Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-05-2015, 19:32   #1

FEAR: The Walking Dead

I cant hear a sound from the clips in this link but you might!

Anyway Im excited for the new Walking Dead Spinoff!!

Its centred around a couple so sounds like a kind of Moulder and Scully zombie killing duo - not too sure about that but what I do like to hear is that the series is starting at the beginning of the outbreak (I love the initial shock of the apocalypse rather than the doom and gloom and acceptance of it like we see in the current Walking Dead series).

It also says something about there being slight differences to the zombies.

I am looking forward to seeing different scenarios and settings and new places

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2015/05/...sation=2943830
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-05-2015, 13:12   #2

interesting

“The zombies in Fear the Walking Dead are not going to be as decayed, and they’re not going to be as monstrous, which is going to make the violence in the show and the different things that happen that much more startling.

“Because we’re going to be dealing with a much more human walker. So while there is going to be a tremendous amount of paranoia and psychological trauma, I think there’s not going to be any loss of zombie action or excitement in this show.

“We’ll be bringing in the best of both worlds.” Robert Kirkman

https://uk.beamly.com/tv-news/fear-w...ign=ftwd_19may
Thanks from:
24-08-2015, 20:13   #3
degrassinoel
Assume the position

just watched the first episode there, it's alright, very slow pace for the pilot but it's exactly how it should be imo

fairly decent acting, but not TWD, not yet anyway
25-08-2015, 09:27   #4
Fallschirmjager

well we liked it. they are playing on the 'normalcy bias' of people. so a family so locked up in its own issues doesnt really notice or as generally is the case want to notice that 'something' is wrong.

WARNING SPOILERS!!!!

i did like how the number of police sirens increased as the show went on and the missing kids fliers, missing down and outs, stumbling down and outs etc.

the pimple kid obviously picking up from the interweb the truth while the media was hiding it. it looks like the police are trying to contain it, yet some officers are obviously concerned as the leaked video releases is a way of trying to warn the population. there is concern but its a background noise at the moment but inching forward. they are obviously playing the 'boiled frog' scenario IMHO. also the flu has hit 5 states...nothing about a worldwide flu epidemic (wasnt that mentioned in TWD?), so the question remains is it currently just the US and by implication a terrorist/government/accidental run event. there also seems to be a flu shot, so not sure yet what that means.

regarding the school flu and less and less arriving, are the kids kept at home or have they turned with their families and are simply locked in their houses at home waiting to burst out by the tens of thousands when the levee finally breaks? i am guessing the latter...there will be an explosion of them as the 'flu' reaches a critical mass in the coming weeks. it will be everywhere 'all of a sudden'.

also i am guessing the scene with the pimple kid sort of sulking in the bus and the wave by whats her face, the teacher is a kind of tacit acknowledgement that 'all is not well', but she cant see it yet

also they treated the druggie guy who saw his girlfriend eating someone as a mental case. so the question arises is a lot of attacks hidden because the hospitals are treating people saying they saw attacks the same way.

also the hospital was clearly under pressure as seen by the doctors on the internal monitor and the dismissive way the nurse dealt with the parents and it looked like the guy could not get a response initially on his phone, so is the police system totally stretched?.

i suspect the death of the drug dealer is the tipping point in LA for the walkers appearing. i am guessing they have eaten all the easy prey, druggies, down and outs and are now about the turn on the general population.

the old guy dying is also a hint, i read on another website that LA has 1,500 normal deaths a day. so the walkers naturally increase by 1,500 every 24 hours from now on even before they feed or people die from the flu. thats also not counting the 5 states...

the other thing i liked was the police response to a car accident, 2 choppers, multiple police cars and bikes. so it does look like the police are barely coping and have no real knowledge as shown by the headshot comment by the girl viewing the video on her phone.

its done really well, there is the usual 'unease' that TWD has.

finally apparently the largest viewership in cable history for a pilot, 10.1 million.

i was surprised, the main actor is not a guy i rate highly and i groaned when i heard he got the FTWD spot but to be fair he is good in this at least so far.

so overall a thumbs up from my missus and me...gonna watch it again tonight to see what we missed!

Last edited by Fallschirmjager; 25-08-2015 at 15:25. Reason: some others thoughts
(2) thanks from:
28-08-2015, 21:59   #5
Tzar Chasm

When is this on sky?
Advertisement
31-08-2015, 10:59   #6
degrassinoel
Assume the position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar Chasm View Post
When is this on sky?
not sure, it should be on FX by now

Jesus, that second episode was deadly!
15-09-2015, 20:54   #7
Micky Dolenz

I don't like it. The mother character (blonde lady), I find her extremely annoying. At this point I couldn't care less if they all get eaten.
(2) thanks from:
18-09-2015, 12:50   #8
groovy123

Love it

Sorry to jump on the thread newbie here.

I love walking dead and cant get enough of fear the walking dead either would highly recommend to walking dead fans.

Its just same premise, zombies are there mainly to force characters into situations.
(2) thanks from:
03-10-2015, 09:05   #9
BigDuffman

http://tactical****.com/video-what-w...ie-apocalypse/
Advertisement
03-10-2015, 09:46   #10
degrassinoel
Assume the position

that link doesnt work, and i really really hope it's not a link to something illegal
05-10-2015, 15:46   #11
groovy123

cant get link to work please repost it
05-10-2015, 16:45   #12
degrassinoel
Assume the position

it's probably because the "****" in the link is a censored word - though, again i have to stress that it better not be a link to anything illegal
08-10-2015, 01:37   #13
Micky Dolenz

Link is to this vid.

13-10-2015, 13:12   #14
Fallschirmjager

i will watch season 2, but the acting is poor IMHO, never rated the guy who starred in the main role.

spoiler warning***

its good but nowhere near as good as it could have been. i think they made a mistake with 6 episodes, they need more IMHO...and ala season 6 episode 1...wheres the millions of zombies...surely all of LA should have headed to the well lit up compound once they finish dining on the residents....??

some nice hints in it, the military breaking down, the overworked soldiers, the solidier going AWOL etc...people not having a clue...hoping they kill off some of the main actors season 2 episode 1....
13-10-2015, 13:13   #15
john the one

Are these mini episodes? And where do y'all watch em?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion