Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

11-08-2008, 10:11   #61

3rd flight air scouts (think we were the only air scouts in Ireland) in swords, venturer, then cub scout leader
Thanks from:
Advertisement
29-09-2008, 13:22   #62

wondering if you were looking for leaders? I'd be interested.... can;t seem to get anywhere with HQ..... Was involved in 8th Meath for years.... still accompany them on camps on occasion
29-09-2008, 15:40   #63
Shoie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathgirl View Post
.... can;t seem to get anywhere with HQ.....

Check out http://www.scouts.ie/dublin-metropol...cout-province/ to see a list of Counties around Dublin. I am in Blackrock and our County is Dun Laoghaire.

If you need contacts for any other group in the County PM me your details and I will forward on.
21-10-2008, 17:24   #64
roundymoonie

Briginis -St.Peter and Pauls,Careys Lane Cork
Guides/Rangers-Imaculate Conception,Same Address
Leader -Ballinlough
After an extended break....Now a Beaver Leader with 21st/71st Mayfield,Cork with my 2 kids in Beavers and Cubs and having a ball.
Well worth getting back involved if you're thinking about it, you get much more out than you put in!
28-10-2008, 22:31   #65
ChewChew
SADISTIC HEARTLESS BITCH

Brigins and Guides leader, Celbridge. For the last 4 weeks
Advertisement
31-10-2008, 19:56   #66
Gillo

24th Tallaght as a cub & scout, then moved to Skerries and was in 98 Skerries, as a scout, venturer and then scout leader.

I was also in Lusk Ventures for a hectic year, two venture groups at the same time!!!

I'd love to get back into it, but time is a major factor.

Unfortunatly, we I live now (Balbriggan) they still only accept boys, so my daughter can't join, shame really.
05-01-2009, 05:56   #67
Carroller16

Send a message via Skype™ to Carroller16
Hi, i'm a cub leader in 9th 10th dublin, aughrim st
07-01-2009, 18:54   #68
roundymoonie

Gillo,
Scouting is equal opportunity so as long as there is female toilets and access to a female leader there shouldn't be a reason for the local troop not to accept girls,if i'm not mistaken if she fulfills the joining criteria and all other things being in place she can't be refused. if she is joining it might be an idea to bring a friend, walking into a meeting with all lads could be daunting and it might be handy on hikes etc. to have someone to go to the loo with!!
03-02-2009, 12:11   #69
Agent Smith
Did you enjoy the fuhrer's birthday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
Name: Brian O Carroll
Unit: 1st Meath Dunboyne

Beaver, Cub, Scout, Cub Leader, <long gap>, recently rejoined as a scout leader. (just spent the weekend in the Comeraghs Sionnach - bit sore today but great weekend)

Agent Smith - I remember Don - sound man! Shared a bottle of Glenfiddich with him and a couple of others in "the middle room" in Dunboyne Scouts den one night many years ago I also recall a joint-trip of some kind with us and Ballybrack. Don't rememeber any names/details anymore but there was a guy there (whom I was on Peak with) who played a mean Stairway on guitar. Name might have been Cian??? Any recollection of this trip?
i've an idea who your talking about, i wouldnt like to publicly announce it, but yeah, he does do stairway justice
Advertisement
18-04-2009, 17:30   #70

I'm in IGG and have been a Ladybird, Brownie, Guide and Young Leader in Stillorgan (Dublin). I was a Brownie Leader there for 4 years and am currently a Guide Leader with Stillorgan. Moved to Sligo for college last year so don't attend as often as I'd like but still make it home to work in the IGG shop at National Office on Saturdays.

I was in Ventures for 2 years in 137th Balally (Dublin) and loved every minute of it - could have been that I was the only girl in the troop!!
03-05-2009, 11:45   #71
Finner

Hi!

I used to be a scout and a leader in 63rd Dundrum Troop but they've been discontinued. I have such great memories from it and I was looking to get involved again but can't find any information about troops in my local areas and times of meetings and where. I looked on Scouting Ireland website but the links to local unit websites seem to be very dated links (I found one website that hadn't been updated since 2001!!!)

I wonder if there's anyone that might be able to give me info on units in the Dundrum, Ballinteer, Rathfarnham area, or even in the South Dublin, Three Rock area in general.
03-05-2009, 22:14   #72
Kildrought

Ring Scouting Ireland National Office and they'll give you a contact number for the nearest Group Leader to you.
29-06-2009, 16:01   #73

trip to switzerland

Is anyone going on the trip to Switzerland on the 11th of july wit the Lucan, Newbridge and Stradbally girl guides?????
30-06-2009, 10:35   #74
Shoie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finner View Post

I wonder if there's anyone that might be able to give me info on units in the Dundrum, Ballinteer, Rathfarnham area, or even in the South Dublin, Three Rock area in general.
Ger Smith in Provincial Office should be able to give you the Group Leader names and contact number. Number is (01)4755688.
09-07-2009, 12:59   #75
Baltrux

Started
140th Beaumount cub's scouts
6th meath duleek scouts, venterur
3rd louth scout leader

Is 140th beaumount still on the go

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image