Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price Changes 19/20

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Up:
    Henderson Liverpool
    Barnes Leicester
    Pope

Down:
    Lundstram

Up:
    Tanganga
    Alexander-Arnold

Down:
    Shelvey
    Adrián
    Minamino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Anyone recall what’s the most expensive defender we have ever had in the game? TAA must be getting close to that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Baines a few years ago perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

10/11 Baines finished up at a pretty incredible looking now 8.1! After 178 points that season started the next at 8.0 a full million more than TAA started despite Trents 185 last season. Granted Baines had a longer track record but all it took was a 128 point season followed by a 138 to get Baines jumped up to a 7 starting price. Baines started at 7m+ until the start of the 15/16 season after that.

I seem to recall Vidic got up to at least 7 at one point too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,131 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

jimmii wrote: »
    10/11 Baines finished up at a pretty incredible looking now 8.1! After 178 points that season started the next at 8.0 a full million more than TAA started despite Trents 185 last season. Granted Baines had a longer track record but all it took was a 128 point season followed by a 138 to get Baines jumped up to a 7 starting price. Baines started at 7m+ until the start of the 15/16 season after that.

I seem to recall Vidic got up to at least 7 at one point too.

They were great days fpl was easy then!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is Easter early this year lads?

The Lord is about to fall for the first time...

Who gave him that Lord name anyway on the web? I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Who gave him that Lord name anyway on the web? I don't get it.

He was our 4.0 defender sent to us by the angels.

Our Lord, Our Saviour

Have some respect :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

They were great days fpl was easy then!

The holy trinity days! (It was holy trinity we used to use right?) Back when it was a game where you had <70m for 12 players!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

He was our 4.0 defender sent to us by the angels.

Our Lord, Our Saviour

Have some respect :pac:

I thought you were Our Saviour, Father.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Up:

ca91d3836fac2044da3675523d5395ad.png

O'Connell, De Bruyne, Agüero

Down:

RbgYhzI.gif

7234b613592afe6d1e7962de274779b0.jpg

Maddison, Haller

jimmii wrote: »
    The holy trinity days! (It was holy trinity we used to use right?) Back when it was a game where you had <70m for 12 players!

Yeah Lampard, Gerard and Ronaldo. Never rotated, nearly always putting up big scores against the weaker sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Aguero going up is a nice surprise. Extra 0.1 there & will have to ship him out for next GW.

Aguero going up is a nice surprise. Extra 0.1 there & will have to ship him out for next GW.

I am waiting for the one after next gw on gw28 when he has a blank.
    Fantasy football fix is telling me to get Jiminez instead of him for gw27.
    It will be interesting to see if Aguero drops and Jimenez rises in gw27

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Egan Mahrez up

Lallana sidibe Ryan down

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

km79 wrote: »
    Egan Mahrez up

Lallana sidibe Ryan down

Bad day for Sidibe.....forgets his sock then suffers the indignity of a price drop in FPL

• Registered Users Posts: 37,329 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Back in the day my team would be worth well over 105 million at this time if year. I decided to concentrate on price this year and then finish strong. I've missed a boat or two but my team real value is only 102.4 so that strategy is out the window.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Back in the day my team would be worth well over 105 million at this time if year. I decided to concentrate on price this year and then finish strong. I've missed a boat or two but my team real value is only 102.4 so that strategy is out the window.

How have you done v previous years?
    Mine was to be slightly different gw 1 no sterling, treble liverpool defence, including alisson and captain TAA. Being playing catch up ever since.

I always look at prices and potential price changes even down the list a page or two. It actually gives a good indicator of which players are worth considering - when ignoring the obvious ones.
    Then I try and assess if that movement for xyz player is the correct move down the line based on fixtures and form.

I find that bandwagon feature on the free fantasy football fix version helpful, and the transfer trend maps as it lets me know the routes people are going and why. Handy guides. I am not one for xg stats and the like. Watching the market is a lot simpler.

Making early transfers for me is never a problem because of price rises , only rarely has it backfired. As you point out the team value really makes a difference at the end of the season.
    Plus I would end up making similar moves

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Going Up :

f5eKXtcl.png

Fernandez(Newcastle)

Going Down :

Av5fdfjl.png

rlK2pNLl.png

Maupay
    Duda(Norwich)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

UP

ojekvl9638zy.jpg

Wood

DOWN

daniel-craig-lax-airport-security-05.jpg
    Daniel-Radcliffe.jpg?w968h681
    danielsadface.jpg

Daniels

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

UP

Mo-Salah-Liverpool.jpg

Salah

DOWN

-

Hennessey down

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hennessey down

Down my throat #Ladsladslads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

F1ngers wrote: »
    Hennessey down

Midway through a gameweek and in the lead up to the blank people are prioritising shipping out their non playing keeper?

BB in mind or am I missing something?

Success and Brooks down.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,195 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Risers :

RnGvpqfl.png

Fallers :

fAbHBc1l.png

jivxGohl.png

Alli
    Bravo

Up:
    Ings

Down:
    Minamino
    Vardy
    Pieters

Ward-Prowse and Sema (both down) were the only changes on 16 February by the way.

Ward-Prowse and Sema (both down) were the only changes on 16 February by the way.

Do you think Redmond will survive two price drops in the next two gameweeks? Hoping for no price drop would be pushing it I suppose.

Got him in the WC gw 26. Hoping to wait till gw 28 to reassess. I was thinking of getting in JWP instead of Redmond. But he obviously price dropped for a reason. His record does not look great. He has not had a decent run of returns (above 4) since gw11-15.

This where I find the price changes are good indicators of who to be getting or not getting. Nevermind all that xG guff.

• Advertisement

Do you think Redmond will survive two price drops in the next two gameweeks? Hoping for no price drop would be pushing it I suppose.

Got him in the WC gw 26. Hoping to wait till gw 28 to reassess. I was thinking of getting in JWP instead of Redmond. But he obviously price dropped for a reason. His record does not look great. He has not had a decent run of returns (above 4) since gw11-15.

This where I find the price changes are good indicators of who to be getting or not getting. Nevermind all that xG guff.
    Hard to say. He had 35,000 net transfers in just before his injury. You'd imagine he'd lose at least 30,000 owners over the coming weeks.

The good thing for you as a Redmond owner is that he is currently a really long way from a price drop at the moment. If I had to take a guess I'd say he'll only drop once over the coming two gameweeks.

Advertisement