Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Online shop open during lockdown

• 04-04-2020 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all
    Murphy law, I finally got my youngest cycling her bike 2 days ago. Today took out het bike and there is a flat, tried fixing it but the tube is gone and needs replacing.
    So now she is mad to get out on it while we are in lockdown but no shops open to pick up a new tube.
    Does anyone know best place I might get a tube online for a kids bike? Looking for somewhere that will deliver in these times rather than somewhere that I could be left waiting.

Hope there is somewhere and appreciate anyone who might have any info.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I suggest you contact your local bike shop. Although they are closed, most are still operating behind closed doors. IMO this is an emergency situation and I’m sure you local bike shop will be more than happy to help.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I've had some stuff from CRC and Wiggle in the last week.

At least One of My LBS is still open too and the spokesman and thinkbike are doing stuff by appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

What size tube do you need ?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭rcklap

Hollingsworth Cycles may sort you out, need to phone them first

• Registered Users Posts: 15,820 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Ta guys
    14x2.125 inner tube schrader valve
    CRC don’t seem to have one, might try wiggle now, but based on your tips I will wait till Monday and ring around LBS. anyone know names of ones in Blanch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

If CRC doesn't have it Wiggle won't have it either. Same company.

CRC have a 14 X 1.9, presta valve type.
    You just might get away with that.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    CRC have a 14 X 1.9, presta valve type.
    You just might get away with that.

Saw that. Might give it a go if I can’t get the correct one.
    How quick are they usually for delivery

If you order Monday, you probably won't have it until Thursday. They've stopped using An Post. They deliver now with DPD, sometimes a bit hit-and-miss

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

I think I've a spare patch kit, if I can find it I'll post it on to you, if you like

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭webpal

Tesco sell tubes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

webpal wrote: »
    Tesco sell tubes

Some of the bigger ones do, all right, and even if they don't have the right size, they definitely sell patch kits

cletus wrote: »
    I think I've a spare patch kit, if I can find it I'll post it on to you, if you like

Cheers.
    I have tried patching. Won’t work, it’s not just a small hole:(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,163 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you don't get sorted get onto @dublincycling on Twitter, chances are there's someone local with a spare. Especially at present people are eager to help any way they can.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Seve OB wrote: »
    I will wait till Monday and ring around LBS. anyone know names of ones in Blanch?
    cyclezone on main street. they seem like decent lads in there.

cyclezone on main street. they seem like decent lads in there.

Sorted. Thanks all.

Advertisement