Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vegan Pizzas

• 05-04-2020 9:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭

Hi. I tried the Chicago Town Sticky BBQ Jackfruit Pizza yesterday. It was delicious. I got it in Tesco. It's also in Aldi - perhaps a few other places also. Highly recommended! 🍕

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

How much are they paying ye?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭Worztron

Perhaps my favorite vegan pizza so far has been the One Planet Pizza range (the Hawaiian being my #1). They don't seem to be in many outlets though which is a real shame. I know the Quay Coop have them at least.

https://www.oneplanetpizza.com/where-to-buy/

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭65535

It's OK - I find the Jackfruit a bit sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

It's really easy it make pizza. All that dough kneading is nonsense to be honest. Just put in hotpress after you mix flour, yeast, pinch of salt, water.

I find bought pizza tastes chemically after a few years making my own. Not tried the one op suggested though.

I also love the Bio Inside vegan pizza range.

• Advertisement

Goodfella's also have delicious vegan pizzas.

The ones that I know of are:
    1. Spicy Vegetable Salsa
    2. Falafel
    3. Meatless Mediterranean
    https://www.goodfellaspizzas.com/our-range/pizzas/vegan

Wife didn't like any of them.

Makes her own using a pizza base, tomato sauce and the Tesco own brand cheeses (free from) takes about 10 minutes to prepare and same cooking time as the ones from good fellas.

She was really disappointed when tesco cancelled their free from blue cheese but apparently not popular enough to continue making it.

I wish the bigger stores stocked more of a variety of vegan pizzas.

Advertisement