Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish cilture (asking for help)

Options
  • 05-10-2019 4:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello! The first thing I want to apologise about is my level of English. Let me explain, please. My name is Vlad, I'm 22, and I'm russian (from Saint-Petersburg). 8 years ago when I studied at school me and my classmates had visited Ireland for langauge practice, I was 14 and didn't ever imagine how I will had fallen in love with Irish culture (I have lived for a month in Cork and also for a month in Dublin). And Irish culture, people and nature had stollen my heart. That's my background.
    And now I'm asking you for help. Now I'm a cook, but my soul has been asking me for writing since my childhood, and I can't resist it. I want to write a history based on Irish folklore/legends/fairytales (don't know how to correctly name it), but authentically, credibly, truthfully and accurately, because I respect your culture so much. So my request is:
    can you please recomend me some stories/fairytales/legends from your native Irish culture? I just want to study it to do everything correctly.
    My story will be written in russian, so I can't promise you that you will read it, but ask you for help (human for human), and hope that maybe you will like the thought about populating Irish culture in different countries.
    Thank you so much,
    Vlad

Comments

Advertisement