Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New York Jets Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 tommyhans

Thanks a million!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Mr. Tezza

Anyone see the game against the colts? missed the match is there anywhere I can watch a review/highlights of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,082 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I saw it. We bashed them up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Lads,

Will be there on Sunday week and plan on going to the Phins game.
    Will i just pay $130 odd now for nose bleeds or shall i wait?

Lads,

Will be there on Sunday week and plan on going to the Phins game.
    Will i just pay $130 odd now for nose bleeds or shall i wait?

Buy now imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Hayden smith te ex Saracens rugby player signed to 53 man roster active today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

Ok theres no point in ignoring it but what a shocker, just wrote this for my fantasy league. Here are my 2c to to NE supporter

Still think that we can pick up 4 out of the last 6 in wins, at the start of the season I was counting these last 6 as 6 wins but the season has conspired against us, it all cant be just put down to loosing Revis though. This has been coming over the last 2 drafts and off seasons and also on the sideline. Tannenbaum and Rex have completely managed to ignore the white elephant that is the Jets O Line, I was saying it in this off season that we needed to pick up O Line men in the FA, Waivers and Draft but it was all but ignored.

Hill has been a bust thus far, lost us the 1st game against NE with shocking drops.
    The Tebow move has unsurprisingly been not great either. I have seen the jets waste close to 8 timeouts called either to get Tim into the game, to get him out or for him or Sanchez to get the play call correct directly after one of them has been subbed in or out.

I have seen Rex pass up short 4th downs in close games preferring to put the D back in to do the job of holding the opposition which shows his lack of confidence in the O

I can see Tanny getting the bullet (too many bad moves), I can see Sprano getting the chop too.(victim of situation and shottys legacy)

I can see them sticking with Rex though; Only thing if these last few games don't go our way we will have a good low pick. My ideal situation would be for the Jets to trade down often and for a lot of picks down to the mid 20's for our 1st pick. We should be able to get at least 5 picks or so for that.
    However I can see Rex being startled in the headlights and if he gets a shot at Manti T'eo he loves his defense and would not pass him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FishHook

What do you all make of Sanchez being named the starter, against Jacksonville?

I think Rex should have gone with McElroy.

FishHook wrote: »
    What do you all make of Sanchez being named the starter, against Jacksonville?

I think Rex should have gone with McElroy.

Barring a change in management, Sanchez will be the starter next season. He's a superior option to McElroy and Tebow (which doesn't say much obviously). There is nothing in Free Agency or the draft that is substantially better either, and the finances of the situation mean that March 2014 is a more realistic release point from him.

To be honest, the last few weeks have demonstrated that we would have been in the running for 9 or 10 wins and a playoff berth if it wasn't for the key injuries. Disappointing but there you go.

I'd give Rex and the front office another season personally.

I think the Sanchez era ended last night. I hope they go with McElroy for the rest of the season. I don't rate Tebow, and think trading for him last season was a bad move.

• Advertisement

McElroy sucks, never going to get it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

While it's unlikely he might. I certainly don't think he'll be as bad as Sanchez.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

McElroy to start next game; Sanchez benched. The circus continues in New York.

Why on earth Tebow was traded for if McElroy gets the start is simply beyond me. That trade makes sense less and less with each passing week.
    LuckyLloyd wrote:

The whole of the Jets QB roster largely sucks to be fair. Tebow gets a slight exception because he's hardly played this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

McElroy to start next game; Sanchez benched. The circus continues in New York.

Why on earth Tebow was traded for if McElroy gets the start is simply beyond me. That trade makes sense less and less with each passing week.

The whole of the Jets QB roster largely sucks to be fair. Tebow gets a slight exception because he's hardly played this season.

McElroy looked pretty sharp against the Cardinals. As Tebow gets less and less of a look in, it's become patently obvious that Ryan in no way wanted him on the roster.

I'm not sure Tebow will ever get another starting job in the NFL. Looks like Peyton Manning's neck injury ended someone's career after all.

davyjose wrote: »
    it's become patently obvious that Ryan in no way wanted him on the roster.

Woody Johnson and Tannebaum's fault. Yup, Ryan would have used him by now if he really wanted him.

He can't be any worse than Sanchez at this stage. Let's see what he can do over the next two games, and the decide if he is worth a roster spot for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,402 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Why, when you have a poorly performing QB suddenly make not one but two great 1st Down throws in succession, do you then pull him off the field and put in the backup to f**k up the drive? Surely they can let Sanchez build a little momentum when he's going well?

I'm not enough of a student of the game to understand this, but to me that looks like simply horrible play calling & decision making from the offensive coordinator and/or head coach. Sanchez is not great, but given a decent O-line and good calls from the coaches I think he has good potential.

Trojan wrote: »
    Why, when you have a poorly performing QB suddenly make not one but two great 1st Down throws in succession, do you then pull him off the field and put in the backup to f**k up the drive? Surely they can let Sanchez build a little momentum when he's going well?

I'm not enough of a student of the game to understand this, but to me that looks like simply horrible play calling & decision making from the offensive coordinator and/or head coach. Sanchez is not great, but given a decent O-line and good calls from the coaches I think he has good potential.

Management probably feel they have to use Tebow at some stage, having traded for him, but I agree with you 100%, all it does is undermine Sanchez. The sooner Tebow is gone the better, IMO.

I think Sanchez may still have potential, but not with the Jets.

Sanchez cannot be cut given his contract. The first opportunity to do that will present itself in March 2014 realistically.

McElroy will not win games in the NFL.

Tebow will not win games consistently in the NFL.

