Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

@ Lemag, as i was unsucessful in getting a garmin 500, what have you got bike computer wise that you were hoping to sell? I could be interested. cheers
    This which has seen about 300kms so there should be plenty of battery life left. The one which is new and still in its box is O_Synce and it's the Marco series. There are a few different ones within that series but I can't be more specific just yet as I'm don't have it to hand right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

@ Lemag, as i was unsucessful in getting a garmin 500, what have you got bike computer wise that you were hoping to sell? I could be interested. cheers
    On a similar note, might be selling this Cateye Strada Double Wireless soon
    About 500km on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭torturedsoul

I bought some cateye product about 1000Km ago. all functions are working except for my avg speed which just suddenly stopped working one day. Very very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

I bought some cateye product about 1000Km ago. all functions are working except for my avg speed which just suddenly stopped working one day. Very very annoying

I have a brand new Strada Wireless incl sensor which I can sell ya, mucho cheapo:)

Average speed works too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

:DVery cheeky

Hands up now, who is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

SomeFool wrote: »

Hands up now, who is it?

*cough* points finger at someone else *cough*

SomeFool wrote: »

Hands up now, who is it?
    I'm not surprised. I brought the Garmin to the attention of posters here. I then mention that I'll be looking to sell my other computers and a couple jump in to compete with me with their now unneeded computers :rolleyes:
    giro prolight helmets £79.99 + shippping
    Cheers ednwireland. Went for it last night. I was too late to get the black or black/red so had to settle for the less desirable black/blue. Still, I won't see it when it's on my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Lemag wrote: »
    I'm not surprised.

In my defence, the pad looks crap in those shorts. I'd rather sell them on than hang onto something I'm not gonna use!

In my defence, the pad looks crap in those shorts. I'd rather sell them on than hang onto something I'm not gonna use!
    I took them out for the first time last Thursday. After about 40km my ass started hurting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Did 70k in them today and found them very comfy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I did 35k in them and found the actual padding fine, however the stitching keep clinging into the valuables and was finding it impossible to adjust myself :o

However they're my first pair of bibs as I was just using a cheap pair of b-twin shorts before, so not too much of a fair comparison!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Dr.Millah

Got mine the other day aswell, bit disapointed with the shiny finish on parts of them. Meh, for 25e though still cant go too wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Did 50k today and I found them to be excellent. Maybe it all depends on how well they fit you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

70km in them yesterday and found them very comfy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Evans just emailed me about an end of season sale there!

Lemag wrote: »
    I'm not surprised. I brought the Garmin to the attention of posters here. I then mention that I'll be looking to sell my other computers and a couple jump in to compete with me with their now unneeded computers :rolleyes:

Cheers ednwireland. Went for it last night. I was too late to get the black or black/red so had to settle for the less desirable black/blue. Still, I won't see it when it's on my head.
    Sorry! It's still a might on my count :)
    (Any profit goes to Lemags tab in Sin É)

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Whitehawk

this shop posted about in first post is great - http://www.mandmdirect.ie/

such good savings!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Did the 120km Leinster Loop in the Sky Shorts yesterday, can report they were grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Inquitus wrote: »
    Did the 120km Leinster Loop in the Sky Shorts yesterday, can report they were grand.

The padding is a bit thin, but i didnt mind it did 60km in it, found needed bit more breaking in but no issues with sore arse, i found them really warm thou, felt warmed up when left house compared to other shorts i use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

Delivery of a nice Garmin Edge 500 Black/White today thanks lemag, nice surprise to get two bike mounts included!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Delivery of a nice Garmin Edge 500 Black/White today thanks lemag, nice surprise to get two bike mounts included!

a surprise? it says it on the description you get 2 :)
    black and white would look silly on your bike BallyH. ive a nice blue one ill give ya for it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

great! I was going to order a second bike mount, but forgot about it. I dont need to do that now.

have HRM and cadence sensor on the way from the us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

damo80 wrote: »
    a surprise? it says it on the description you get 2 :)
    black and white would look silly on your bike BallyH. ive a nice blue one ill give ya for it :p
    Haha you were right there are indeed two :) Ah its fitting in nicely now on my black and white bike to be honest with ya :p Get yours yet?
    lennymc wrote: »
    have HRM and cadence sensor on the way from the us.
    Do you mind me asking where you got them, any cheaper than amazon or handtec?

Mine arrived today, nice bit of kit. Thanks again Lemag for the post!

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭damo80

Haha you were right there are indeed two :) Ah its fitting in nicely now on my black and white bike to be honest with ya :p Get yours yet?

arrived today thanks again to Lemag.
    +1 on the price for the sensor info if oyu dont mind sharing it.

Just had a look on the Garmin megathread and it looks like if anyone has a Garmin hrm already they can use the strap with the Edge as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

On that note if anyone else has a spare mount I'll gladly take it off your hands. PM please

• Registered Users Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭lennymc

No problem Ballyhoura,

I found them on ebay - 66 usd for both. NIB cadence sensor, New, no box heart monitor. No shipping as I have family over there and one is coming over in a couple of weeks. SHipping was about 12.00 usd to ireland, but you may get hit on tax.

There was a nice parcel here for me today when I got home. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Now this isn't an Edge 500 but there's Garmin 305s to be had on Amazon.co.uk for 110 euro. They come with a heart rate monitor too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Crank brothers multi 17 tool on wiggle for £18. It got a review in the times on Saturday.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement