Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

** ALL ** Passport Queries take.two. **! Mod-note in post#1288

• Registered Users Posts: 3 curlybap

Literally gone to printing as of the 9.20 update this morning. So the birth certs were enough as they wouldn’t have the picture of the passport on the system yet, only asked me for that 2 days ago.

Not sure what that was about but just so thankful it’s finally printing. We fly on the 16th so cutting it pretty fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helenjane

This is good to hear thanks for the update it has given me some hope. You might let me know when your sons issues. I have an issue date of the 15th but flying on the 12th. Td is hopeful but hard to relax until it’s in your hand!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 first time applicant

I will put it up as soon as I know. We fly the 16th and his is due the 14th. It's still showing on the tracker there verifying documents it hasn't even gone to processing application. They sent me back his birth cert last week so not sure if that's a good thing or bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Just a random thought and may well have been answered elsewhere but has the passport office started working weekends to clear the backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,001 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Several people posted on here that their application status updated over the weekend last weekend so it would appear so.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Sinead Mc1

Just wondering about this myself.

I received an email almost straight after application entitled "no-reply" where they thank me for using the online service.

There is a link at the bottom "reprint generated passport consent form".

When I click this it takes me back into the website and I must provide application no, birth surname of mother and DOB of child.

This takes me back to one of the pages in my application on the website with "important final steps" at top of page.

It advices to print consent form below but there is no link!

See attached

Any help appreciated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

Only the original long form birth cert or copy of current Irish passport of ONE Irish born parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Can anyone answer this query please:

Awaiting children's first time passports. I'm British, husband Irish, children Irish.

Got forms signed and witnessed by guards.

Sent mine and husband's passports (both expired) and our birth certificates just in case. Is that correct? Does it matter that they've expired?

Long form birth certificate of a parent born on the island of Ireland will suffice, no copies or short form certificates

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭galwayspur

Hi All,

anyone had any experience recently where they were waiting on arrival of a child's renewal passport after having to resubmit consent form? We submitted consent form after an error at our end just last week. It was received in Passport Office and status updated, due to fly out on 20th June and estimated date is 24th June. Hoping we get it in time....

• Registered Users Posts: 8 helenjane

Hi we were in a similar situation travelling Sunday the 12th issue date was the 15th. It went to print this afternoon so hoping it arrives tomorrow or Friday. I was ringing daily, not sure if that was helping but called every day. I also got my local td involved and my partner went into the office today. Going to the office today seemed to do the trick. It was processed an hour later. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭didka

I don't understand at all how this can happen and reading here it's very common. That's the same reason we were given that we need to resubmit the form - the guard signed with different date. But they do this all the time and I remember chatting to he guard about what date actually is, and using the date he told me!

After days of checking I managed to get urgent appointment for 4 day passport and I am hopeful we can save the trip. We applied for passports end April, trip 22nd of June. I received mine but my son's ETA date is 28th so most it's unlikely we will get it without the urgent appointment.

Post edited by didka on

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Goreme

Sent (only) my wife's expired Irish passport [didn't send in my current in-date passport) in as part of a group of passport application, including a child's first time passport. The applications were a week past two months at this stage! So I called up last Thursday and they said they would add a note to try to expedite them and also say that all were part of the same group. All arrived today in the post one week later. We didn't sent in my wife's birth cert (Irish), just her expired passport for renewal. That was all that was needed (along with the kids' birth certs and guarda witnessed photos etc.) Glad the wait is over. It would appear that talking to them on the phone last week did the trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 first time applicant

Hope you got sorted with the passport. My son's was issued at lunchtime today. It will be here tomorrow. I checked at 11.20 and was still at the stage of verifying documents. Checked again at 13:20 and was sent out in post with the an post tracker. So fast then in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ek12345

Anyones Passport dispatched on a sunday? Did it take long on the Monday for An Post Tracker to update and did you get delivery on the Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 HKSDESIGNS

For anyone looking for the average turnaround time for a first-time applicant here's how mine went

1 month 3 weeks ago

23/04/2022Alert

We have received your application. You must submit your supporting documents to proceed with the application.

