Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

fetac level 6 childcare thread ......

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 wildpurple

eveey wrote: »
    Hi Im starting the level 6 with cmit. I am dreading it :) be great to have others who are doing it at same time. and maybe could guide eachother.

Hi ya yes that one thing that's tough about online is students ain't to hand to ask questions .....I've only 3 modules left but doing well loving every min of it and classes and tutors are very good good support from tutors too....you starting April or March module?
    I'm just finishing my work experience module..for March....

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SummerChild

Hi Im starting the level 6 with cmit. I am dreading it :) be great to have others who are doing it at same time. and maybe could guide eachother.

Hi I'm starting Level 6 with CMIT within the next fortnight! I totally agree-bit daunting facing into it alone to be honest!

Hi I'm starting Level 6 with CMIT within the next fortnight! I totally agree-bit daunting facing into it alone to be honest!

You be fine i would definitely reccommend CMIT for course ..first time I've done on line...once you get the hang of site...I would advise ....I printed out whole manual and brief and sat with both in front of me for the Thursday night class ...write all over it notes everywhere ...I found this the easiest way ...lot of paper but for me defo with it ....I struggled with first module as I sat with blank sheet paper to take notes didn't work for me x...very little research needed..the manual will guide you ..it set up very well ...
    Good luck ..

wildpurple wrote: »
    You be fine i would definitely reccommend CMIT for course ..first time I've done on line...once you get the hang of site...I would advise ....I printed out whole manual and brief and sat with both in front of me for the Thursday night class ...write all over it notes everywhere ...I found this the easiest way ...lot of paper but for me defo with it ....I struggled with first module as I sat with blank sheet paper to take notes didn't work for me x...very little research needed..the manual will guide you ..it set up very well ...
    Good luck ..

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure they'll be handy once the panic sets in:) I've been wavering between them, Chevron amd Portobello so good to have someone who is doing the course with one of them! Had you done the Level 5 before or did you straight into the 6? Also did you need to buy any books for it? Sorry for the 50 questions!

Thanks for the tips, I'm sure they'll be handy once the panic sets in:) I've been wavering between them, Chevron amd Portobello so good to have someone who is doing the course with one of them! Had you done the Level 5 before or did you straight into the 6? Also did you need to buy any books for it? Sorry for the 50 questions!
    No probs ask away ....I had other courses behind me so nver done level 5 ..went straight to level 6...no books to buy...but as i said print and a few things need to be sxaned in and sent on one module ...I'm bit older lots life experience behind me ...a lot is common sense on course...and answers are putting your own experience to the questions..and if your working in setting or get work experience sorted ...a lot of your answers are in class .. .one exam to study for child development ..all answers in manual ..I hate sit written exams ...it was fine ..they nearly tell u questions ..well before exam it's not hard promise I would tell u if it was... its more the little words in our own head that makes it harder....
    Any more questions please ask
    I have 5 modules done ..last one in june...and have applied to do level 7 ...starting sep
    Madness but i enjoy it ....
    It's like my hobby
    Have your space set up ...go in close door ..a bit of time is needed to do the assigments obviously....
    Good time management....

• Advertisement

wildpurple wrote: »
    No probs ask away ....I had other courses behind me so nver done level 5 ..went straight to level 6...no books to buy...but as i said print and a few things need to be sxaned in and sent on one module ...I'm bit older lots life experience behind me ...a lot is common sense on course...and answers are putting your own experience to the questions..and if your working in setting or get work experience sorted ...a lot of your answers are in class .. .one exam to study for child development ..all answers in manual ..I hate sit written exams ...it was fine ..they nearly tell u questions ..well before exam it's not hard promise I would tell u if it was... its more the little words in our own head that makes it harder....
    Any more questions please ask
    I have 5 modules done ..last one in june...and have applied to do level 7 ...starting sep
    Madness but i enjoy it ....
    It's like my hobby
    Have your space set up ...go in close door ..a bit of time is needed to do the assigments obviously....
    Good time management....

Thanks a million!! Ok that all sounds great actually. I'm working as a nanny and have work experience sorted so that's good! Has it taken you the 10months to do the 8 modules? Where is the exam held?

Thanks a million!! Ok that all sounds great actually. I'm working as a nanny and have work experience sorted so that's good! Has it taken you the 10months to do the 8 modules? Where is the exam held?

A Hotel near airport ...it's on a sat morning ...yes experience of being a nanny helps too take mental notes and Google Aistear....print aims I haven't done much oneeded them yet but trying to get to grips with them as they relate to the whole ECCE....
    Ivery got job already starting in sept..5 morning room leader plenty of jobs ...I was applying to get interview practice 3 interviews ..got 2 jobs ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 eveey

Hi all thanks so much for replying to me. I have only seen them now. hard to find past posts again and i dont get notified of replies?
    I actually signed up for chevron to do the level 6 now. and on social legal health module. its tough. trying to figure out how to layout the action plan in case study. not sure if have to date every single action or just put the month beside them. if anyone has done it could you give me few pointers on how to lay it out? thanks so much. I felt like packing it in other day. found so hard. but i wont get refund even if did :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shauna17

Hi all thanks so much for replying to me. I have only seen them now. hard to find past posts again and i dont get notified of replies?
    I actually signed up for chevron to do the level 6 now. and on social legal health module. its tough. trying to figure out how to layout the action plan in case study. not sure if have to date every single action or just put the month beside them. if anyone has done it could you give me few pointers on how to lay it out? thanks so much. I felt like packing it in other day. found so hard. but i wont get refund even if did :)

hey I done social health and legal which case study did u get?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 loupsy

Hi has anyone here completed the Chevron child development module exam tks if so any tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Alpaca

loupsy wrote: »
    Hi has anyone here completed the Chevron child development module exam tks if so any tips

Hi,
    I remember doing this exam over 5 years ago. I was nervous going into it but it was very straight forward and lengthy questions were not asked. Just remember the theorists and each stage of development e.g. Piaget’s stages of development/learning. It asked us to mention/ list them and not really go into too much detail etc. sorry I can’t be of too much help but I do remember it was fine. Unless they’ve changed the do format. Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 loupsy

Thanks a mil x
    Alpaca wrote: »
    Hi,
    I remember doing this exam over 5 years ago. I was nervous going into it but it was very straight forward and lengthy questions were not asked. Just remember the theorists and each stage of development e.g. Piaget’s stages of development/learning. It asked us to mention/ list them and not really go into too much detail etc. sorry I can’t be of too much help but I do remember it was fine. Unless they’ve changed the do format. Best of luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LemmyKilmister

Considering the QQI level 6 ecce award.

Is there anyone out there who is doing it?

Probably will go online with CMIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rose118

Hi, hope you are well, i was going to sign up for the course as well, is there anywhere i can contact you? I would really appreciate if you could help me out, sorry i know this is strange but i am working in montessori for the last 6 years with level 5, now i feel like i need to do level 6, Thanks a million :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nola123

Hi there,

I am planning to do level 6 next month. I am wondering if anyone knows if all colleges will do the exactly the same program (assignments and questions for each module) of the new childcare level 6, or will each college be more likely to have their own slightly different programs?

I have already completed my level 5 with Chevron recently and I would just like to see if there are any other options out there for my level 6.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I tried level 5 with chevron and found it very intense with all the videos and training they wanted me to attend. I never completed it. A this march I signed up to level 6 with cmit and completed it last week. I found cmit to be great and easy to learn with. I got on the ECCE course just in time as it is being retired in October. There is a new ELC level 6 now but it is nearly 300 euro more. I will be signing up to cmit again for the SNA module soon.

Advertisement