Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dash cam videos thread 3.4 (embedded car dash-cams only)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

Isambard wrote: »
    there's no perhaps about it. He stopped safely. People are too used to being amber gamblers, it's now become red gamblers....

It's not as black and what as that

A good driver will know what is behind them, how big it is, how close it is before braking hard at an Amber light..or not as the case may (correctly) be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

McCrack wrote: »

A good driver will know what is behind them, how big it is, how close it is before braking hard at an Amber light..or not as the case may (correctly) be

No, a good driver will stop every time and won't make that one mistake some day where they think all is ok and it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

Love this thread. When giving people grief for driving safely isn’t enough, we start guessing what might have been behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,796 ✭✭✭Isambard

the fact is it was said he should have carried on because of the way the Law is worded (stop if it is safe to do so) but he stopped safely which means in that circumstance he was not entitled to proceed and acted entirely correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

Yes and that just confirms that Crock Rock was correct to stop.
    Isambard wrote: »
    he stopped safely so how could it be justified to continue across?

Didn't say he wasn't correct or that he did wrong, just pointing out that Amber doesn't mean Stop in all circumstances. In fact unless it's changed since 1964 if you stop on amber but cross the stop line you're still an RLJ statistic, see that video I posted on the guy stopping on amber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

If he maintained the same speed he would have been fine, but he sped up and then hit the brakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just got a dashcam recently, this is all I have so far, from last week.
    (I've cleaned my windscreen since)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭endacl

tuxy wrote: »
    Just got a dashcam recently, this is all I have so far, from last week.

If you’d sped up and used the horn you could have featured in one of the UK compilations!

:D

Anyone making compilations these days? I've about 15 clips from the last few months in a Dropbox folder.

_

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭JustARandomGuy

Kev1001 wrote: »
    Left my car parked on John Street West last night.
    No wing mirrors today.
    Car in front of me has no front windshield.

Good ole Dublin 8. Never disappoints.

Bleeding kip should be bombed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭boardz

I had to speed up to see if it was left hand drive....it wasn't

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

boardz wrote: »
    I had to speed up to see if it was left hand drive....it wasn't

It's really quite common. Generally you'll catch a few in traffic around Dublin. Phone in over the speedo/dash with netflix on... The mind boggles.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Anyone making compilations these days? I've about 15 clips from the last few months in a Dropbox folder.

Anything interesting? I could put the clips together if you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

You could have made both

Not sure how; neither was green

tedpan wrote: »
    Anything interesting? I could put the clips together if you like?

Most are fairly mild stuff, probably wouldn't warrant a video on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

jimmynokia wrote: »
    Check this clever lad out
    https://youtu.be/ViWpGdP-Zes

Cyclist whataboutery view.....But what about all the cars that jump the red lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Cyclist whataboutery view.....But what about all the cars that jump the red lights!

:rolleyes: Yeah loads of them in that video.

Spook_ie wrote: »

Oh come, however prejudiced your viewpoint is, you can't surely be defending that cyclist? Normally I wouldn't take much notice of what cyclists get up to, but that guy could potentially have caused an accident which might not have been trivial .

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

This mornings attempt to kill me:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Most are fairly mild stuff, probably wouldn't warrant a video on their own.

Ok, well let me know if you have anything worth sharing, I can edit and put them on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

After changing jobs i have come across a lot more impatient drivers. I mostly drive 1kph under the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

Stealthirl wrote: »
    After changing jobs i have come across a lot more impatient drivers. I mostly drive 1kph under the limit.

You have been overtaken more times in the last year than I have in 20 years of driving... Just saying like :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I'd pass you too. Are you a reluctant driver? If was behind you I'd assume you had a few drinks on board or we're elderly and probably shouldn't be driving. Do family members comment on your driving?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    I'd pass you too. Are you a reluctant driver? If was behind you I'd assume you had a few drinks on board or we're elderly and probably shouldn't be driving. Do family members comment on your driving?

He said 1km/h below the speed limit. If he is doing that then he's not the one in the wrong no matter how much boards motors glorifies speeding.
    "Assume you had a few drinks on board" is insulting to anyone who does drive properly.

He said 1km/h below the speed limit. If he is doing that then he's not the one in the wrong no matter how much boards motors glorifies speeding.

If true then that's fine but he seems to be driving the same speed on all roads. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

"Assume you had a few drinks on board" is insulting to anyone who does drive properly.
    Thanks.
    If true then that's fine but he seems to be driving the same speed on all roads. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way it looks.
    As i said i drive 1 under the actual limit. Not the speedo speed but the GPS speed. So a speedo speed of 63kph in a 60 zone and 84 in an 80. Almost all the roads above are 50-60 or the odd 80.
    2 are in a 60 to 50 zones
    2 are in an 80 zone
    8 clips are in 60 zones
    1 is in a 60 to 80 zone and you can see me speed up https://youtu.be/U2ocfcq66z0?t=79

So yes i was mostly at the same speed on all the roads :rolleyes:

As i said i drive 1 under the actual limit. Not the speedo speed but the GPS speed. So a speedo speed of 63kph in a 60 zone and 84 in an 80. Almost all the roads above are 50-60 or the odd 80.
    2 are in a 60 to 50 zones
    2 are in an 80 zone
    8 clips are in 60 zones
    1 is in a 60 to 80 zone and you can see me speed up

So yes i was mostly at the same speed on all the roads :rolleyes:

Fair enough, continue doing what you do. Before long you'll probably be posting footage of a head on collision of some car trying to pass you.

Fair enough, continue doing what you do. Before long you'll probably be posting footage of a head on collision of some car trying to pass you.

That would be their problem though.

_

• Advertisement

i think it's what they call failing to make progress.
    Too much emphasis on the speedo and not enough on road conditions.
    I'd guess you are slow to accelerate up to speed as your watching for that last km/h to come up on the speedo. You're not doing anything wrong and plenty of people drive like that, but it can be very annoying to be following a hestitant over-cautious driver.

Advertisement