1 month 1 day ago

13/05/2022Processing application

We have received your supporting documents. We are now verifying these documents.

1 week 6 days ago

31/05/2022Processing application

Your application is being processed

Today

13/06/2022Printing

Your Passport Book is being printed. Any\all documents submitted will be returned separately.

Today

13/06/2022Dispatched

Your Passport Book was posted on 13/06/2022

It only took around 2 weeks from when I got the second processing notification until it was dispatched today.

The estimated date was the 20/6/22

• Registered Users Posts: 16 House of love

We got it on Tuesday morning , there was no sign of it on the an post tracker at all, it just showed up

• Registered Users Posts: 16 House of love

But we're in Cork, if you live in Dublin or closer to Dublin you might have it on Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Lads quick one.

We are travelling to Brussels next Friday (24th) and coming home on the 26th. The other couple that are travelling with us have 2 kids who's passports both expire on the 26th. They applied for the kids passports 6 weeks ago but haven't received them. Would you chance travelling on the "old" passports?

We are applying for a first time passport for our baby. We are an unmarried couple but living together years etc. We have the forms signed and witnessed and ready to go, birth cert for baby and our passport photocopies. It's also asking for the statutory declaration, which I believe is a declaration that I as the father am a legal guardian. Do I need to submit this, as I don't have it?

No, you don’t. Once the parent/s named on the child’s birth certificate sign the form (declaration) your good to go. Make sure your witness can be contacted though.

If it were me, I wouldn’t. Although your allowed to use the passport up to the expired date, it’ll be cancelled if the new ones are issued in the meantime. Also, what if they couldn’t travel home on time for whatever reason, they’d be stuck in a different country with no identification documents for children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Issus38

Afternoon all,

Quick question. Can annyone confirm if ASP2 forms are unavailable? I now about the passport online, but at the moment I cant use it (card issues). Because of the backlog that the news says exist (and reading the forum), I want to get my passport renewed before it expires. I'm living abroad at the moment, and the local embassy says that the only way is the "Passport Online", and I'm sorry to suspect that they will not help at all.

I did manage to talk to someone on the phone at the DFA in Ireland (I was stunned, and while at first he was curious about the embassy not handing me a APS2 form, in the end he did not help either, telling me to borrow a credit card in order to use the passport online service. In this case I'd like to think that he was just stressed out and gave a rather bad solution to a problem, and not being an ass.

I'm not happy to have to ask to "borrow" a credit card in order to get this sorted, and I'm really not sure it should be the advice the DFA gives out to people. Borrowing cards for official documents? Card not in your name for a passport? Thats got to be trouble at some point.

Thanks for any help :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

Got back original documents for renewal of passport.

Does this mean that the passport is on its way?

No you can’t get a form and the embassy was correct, you can only apply online. Don’t know why you would have questioned their answer in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Yep, happened to me got my documents back first and then passport, even though the passport office say the documents are returned after, it's not actually true for some people

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭clog

How long between receiving original documents in the post and the new passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Issus38

It must be questioned. It can´t be possible that the only way to apply for a passport or passport renewal is through "Passport Online". There should be at least another alternative, because its your passport, a vital document that you should be able to obtain regardless of weather you own a computer or credit card or whatever. I can´t undestand why the general public would allow itself to be cornered in such a way, and what is so wrong with using a paper form.

You have to question these things, otherwise, all other users on this forum that have shown distress on passport delays should what? Suck it up? "The DFA has announced a massive backlog on passport applications. We'll get to your passport application when we get to it". You wouldn´t question that?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

For me was longer than normal because before they sent the orginal documents back they sent an email saying we needed a new Garda witness form as the Garda didn't record it in the log book, then a couple days later I rceieved all original docs in post, got passport like 2 or 3 weeks later but that's after I sent new Garda form.

I imagine if all your docs are in order it will be a week or less

• Registered Users Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭bladespin

Any issues with tracker updates? Seems not to have been updated in a while.