Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banjo Guy Ollie VGM covers

• 29-06-2015 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looks like I'm clear to post so I'll introduce myself and my channel :)
    I'm Ollie, based in Galway and for a year now I've been doing video game music covers on a YT channel as well as reviews of MSX software and hardware and some speed painting lately .

Here's a few of covers I've done:

Zelda, Link to the Past

Sonic

Shovel Knight

I do a cover about once every 2/3 weeks at the moment
    Here's the link to my channel : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-umfrfqPvDvWCYHJGYtpA

hope you like it
    Ollie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭BGOllie

oh and here's the speed painting stuff :

here's my latest vid. RetrowareTV are now putting these on the site now :)
    pretty chuffed about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Loving those speed paintings dude, I'd love to be able to paint like that (or indeed, at all!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

Really loving the channel Ollie your a god damn talented man! Keep it up!

I hurt two of my fingers recently so I couldnt' play. It's all back to normal now so I'll have a cover ready this week hopefully. In the meantime I've been painting like a lunatic :)

• Advertisement

Class as per usual dude. Can I ask, what do you do with your paintings, do you display them or sell them on?

I put them up on my FB page and they're pretty much gone within the hour. Some were swapped, others sold, but I'd rather swap them for gaming stuff :D
    Got 6 boxed megadrive games for one that Portal one and a full US gamecube and 6 games for the Shadow of the colossus one :)

Wow, nice way of building your collection man :D

yeah, I've always been into bartering. I got a lot of surfing and windsurfing equipment as trades for my paintings :D

finishing the video for this piece too :)
    11028025_10153469818823276_6220248557954353363_n.jpg?oh=7276a0ab4de0b1953aa61011ed19ec65&oe=5623789E

I'll have a new cover soon (hopefully this week) and working on the next MSX Mansion and should have it for next week hopefully :)

here is the vid :)

Next cover's done too now, I was able to record the last bit last night, I'll release it saturday :) (it's the super smash bros for wiiu trailer theme )

• Advertisement

back playing and here's the new cover :) This one took forever to put together due to an injury and having to separate so many tracks.

Myrddin, is it cool to post it in that thread on the retro forum as well or would you rather all content stays here ?

LongZ wrote: »
    Myrddin, is it cool to post it in that thread on the retro forum as well or would you rather all content stays here ?

Should be no prob doing both :)

already posted it on the retro forum but here's another MSX Mansion video I finished for retrowareTV on the story of the MSX standard

I meant to say, that's fantastic stuff dude...well done.

I stepped away from the banjo for my first collaboration with another VGM youtuber and took the old girl off the wall

Wow, just wow :eek: Amazing stuff dude. So many questions! What's your recording setup for guitar? The sound you have there is lovely

thanks dude. I used a "retro" approach for this, ie: placed my recording mic right in front of the guitar amp and recorded like that, as opposed to plugging the guitar into the pc audio interface. I find it a lot easier to record like that and sounds less processesed and more "live" sounding

retro all the way :D

thanks dude. I used a "retro" approach for this, ie: placed my recording mic right in front of the guitar amp and recorded like that, as opposed to plugging the guitar into the pc audio interface. I find it a lot easier to record like that and sounds less processesed and more "live" sounding

retro all the way :D

I used to do similar, but had trouble with it because the amp had to be quite high to get the tone I wanted. Is that sound direct from the amp, or are you using an effects board...it's really nice

yeah I had to record when my wife wasn't home :D
    it's straight from the amp, eq and overdrive done on the amp but no rever or delay though for better control. Reverb and delay are added after during mixing.

Here's a quick and dirty review of the recent Knightmare remake :)

• Advertisement

Just split my channel in two recently. The BGO music will stay on the normal channel and everything else (Simon, MSX mansion, paintings and car boot sales stuff moves to the other) it'll make things easier to manage and means I can do some footage videos too on some MSX and Amiga games... and some PC too :)

Just split my channel in two recently. The BGO music will stay on the normal channel and everything else (Simon, MSX mansion, paintings and car boot sales stuff moves to the other) it'll make things easier to manage and means I can do some footage videos too on some MSX and Amiga games... and some PC too :)

Great stuff, keep up the great work :)

here's a new cover I just finished. The intro theme from dune on PC and Amiga -because there's more to retro-gaming than Nintendo or JRPGs (I should use that as my tag line :)

just finished a gameplay video of Knightmare on the MSX . The goal is not really to do a playthrough (far from it) but just show live gameplay outside of the review format.

did I mention I also document my game chasing weekend ? Very much using the LGR and PAT the NES Punk format for this. It's mostly CD finds like PC, xbox and PS1/2 games but I also find the odd cart :)

latest cover is out. From Konami's Treasure of USAS on MSX 2

The latest cover is from Undertale : Megalovania. Anyone tried the game yet ?

my new cover is from castlevania 3. half way through a full album :)

I forgot to post this here. it's been out almost a week now. The last cover is from Super Mario Land - Muda Kingdom
    The next one will be out wednesday but i'm off to france tomorrow with VERY limited internet access so you'll have to check the channel for it (psss, it's from Zelda , Link's awakening :) )

• Advertisement

another Undertale cover to start the year :)

Advertisement