1. Foxy's take-away in the military mess tent, pitched right beside the handball courts where there were two shops with the staff canteen sandwiched in between.
2. Venturers with Walkie Talkies, AKA Security
3. That poor girl in the portaloo that broke her arm when the Air Corp Dauphin helicopter carrying Mary Robinson blew it over!
4. D-ream - Things can only get better - Played all the time on the Roadcoaster, along with that 4-non-blondes song too...
5. The army rangers abseling out of a helicopter over the lake, into a speed boat, then racing to shore, to deliver the national flag for the opening ceremony - Super cool stuff.
6. The supermarket onsite where all the leaders went food shopping. It was like Lidl or Aldi are now, completely alien at the time
7. The never-ending hunt for neckerchiefs - I was on the staff and was hounded for a staff necker by so many people who wanted a set of all 3, same for the badges etc.
Well, that's it for now....I'm sure other things will come back to me in time....
ex-HQ Unit, Dartry, CBSI