Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel!

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Mr E wrote: »
    Anyone playing yet? Seems to be getting solid 7s and 8s (basically more of the same).

Thought it wasn't out until Friday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Mickeroo wrote: »

I'm sat looking at the confirm button on the download section on the dashboard (US account) I just loaded it up to see if it was there and it is now trying to resist as I have it pre-ordered and could do with trading in a few games .......... must resist :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,462 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

depends where you are :)
    mine got delivered this morning.

depends where you are :)
    mine got delivered this morning.

Lucky you !!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i might trade in a few ps3 games for it tomorrow, not sure to get it on ps3 or pc tho hmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This could have easily been DLC. Is this going to be fully priced at retail?
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Does a bear $h!t in the woods? :P
    The game is 10-12 hours long if you just blast through the story missions, has four new playable characters, a new fully voiced acted script, new gameplay mechanics and all new environments. How on earth could it have easily been DLC? :confused:

As an aside, it's not a full priced release, it's £30 on PC and console via Steam, Amazon and other retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

gizmo wrote: »
    The game is 10-12 hours long if you just blast through the story missions, has four new playable characters, a new fully voiced acted script, new gameplay mechanics and all new environments. How on earth could it have easily been DLC? :confused:

As an aside, it's not a full priced release, it's £30 on PC and console via Steam, Amazon and other retailers.

I agree it was not going to be a DLC.

Still and all, PC releases are generally so cheap and plummet in price so much quicker than console that I actually consider €30/£30 to be "full price" for PC

(that being said it's £30 on PS3 and X-Box too)

It's list as 59.99 US on PS3 and Xbox stores,

Any fan of the series would likey get 10 times that time from the game if it's as good as the others, hell I know the main reason I enjoy the games is not the story it's everything else. it's all about the lootz :pac:

calex71 wrote: »
    It's list as 59.99 US on PS3 and Xbox stores,

Any fan of the series would likey get 10 times that time from the game if it's as good as the others, hell I know the main reason I enjoy the games is not the story it's everything else. it's all about the lootz :pac:
    Weird, it's $59.99 from Gamestop US on all platforms but £32.97 on console and £22.97 on the PC from the UK site. Looks like our American brethren are getting the short end of the stick. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

49.99 on Steam

Claptraps random power moves make it worthwhile, altho when he Gunzerks everyone gunzerks is mental :D

• Advertisement

its 59.99 in game stop on the ps3 :rolleyes: pc it is then

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's a First Person Shooter, why on earth would you play it on anything else? :D

most of my friends pc's are to crap to play anything fun, so i tend to get some things to play with them ya know the filthy console peasant's !!! so anoying its not coming to ps4 tho ffs.

Always a problem alright, I've long been a believer in "buy whatever system most of your friends have for multiplayer fun!" but that goes out the door when it comes to things that require a mouse and a keyboard to play properly like an FPS or an RTS.

I'm still having a lot of fun playing Borderlands 2 tbh and see no need to get this game. It's in the "whenever they release the super mega all the DLC included edition and it's in a Steam Sale" category for me (probably next summer's sale I'd wager). I like the universe and the mechanics of the games and so I'm happy to get my hands on a third installment (Telltale's dip into the universe notwithstanding). Getting to play as ClapTrap will be an added bonus :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    (Telltale's dip into the universe notwithstanding).

Well you learn something new every day :o

dreamers75 wrote: »
    49.99 on Steam

Claptraps random power moves make it worthwhile, altho when he Gunzerks everyone gunzerks is mental :D

Ahhhhhh poo so thats what that was in the videos I saw of Nisha, I thought she could dual wield, it's in a lot of the videos, her with 2 pistols. So it was just a buff from that annoying robot???? :mad:

So it was just a buff from that annoying robot???? :mad:

Hey hey hey now, let's not say things we don't mean :mad:

Ahhhhhh poo so thats what that was in the videos I saw of Nisha, I thought she could dual wield, it's in a lot of the videos, her with 2 pistols. So it was just a buff from that annoying robot???? :mad:
    From what I've read, she has a dual wield of sorts via a skill tree option.

One for Each of Ya
    When using a Pistol, you get an exact copy of that gun in your off hand. While using Ironsights you shoot with your main hand only.

From what I've read, she has a dual wield of sorts via a skill tree option.

One for Each of Ya
    When using a Pistol, you get an exact copy of that gun in your off hand. While using Ironsights you shoot with your main hand only.

Ahhhhhhh that makes sense she had 2 maggies in all the ones I saw

Edit: One of my pals in the US on Xbox live already has some .88 pistols set aside for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Claptrap gunzerks with 2 guns the other players only have one but its infinite ammo whilst it goes on.

The disco move is brilliant but should have been dubstep :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

So it was just a buff from that annoying robot???? :mad:
    Cormac... wrote: »
    Hey hey hey now, let's not say things we don't mean :mad:

Clap Trap is the most annoying character in anything, ever. He is more annoying than Jar Jar Binks, Slippy Toad and people who play Priest in Heartstone. Put Together!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,074 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Amazon have dispatched mine, should have it in about 2 weeks :pac:

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Clap Trap is the most annoying character in anything, ever. He is more annoying than Jar Jar Binks, Slippy Toad and people who play Priest in Heartstone. Put Together!

WELL SO'S YOUR FACE! :p

Amazon have dispatched mine, should have it in about 2 weeks :pac:

Ah it's been rare I've got anything from them that hasn't arrived by the tuesday or wednesday the following week , I'll save you some loot. Miss Calex is already playing and is busy naming and assembling her team of suitably named mules (all claptraps I'm told because "thats all the little S$%T is good for" ) for her and my lootz on the spare profile..... I'll be allowed to play "Sometime tonight" I'm told :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

What's the logic behind Australia and Europe having to wait a few extra days for the release of this, does anyone know?

Brick-and-mortar stores, perhaps? Why would this affect digital distribution?

Yeah, I'm bitter.

What's the logic behind Australia and Europe having to wait a few extra days for the release of this, does anyone know?

Brick-and-mortar stores, perhaps? Why would this affect digital distribution?

Yeah, I'm bitter.

No reason other than traditional releases being on friday here and tuesday in the US , forget the reason behind those days , likley a throwback to music release and something to do with the charts :confused:

Eurogamer did a feature on this a few years ago.

Why are we stuck with games being released on a Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

Eurogamer did a feature on this a few years ago.

Why are we stuck with games being released on a Friday?

That was a great read, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭unjedilike

Took me forever to find the golden key loot chest. All that time spent entering shift codes and then just getting to Concordia only to spend an hour looking for it. I really wanted to spend some keys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,137 ✭✭✭✭Penn

unjedilike wrote: »
    Took me forever to find the golden key loot chest. All that time spent entering shift codes and then just getting to Concordia only to spend an hour looking for it. I really wanted to spend some keys.

Has there been any info on if you can redeem the shift codes online or through an app or anything? Hated getting key codes while at work during Borderlands 2 and not being able to redeem them.

Advertisement