Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-04-2020, 12:13   #211
GarIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorro2566 View Post
Ok, I’m married with wife working and two children with my own car!

How much if any tax credits your wife has left over could have an impact, or the other way around, if you have any tax credits left your wife could use them, or if you were unemployed and your wife was using your tax credits and higher rate extension she may earn less.

You car will have 0 affect, you would pay less tax if you were buying annual taxsaver bus tickets or bought a bike through work.

Your kids might have an impact, especially if you are paying college fees or medical expenses for them.

Put your details into a tax calculator for 2020, your employer pension contribtion is 0% your contribution is 3%.

Just note too, some office don't have parking, some have limited parking and it can be awarded based on seniority, a waiting list, a raffle, applying weekly for a permit, or probably some other ways, some have ample parking but that's rare.
Advertisement
06-04-2020, 18:10   #212
GarIT

https://download.pwc.com/ie/budget-2...alculator.html

This seems to cover the majority of tax credits. Do not enter a pension contribution, instead put 723 in the anual pension contribution box if it is your first year. The salary is 24104. If people could post their results without disclosing their details if they don't want to we could work out a range.

So far I've checked take home for a single person with no children or other tax credits is €397, a single person with one child and no other tax credits is €423. I don't think it will get higher than that as they are paying no income tax, just USC and PRSI.
06-04-2020, 23:18   #213
minnow

If selected for CO position, is it possible to take it on a job sharing basis? If not straight away, how long before you can request job sharing?
07-04-2020, 00:01   #214
Forthebuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
If selected for CO position, is it possible to take it on a job sharing basis? If not straight away, how long before you can request job sharing?
You can request after one year
07-04-2020, 00:06   #215
yenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnow View Post
I wouldn't bank on it. I know some offices allow it after a year or so, in other offices you could be waiting years.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
07-04-2020, 07:33   #216
Green farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenom View Post
I wouldn't bank on it. I know some offices allow it after a year or so, in other offices you could be waiting years.
All offices do flexitime ?
07-04-2020, 07:58   #217
Gaffer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green farmer View Post
Not all but the vast majority
(2) thanks from:
07-04-2020, 13:06   #218
Kenbug19

Does anyone know when the results from the questionnaire will be out? 😊
07-04-2020, 13:12   #219
Gumbi

It was mentioned earlier I believe that emails would be sent out mid April.
Advertisement
07-04-2020, 13:43   #220
tringle

Quote:

No
07-04-2020, 16:33   #221
Larryduff2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbi View Post
It was mentioned earlier I believe that emails would be sent out mid April.
I'd reckon if there not out by this Friday it probably be the Friday after. Since there's bank Holidays and holy days I'd reckon results will be either before or just after Easter.
(3) thanks from:
07-04-2020, 21:06   #222
yenom

Quote:
If you end up on a public counter then you don't have much flexibility. If you have to be on a welfare counter for nine, well you couldn't be coming in at ten.
07-04-2020, 23:29   #223
Nekarsulm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenom View Post
If you end up on a public counter then you don't have much flexibility. If you have to be on a welfare counter for nine, well you couldn't be coming in at ten.
I don't think there is flexi-time if you get a Garda station.
Even some sections of Agri have flexi, and some do not, even thought they are in the same building.
The people without flexi have more annual leave though.
Thanks from:
08-04-2020, 10:19   #224
tinofapples

Send a message via MSN to tinofapples Send a message via Yahoo to tinofapples Send a message via Skype™ to tinofapples
I'm wondering for those people placed in places without flexitime what is the number of hours in the working day ?

I'm aware in flexitime situations the working day is 7hrs and 24mins, is it the same ?
08-04-2020, 10:50   #225
Green farmer

If your successful, whats the story with job offers. Example, I've 5 plus years in a accounts department, but no customer service experience per the questions we filled out. Do they try and match your skill set to what jobs they need filled, or is it simply your no. Whatever on the panel, your taking next job regardless of your skillset ?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion