Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arts programme in the 90's Sunday Afternoons

• 24-01-2020 9:51am

Does anyone remember the name of the programme that used to be on every Sunday afternoon on Network 2 ( I think) in the 90's ? it ran for about 3 hours each week and showcased international theatre, ballet and opera. I'd love to see footage of it again and its wreaking my head that I cant remember what it was called.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Long_Wave

Masterworks ?

This was driving me mad so I looked up RTE archives and found listings from the rte guide in 1991, the show was called "Festival" - does anyone remember this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Yeah I vaguely remember it. Back when RTE could actually say that they were supporting the arts, a claim thats laughable now even though they still use that slogan

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

An opera in the afternoon, and a concert at night

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Think it might have began late 70's. Certainly was running all through the 80's.

• Advertisement
Advertisement