Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Last Of Us 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I've love to be one of those dudes who looks into every detail for some sort of clues but I honestly don't have the attention span for it :pac: but anybody think that tattoo has a meaning? Besides the obvious.

Like black/white kinda like a ying yang symbol (good/bad), first game was about Love this one will be about Hate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    I've love to be one of those dudes who looks into every detail for some sort of clues but I honestly don't have the attention span for it :pac: but anybody think that tattoo has a meaning? Besides the obvious.

Like black/white kinda like a ying yang symbol (good/bad), first game was about Love this one will be about Hate.

I'd like to know where someone gets a perfect tattoo 25 years into a zombie apocalypse.

Also anyone cosplaying as Ellie will just look like a dirty person in normal clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I'd like to know where someone gets a perfect tattoo 25 years into a zombie apocalypse.

Civilization rebuilds. Look at the place where Joel's brother settled down, looks like a pretty normal town. Plus we know they have access to electricity, plus maybe a member of the town was an artist with all his gear?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Also anyone cosplaying as Ellie will just look like a dirty person in normal clothes.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Civilization rebuilds. Look at the place where Joel's brother settled down, looks like a pretty normal town. Plus we know they have access to electricity, plus maybe a member of the town was an artist with all his gear?

Yeah I get that, it just seems super low priority to have a tattoo artist :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I get that, it just seems super low priority to have a tattoo artist :pac:

I'm more surprised Ellie's arm is exposed considering that's where her bitemark is. Surely it'd raise a lot of questions with people that she was bitten and survived.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Penn wrote: »
    I'm more surprised Ellie's arm is exposed considering that's where her bitemark is. Surely it'd raise a lot of questions with people that she was bitten and survived.

Handy reason for her to get a tattoo to cover it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Handy reason for her to get a tattoo to cover it up.

She was bitten on her right arm
    It's so sad I know this without having to look it up

gimli2112 wrote: »

Eh, em… people would be so distracted by the tattoo on her left arm that they wouldn't look at her right arm?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

Eh, em… people would be so distracted by the tattoo on her left arm that they wouldn't look at her right arm?
    The tattoo is on the same arm as the bite. The butterfly part of the design might be on top of the bite to try cover it up.

• Advertisement

gimli2112 wrote: »

Just looked at the trailer again and the tattoo is on the right arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sorry yes it is on the right arm. I looked at the picture above and thought the tattoo was on her left arm.

Bitemark was on the underside of her arm
    9d73948d5116985991b6b26e874c39d09598437db813ee24cbc7f2dc852222ef_3.jpg

Yeah, maybe the way it twists around her arm could help cover up the bitemark. Then again, if she's immune, maybe after 5 years it's mostly healed.

The tattoo in the cosplayer guide picture above seems to cover that part of her arm.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

So, confirmed the tattoo is covering the bite, poster below released by ND back in September for Outbreak Day.

7RdaxfkD9LwBYhVV8phmzd-650-80.jpg

Also, I remembered the easter egg in Uncharted 4 showing a Darkhorse Comics cover for a TLOU Story. My prediction is Ellie got preggers and the baby was taken for experimentation as it was probably immune as well, and maybe killed like Ellie was supposed to be. Ellie goes on Mothers Wrath rampage, most likely a suicide mission with Joel asking if she is sure she wants to do it.

the-last-of-us-2.jpg

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    My prediction is Ellie got preggers and the baby was taken for experimentation as it was probably immune as well, and maybe killed like Ellie was supposed to be. Ellie goes on Mothers Wrath rampage, most likely a suicide mission with Joel asking if she is sure she wants to do it.
    There's a couple of problems with that. Ellie's gay so she 1) got raped, 2) changed her mind about being gay, or 3) decided to have a child at 19. The only non internet outrage mob option is three which seems very out of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

She may have adopted an orphan and considered it hers? Or maybe not even a baby but a child that she treated like a sister. Lots of possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Well she's pregnant in the comic cover in Uncharted 4. Obviously, this might not be her, canon, anything but sticking to the theory, looks like it could get fairly dark.

Kirby wrote: »
    She may have adopted an orphan and considered it hers? Or maybe not even a baby but a child that she treated like a sister. Lots of possibilities.

That wouldn't tie in to the theory of a child of Ellie's having the same immunity causing the Fireflies to kidnap/kill the child which kinda defeats the purpose of the theory. By that stage it'd be as well as Ellie having a girlfriend and them killing her while trying to recapture Ellie.

Just out of curiosity, if Ellie is immune why would she be wearing a gas mask?

• Advertisement

Possible disguise, it would be a fairly common sight. It worked well eniough for Yorrick in Y the Last Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

To protect the baby? No guarantee it would be immune

maximoose wrote: »
    But Ellie is already infected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,379 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

If she was walking around without a mask while everyone else needs one, it wouldn't take long for people to figure out she's immune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Evade wrote: »
    There's a couple of problems with that. Ellie's gay so she 1) got raped, 2) changed her mind about being gay, or 3) decided to have a child at 19. The only non internet outrage mob option is three which seems very out of character.

She kissed her friend aged 13 or whatever. Unless I'm forgetting something else, I wouldn't definitively assume she is gay.

She kissed her friend aged 13 or whatever. Unless I'm forgetting something else, I wouldn't definitively assume she is gay.
    I would agree except that as far as I know Druckmann said she was gay. But I can only find one, now defunct, website that has a direct quote.

gaygamer.net/2014/02/is-ellie-gay-naughty-dogs-neil-druckmann-weighs-in-on-the-last-of-us-left-behind/

Archive of above http://www.webcitation.org/6WVc8Vdom

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,778 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Evade wrote: »
    maximoose wrote: »
    But Ellie is already infected.

Genetics isn't that simple but then again the science in the original last of us was awful. Blind creatures using sonar is an oxymoron.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Blind creatures using sonar is an oxymoron.
    In what way?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Genetics isn't that simple but then again the science in the original last of us was awful. Blind creatures using sonar is an oxymoron.

Plenty of animals use sonar or echolocation. Some are literally blind as bats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Blind creatures using sonar is an oxymoron.

I give you Daniel Kish

Advertisement