Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-01-2019, 21:31   #1
Birdsong

Swim for a mile

Any one here doing swim for a mile, I've signed up this year. Loving the structure of it, doing the coached sessions and trying to get in the pool twice more. I'm not very confident in the deep end but feel like I getting better. Would love to get any tips.
Advertisement
28-01-2019, 11:00   #2
budhabob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdsong View Post
Any one here doing swim for a mile, I've signed up this year. Loving the structure of it, doing the coached sessions and trying to get in the pool twice more. I'm not very confident in the deep end but feel like I getting better. Would love to get any tips.
Have you a link?

I've gone back swimming this month after about 4 years of laziness. I'm targeting about 2km 3 mornings a week. Currently at 1200m total, with 300-500m intervals (at a push).

Edit: just found the link https://www.swimforamile.com/
04-03-2019, 16:15   #3
Boardnashea

I completed that a couple of years ago. Very satisfying to complete and this year I am getting back up to distance with much less effort.
13-04-2019, 13:23   #4
Birdsong

I did the swim for a mile yesterday evening, I have to say it's one of the best things I have ever done. Great initiative, giving me the confidence to swim in the deep end, let alone swim for a mile, 64 lenghs!!

If anyone is thinking about it for next year definitely recommend it.
14-04-2019, 21:12   #5
mad m

Quote:
I did the swim for a mile yesterday evening, I have to say it's one of the best things I have ever done. Great initiative, giving me the confidence to swim in the deep end, let alone swim for a mile, 64 lenghs!!

FairPlay and well done.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-07-2019, 12:06   #6
Marty Xavier

Quote:

Well done indeed, did this 3 times in the last 4 years, it got me into swimming. Since then I joined a masters swimming team and now regularly swim a couple of kms 2 or 3 times a week in open water without wetsuit. I would recommend a masters group for a year and see where it brings you. Not for everyone as the sessions are tough going and often early mornings but it will improve you no end.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion