of seeing using sound waves instead of visible light waves. Some creature with echolocation can't see visible light but they sure as hell can see perfectly well using echolocation. Thats what echolocation is, being able to see using sound waves. Why use it otherwise unless making clicking noises to seem creepy is an evolutionary advantage.

Don't get me started on all the other science snafus either.

In episode 2F09, when Itchy plays Scratchy's skeleton like a xylophone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

That's splitting a lot of hairs, seeing implies visible light. Is there even a term for natural navigation by means of reflected electromagnetic waves other than the word sight? I don't think anyone disputed clickers navigating by echolocation.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If they can navigate by echolocation though they can sure as hell see the protagonists if they are moving or not.

And if might be pedantic to some but I do this stuff as my job and used to teach it so it annoys me when I see people getting it so wrong. Don't even get me started on Sigourney weavers criminal treatment of a micropipette in Avatar!

From a game design point of view that clicking was pretty Damn creepy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭Evade

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If they can navigate by echolocation though they can sure as hell see the protagonists if they are moving or not.
    They could almost certainly echolocate the shape / obstacle but without any kind of intelligence not determine exactly what it is.
    Basically, I just treated them like the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Do you think they will add much to the game play or weapons?

or will it be solely based on story progression and having a bigger area to explore!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,382 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I think there will be upgrades. There usually is in between installments of games to keep things fresh.

What they'll be I have no idea. But if we are actually playing as ellie this time for most of the game I think you'll see a lot of changes based around that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I hope at one point Ellie sees a floating pallet and goes "**** that, I'm swimming."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

Not zombies
    Infected

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

too excited/drunk for this thread
    release#release
    release

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Not zombies
    Infected

Don't worry she was already told..

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/852985865189998592

Official poster released for outbreak day. Someone online pointed out the wolf and now it's all I see.

The-Last-of-Us-Outbreak-Day-2017-poster.jpg

Plot thickens...

Dammit, I really want to play TLOU again.

latest?cb=20130623025635

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Where's the wolf lads?

Where's the wolf lads?

22050382_1768110739879462_7488427158336489687_n.jpg?oh=38c10fe72b6f53d0bce816303abd1dd2&oe=5A417BBF

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Where's the wolf lads?

The wolf's Snout is the car on fire..

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Is this just viral marketing for the game or is there something else coming out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭kerplun k

I'm sooooo excited for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Buying one ticket for the hype train. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,216 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Is this just viral marketing for the game or is there something else coming out?

It was Outbreak Day (anniversary of date the infection started in the game). I think they always release something for it, whether it's artwork or other unreleased material.

The poster from 2016 gave a preview of Ellie's new tattoo before TLOU 2 was even announced so this could be holding secrets as well.

29884613155_ecb4bb881e_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

i will be breaking the no pre-order rule for this also..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brevity

PS4 Pro bundle for me I think. Loved the first game.

brevity wrote: »
    PS4 Pro bundle for me I think. Loved the first game.

Great idea, throw in a 4k telly as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brevity

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Great idea, throw in a 4k telly as well :D

And a Buddabag.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I bought my 4K Tv and PS Pro with being able to play TLOU 1 for my 1st time ever in mind :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

brevity wrote: »
    And a Buddabag.

Seriously considering one of these :pac:

Advertisement