Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube golf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I would give my life for Peter Finch.

Wot?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

Wot?

Overly_attached_GF.jpg

I've been watching GM Golf, much different to the serious golf but still enjoy it

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

I would give my life for Peter Finch.

So many questions...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,034 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Found Danny Maude to be excellent. Very simple tips too and his tips on chipping have been huge help to me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I am a big of Peter Finch. His videos are informative, fun and he comes across as being very likeable. :)

Yeah he's a funny lad.

Liked his iron masterclass he did a few weeks ago. He's currently over in Vegas playing Rick Shiels in matchplay. It's been uploaded.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,977 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

The No Laying Up Ireland Tour started yesterday, very well put together content and really showcases Irish links courses

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

The No Laying Up Ireland Tour started yesterday, very well put together content and really showcases Irish links courses

They didn't think much of Doonbeg and didn't hold back on their review. Seems like they loved everywhere else. They played a good few courses - Dooks, Doolin P&P, Doonbeg, Lahinch, Adare, Ballybunion, Tralee, Waterville, Carne, Enniscrone, Rosses Point. Really well put together and looking forward to the series.

Doonbeg is a super course but the greens are poor and have not grown or settled at all since being rebuilt, I've played links greens a year old that look like they've been there a hundred years but Doonbeg's are just plain not great, especially considering the green fees they are shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

They didn't think much of Doonbeg and didn't hold back on their review. Seems like they loved everywhere else. They played a good few courses - Dooks, Doolin P&P, Doonbeg, Lahinch, Adare, Ballybunion, Tralee, Waterville, Carne, Enniscrone, Rosses Point. Really well put together and looking forward to the series.

They were meant to play Mulranny Links too, 9 hole course near Westport but spent too long in carne so couldn't make it.

Looking forward to watching them play all these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

The review would have been much more positive if Trump's name wasn't on the door, they weren't exactly hiding the fact that it didn't sit well with them. They probably should have put politics aside for it or not went at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

Find this fella great, breaks game down, helped me with course management since watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1SoL2p82Tf6IBnke0Sc4Q

• Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I think it's fair to say they enjoyed Lahinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 elgstring

Really brilliant episode, Lahinch shoots to the top of the Irish bucket list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭fourmations

kopkidda wrote: »
    Find this fella great, breaks game down, helped me with course management since watched it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA1SoL2p82Tf6IBnke0Sc4Q

yeah, i really like him too, great attitude,
    but as he says his approach to course management
    takes extreme discipline!

we all want to burst the drive, attack the flag etc.
    takes a lot of humility to play to your handicap and accept
    your weaknesses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭kopkidda

yeah, i really like him too, great attitude,
    but as he says his approach to course management
    takes extreme discipline!

we all want to burst the drive, attack the flag etc.
    takes a lot of humility to play to your handicap and accept
    your weaknesses

Ye , its a work in progress, but I am 100% much better at playing the correct shot now instead of 5 wood from under a tree :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o143qDGeA7w

Tourist Sauce Part 4 Ballybunion up on YouTube

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭GolfNut33

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o143qDGeA7w

Tourist Sauce Part 4 Ballybunion up on YouTube

Some crazy wind there. Great series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

A lot of bull**** out there on YouTube but I can't see past Bradley Hughes golf.
    I bought his drills 1-5 working well. So did Brendan Todd winner at the Bermuda this week after coming back from the swim yips, lost his tour card -24 today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Tourist sauce in belmullet on YouTube now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭willabur

Really super episode, felt like driving to Belmullet last night after watching it

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, it was a very good episode (they all are tbf). Booking a round there next year when I head up towards Enniscone's for our work trip. Looks amazing.

Don't pay much for the new 9, greens are brutal

I'm surprised nobody had picked up on the Bradley Hughes saga, I've mentioned him a few times here.
    Well an update from one of his students Brendan Todd on the PGA tour two wins in a row and leading this week.

A lot of bull**** out there on YouTube but I can't see past Bradley Hughes golf.
    I bought his drills 1-5 working well. So did Brendan Todd winner at the Bermuda this week after coming back from the swim yips, lost his tour card -24 today.

Will check it out..
    in what way has it improved your game? what was your starting point (handicap/struggles etc)

willabur wrote: »
    Will check it out..
    in what way has it improved your game? what was your starting point (handicap/struggles etc)

Ah Jaysus your sticking it to me now :)
    I've only started this winter but hitting the ball better coming from the inside (the 4:30 path) learning a lot about pressures and foot work. I'm 14hcp so next year hopefully.
    The difference between Bradley Hughes and YouTube, is BH your building your swing if it goes wrong you refer back to one of the drills while on the course.
    YouTube guys are good but it's usually just a nugget of info your not getting the full picture.

ha, sorry for putting you on the spot

I find alot of the 'content' from the popular youtubers is not very useful, sometimes it can be a little destructive. The game is so personal that only thing they can really give is some tactical course management tips and some swing thoughts. When it comes to swing changes then they are missing the massive context which is how you swing the club to begin with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I don't think that anyone should really be taking their golf instruction from a random YouTube pro though. Whatever about watching the videos because you enjoy them, or trying out a drill that you think might work for you, or be fun to do, it should all be taken with a pinch of salt.

Realistically, you'll only get a meaningful lesson plan by working direct with a pro (even an online pro) & getting tailored instruction

Advertisement