Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic Thread: Post your Pics/You-Tube/Links/Banter here!

• 27-05-2009 9:31am
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

Right lads...we're gonna give this a try, see how it goes.

funny-pictures-kitten-decides-whether-to-cause-mischief.jpg

Run amok. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭PaulBrewer

Sure no one ever goes OT here ....;)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭fitz

I'm going to love this thread, if only for the opportunity to post lolcats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Good shtuff seeing this thread.

this week I mostly be loving:

1. taking time off due to illness.
    2. spending unhealthy amounts of time finding music on the internet.
    3. the fact that you can buy opiates in over the counter medication (and at fairly high concentration too).
    4. Izotope Vinyl plugin (thanks to a fellow boardsie)
    5. Flight of the Conchords

This week I mostly be hating:

1. Being sick.
    2. The general public's use of the word 'random'.
    3. The fact I'm not going to Life this weekend, despite every one of my dj mates playing at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

jtsuited wrote: »
    Good shtuff seeing this thread.

this week I mostly be loving:

1. taking time off due to illness.
    2. spending unhealthy amounts of time finding music on the internet.
    3. the fact that you can buy opiates in over the counter medication (and at fairly high concentration too).
    4. Izotope Vinyl plugin (thanks to a fellow boardsie)
    5. Flight of the Conchords

This week I mostly be hating:

1. Being sick.
    2. The general public's use of the word 'random'.
    3. The fact I'm not going to Life this weekend, despite every one of my dj mates playing at it.
    why not going to life.
    i think i take the credit for flight of the conchords.did i send you that if thats what your into video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

3. the fact that you can buy opiates in over the counter medication (and at fairly high concentration too)

please expand a little

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

If I hear that frikin word one more time 'legislation' in this Country.

Why won't the bill pass Paddy?

Because we are waiting for the minister to pass the 'legislation' on the bill...

You **** shut up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭ICN

3. the fact that you can buy opiates in over the counter medication (and at fairly high concentration too)

please expand a little

solpadeine Max has huge amounts of codeine in it. So much that it's up for review Worldwide in the coming months.

On the downside, codeine addiction is very very common in this country and is no laughing matter (i know a girl who went through some awful sh1te after becoming a little fond of solpadeine during college exams).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭frobisher

Codeine rocks! So much so, that I ration myself even at my worst unwell-liness. I was sick a while back for a few weeks and I felt codeine starting to wrap its tentacles round me *spine-shiver*

My OT news is that the piano tuner has finally made it and is twisting and listening as I type.

frobisher wrote: »
    Codeine rocks! So much so, that I ration myself even at my worst unwell-liness. I was sick a while back for a few weeks and I felt codeine starting to wrap its tentacles round me *spine-shiver*
    nice one. I was worried about espousing the benefits of using a nasty opiate on an internet forum but then the mod did!!:p

Yeah it's friggin awesome. I know some poker degenerates that use it for endurance.
    Best thing with solpadeine is you get completely goofed up with the codeine and then the caffeine gives you a sense of focus. And as far as pain killing properties go, it dominates anything else on the market.

Turns out my flu was actually a chronic sinus infection in 1 side of my head. Only went to the doctor when my ears started acting up.
    Got seriously freaked out on Sunday night when I started getting seriously bad pain in my ear-drum. Typical musician - body falling to pieces but as soon as there's anything wrong in the ears, it's straight down to the medical professionals.

• Advertisement

May as well post the links to the Future Music videos, seeing's as how so many people reference them:

Linky Majinky

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

jtsuited wrote: »
    May as well post the links to the Future Music videos, seeing's as how so many people reference them:

Linky Majinky

Here's some really interesting topics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Topic_(chocolate_bar).jpg

hahahaha. savage. never saw that before!!:pac::pac:

A hazel nut in every bite.

As this is the off topic banter yoke, we can talk about anything not related to music production?

What was the first record you ever bought?

Paul told me the first one he bought was "The Jazz Singer". Not the Neil Diamond one. The Al Jolson one:D Really old people will appreciate this.

Mine was A-Ha, Stay On These Roads. 80's-tastic.

fitz wrote: »
    Mine was A-Ha, Stay On These Roads. 80's-tastic.

Some things should stay secret :-)

My first record was 10cc's "I'm not in love".

Now there's a song that's stood the test of time.

Aha were great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

My first record (actually, it was a 6 record box set) was "The Complete Buddy Holly".

464035.jpg

I've been a fan ever since I was a kid. The box set was released in 1979 & I don't think it was available for very long. Over the years, I tried to get it on CD/digital but never found it anywhere. A few years back I converted every single one of the 120+ tracks/interviews to MP3 & they're still in my iPod to this day.

You want to hear real analogue recordings?... then this is the real McCoy. On one of the tracks (recorded in his kitchen) you can even hear his mother putting out the milk bottles in the background.

Now that's rock'n'roll!

My first record, and it was a record, was Stand And Deliver by Adam And The Ants :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

the first album i bought with my own hard earned was the tv series Gladiators soundtrack :p
    before that i used to always play my mother now series records.ive fond memories of jumping round my living room as a nipper listening to the ghostbusters song:D

• Advertisement

What a classic that was...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

my first album was... bros :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Think mine was ACDC's Razor's Edge on cassette!!

That or else the best of Boney M... Im not sure.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Ian C

I think the first I'd admit to is "Performance and Cocktails" by Stereophonics... some extremely dodgy purchases prior to that! :pac::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Aridstarling

Texas - Greatest Hits

Still like it!

Next off topic topic is.............................................................

Who or what was it that got you into making music instead of buying music?

Having asked the question, I can't actually remember a definite moment for me. The scriptwriters will have to make something dramatic up when they do the movie.

Next off topic topic is.............................................................

Who or what was it that got you into making music instead of buying music?

Having asked the question, I can't actually remember a definite moment for me. The scriptwriters will have to make something dramatic up when they do the movie.

I was always a bit of a computer nerd so the idea of software and hardware and music all combined was very tantilizing to me, the fatman. I never taught it was going to be so hard to go from home to commercial but it was, baby steps all the way.. The process of sound manipulation was the deal breaker. Making music is so real and pure and cool and it rocks and I love it and will go at it for as long as I can afford to!

dav nagle wrote: »
    I was always a bit of a computer nerd so the idea of software and hardware and music all combined was very tantilizing to me, the fatman. I never taught it was going to be so hard to go from home to commercial but it was, baby steps all the way.. The process of sound manipulation was the deal breaker. Making music is so real and pure and cool and it rocks and I love it and will go at it for as long as I can afford to!

Nice one Dav.

That was very emotional.

If the bank manager came and took all your gear away, could you ever go back to a basic set up?

Nice one Dav.

That was very emotional.

If the bank manager came and took all your gear away, could you ever go back to a basic set up?

What can I say I am an emotional guy, have you not seen some of my highly unecessary outbursts on boards???:pac:

I would definitely not start from scratch! No way !!

Why did you get into the recording ?

• Advertisement

dav nagle wrote: »
    What can I say I am an emotional guy, have you not seen some of my highly unecessary outbursts on boards???:pac:

I would definitely not start from scratch! No way !!

Why did you get into the recording ?

I have indeed seen your posts, they are the stuff of legend.

Me and recording? Well I drifted into it from being in a band. We had a Tascam 4 track and tried to do our own demo's on it. We were hopeless. We ended up using the 4 track as a mixer. 2 guitars a bass and keyboards going through the tascam to one guitar amp.:D

That was donkeys years ago. Me and the bass player got back into recording abut a year and a half ago.

Still only learning but having a great time of it.

Advertisement