If Sanchez is cut at the next opportunity he'll probably never be QB1 again in this league.

This is a laughable QB Draft class with huge regressions from the likes of Barkley and Landry in their senior seasons.

Flynn / Cousins gonna command a hefty price in a trade, and the probability is that they are not average / above average NFL starting QBs.

This team has a shot when it gets key players back from injury

SO

I'd go with Sanchez for one more season, kicking Tebow to the curb over the summer. Got to ride this one out to its conclusion imo as, bizarrely, he is the only QB option realistically available for next season who has won a decent amount of games in the NFL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭TaosHum

Trojan wrote: »

Its Tony Sparano play-calling. Whatever about Sanchez being cut loose, Sparano has to be got rid of ASAP.

As a Fins fan, I personally hope both remain :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 DBBacker

Tebow to be cut in off season and Jets exploring trading Sanchez

Vick to New York is a possibility. That would create another media frenzy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

Vick to New York is a possibility. That would create another media frenzy.
    I think the jets should try and trade for Alex Smith, draft a QB (maybe Barkley) and ease the new QB in over the next few years!

Put Revis back in that defence and they're playoff contenders again with a QB who doesn't turn the ball over multiple times every game!

lol at the idea of drafting Barkley.

This year's Draft class QBs suck. Sanchez is irritating, but it's a uniquely bad time to try and acquire a new starting QB.

Not keen on drafting another USC QB? That's why I said go for Smith an draft a QB! If the Jets draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round and it doesn't work out then its not the end of the world!

taidghbaby wrote: »
    Not keen on drafting another USC QB? That's why I said go for Smith an draft a QB! If the Jets draft a QB in the 3rd/4th round and it doesn't work out then its not the end of the world!

Smith? A 3rd / 4th round QB?

Yeah, nobody is putting a decent argument forward for trying to replace Sanchez. You ride it out, cut him in March 2014 when cutting him doesn't carry a huge cap hit and attempt to sort the QB situation then.

Making a move this spring / summer will be a band aid at best.

Yeah that's a fair enough point! No way yas can cut Sanchez, trade for Smith an get a QB in the draft! That would be paying 3 QB's plus whatever would be on Tebow and McEllroy!

I wouldn't like the idea of Vick for the Jets either though as is being mooted in the press!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭In Exile

I've done up a spreadsheet regarding Sanchez and his lack of productivity.

It is a three part spreadsheet so I'll summarize Sanchez and if anyone wants to compare him to the rest of the league just let me know and I'll PM it along.

The first page deals with the amount of pressure he comes under on dropbacks.

On 460 dropbacks this year, he has come under pressure 132 times. Being sacked 32 times.
    Of the other 100, he has attempted 95 passes, completing only 39 of these, throwing the ball away 4 times.

So, he comes under pressure 28.7% of dropbacks(ranked 20/27 of QB's-only 7 QB's have less pressure than him). Of those dropbacks he gets sacked 24.2% of the time(3rd highest rate). He has a completion rate of 41.1% with an accuracy of 51.2%(ranked last)

Next, we look at whether the WR's were dropping more balls than they should have been.

Simple answer is no they didn't. Jets WR's have dropped 30 passes this season for Sanchez. Average is 30.96 passes dropped.

Taking it a little further and of his 460 drop backs, he attempted to pass the ball a total of 418 times. Completing 229 passes, total yards 2683(2nd last ahead of Vick), for 6.42 Yards/Attempt(2nd last ahead of Ponder).

He has an NFL QB Rating of 67.9(last) and a PFF(Pro Football Focus) QB Rating of 75.3(last). Sanchez has completed a total of 54.8% of passes from drop backs. This is tied 2nd lowest with Freeman and ahead of Luck in last. However, both Freeman and Luck have a much better TD:INT ratio, 26:16 & 21:18 respectively compared to Sanchez' 13:17

The last stat of interest here is the Yards lost due to dropped passes. Sanchez lost on average 5.97 yards per dropped pass(2nd worst with M Ryan last with 5.79).

Finally, how bad must the O-Line be in pass blocking efficiency?

Not bad at all. Ranked 11th in efficiency for protecting the QB on pass plays.

Now, I know stats can be used to prove or disprove anything. Plus it also doesn't take into account the ability of the WR's that Sanchez is throwing to, but overall it paints a very bad picture of the QB.

Now, it doesn't have all QB's listed. They had to play a minimum number of games before I was able to put together those stats, therefore the likes of Arizona, San Fran, Nick Foles are not listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dynamo Roller1

Sanchez cannot be cut given his contract. The first opportunity to do that will present itself in March 2014 realistically.

McElroy will not win games in the NFL.

Tebow will not win games consistently in the NFL.

If Sanchez is cut at the next opportunity he'll probably never be QB1 again in this league.

This is a laughable QB Draft class with huge regressions from the likes of Barkley and Landry in their senior seasons.

Flynn / Cousins gonna command a hefty price in a trade, and the probability is that they are not average / above average NFL starting QBs.

This team has a shot when it gets key players back from injury

SO

I'd go with Sanchez for one more season, kicking Tebow to the curb over the summer. Got to ride this one out to its conclusion imo as, bizarrely, he is the only QB option realistically available for next season who has won a decent amount of games in the NFL.

Sanchez would make it as no.1 anywhere except NY because the Jets are a Circus at management and ownership and always will be till that changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Dynamo Roller1

From a team that PROMISED a Superbowl and is now considering dropping their starting QB, signed holy Joe Tebow and now is hunting for Vick. Man i feel sorry for Jets fans. I bet they blow they're load on some troubled bust in the first round of the draft too.

Advertisement