Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Official Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

maximo31 wrote: »
    https://www.curragh.ie/index.php/tickets
    Free tickets to the Curragh....

For U18’s ie children

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

BumperD wrote: »
    For U18’s ie children
    Go to buy tickets and put in your quantity on the general admission. They’re free Bumper

The Mig wrote: »
    Go to buy tickets and put in your quantity on the general admission. They’re free Bumper

Holy crap I didn’t see that. Now that’s one way to boost attendance. I’m overseas so won’t benefit but will share link to friends back in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

I notice bet365 have immediate visa withdraws . What other onlines site have this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Luap wrote: »
    I notice bet365 have immediate visa withdraws . What other onlines site have this?
    What bank you with Luap? My withdraws with 365 are done via wire transfer. I use AIB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I see the Queen had a filly running today called Eight Bells :rolleyes:
    Along with Golden Cygnet, I can see a trend here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Luap wrote: »

PP brought this in a month or 2 ago, very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Sorry if late internet acting up New Zealand -21 first half handicap an absolute cert lump on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Good documentary on TG4 about Paddy Merrigan's comeback to racing over the last two years and why he stopped as a very talented novice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Not sure best place for this

Cheltenham introduce a £1 charge for glasses this weekend and are only full to rim for a pint

So Guinness was £6 + £1 refundable deposit for the glass

You can only return a maximum of 6 glasses at various points at the site or put them in a charity recycling box ( didn't see the name of the charity)

Looked more charity boxes than places where you could get money back

abarkie wrote: »

Cheltenham introduce a £1 charge for glasses this weekend and are only full to rim for a pint

You can only return a maximum of 6 glasses at various points at the site or put them in a charity recycling box ( didn't see the name of the charity)

They are running out of ways to gouge their customers.

Anyone watching those Upping the Ante Racing post podcasts? Every week Lynch lad is offered an opportunity to aftertime on the week just gone , the lad is a plonker to continue to aftertime his insecurities are driving the need after losing his nuts . No one cares how much you lost Gavin so quit the after timing ffs like seriously grow up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

They are running out of ways to gouge their customers.

Easy, just make it a 5-day Festival!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭zimmermania

abarkie wrote: »

First time i saw this was at the Portugal Masters this year at the Victoria course in Vilamoura.

The heavy duty glasses were of a good quality and stamped Portugal Masters.I saw many people hang on to their glasses and there was were no glasses to be seen dumped at the outside catering stands in the tented village or at the ONeills bar and catering stand near the 12th green.

I saw no signs suggesting one could get money back on returning the glasses and but i saw lots of people hand in the glass when getting refills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭kksaints

First time i saw this was at the Portugal Masters this year at the Victoria course in Vilamoura.

The heavy duty glasses were of a good quality and stamped Portugal Masters.I saw many people hang on to their glasses and there was were no glasses to be seen dumped at the outside catering stands in the tented village or at the ONeills bar and catering stand near the 12th green.

I saw no signs suggesting one could get money back on returning the glasses and but i saw lots of people hand in the glass when getting refills.

Most sporting events in Germany and Austria have this. Extra euro on your first purchase and you reuse the cup/glass for every drink afterwards. At the end you can go back to the seller and get the euro back or there is usually people collecting them for youth teams or fan displays at matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,962 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone watching those Upping the Ante Racing post podcasts? Every week Lynch lad is offered an opportunity to aftertime on the week just gone , the lad is a plonker to continue to aftertime his insecurities are driving the need after losing his nuts . No one cares how much you lost Gavin so quit the after timing ffs like seriously grow up

Ye I like the podcasts tbh, have watched them all last year and this year so far but agree on the "how was your betting" week nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Why do ppl get so angry about aftertiming

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭ustari

Like those videos and don't think he is every really "aftertiming", always mentions what lost as well as what won from what I can remember. Seems a reasonable, realistic fellow.

Andrew00 wrote: »

Agreed. BTW I had my biggest bet of the year on field of dreams at lingfield today Christmas and 2020 paid for.

• Advertisement

ustari wrote: »
    Like those videos and don't think he is every really "aftertiming", always mentions what lost as well as what won from what I can remember. Seems a reasonable, realistic fellow.

Ah but there’s the rub. He’s dispensing betting advice yet failing to mention any of those after timing gems in that same advice before the results. It’s of zero value. No one cares how much he lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Agreed. BTW I had my biggest bet of the year on field of dreams at lingfield today Christmas and 2020 paid for.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Clique

Andrew00 wrote: »

I'm not sure what's worse, aftertiming or someone who posts a 'tip' to someone on social media/forum like they are in the know. Aftertiming to me just comes across as needy and attention seeking but wouldn't let it ruin my day like some seem too on here :D

We had our Christmas party a few years ago at the dogs. One guy had the winner of the first couple of races, some thought ok, I'll have some of that, people that wouldn't back as such so started ask him what to do in the next race. He said he had a 'tip' in the next. Almost all backed it, me included, finished last at a short enough price too, yet he was screaming the winner home. Everyone was puzzled as to why he was cheering home the winner while everyone was cursing our luck. I backed 4 of them he said to me quietly and was doing so in most races :D Still tells people to this day how he had 8 winners the last time we went to the dogs for that Christmas party :rolleyes: No surprise he had to bar himself from the local Paddyp!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

If I am going to the dags , I always bring my lucky die.

FEZ6GCSGZ38JP3S.MEDIUM.gif

Unbeatable.

greyhoundrace.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭BoldReason

This is one of the greatest threads I've seen on twitter in a while. Gearóid is a funny ****er.

https://twitter.com/gearoid2point0/status/1206643641822916615?s=19

And to finish never forget.

https://twitter.com/gearoid2point0/status/1207343386858004482?s=19

It's a bit of a read but I'll say it again. Well worth the time.

Who is he?

Slattsy wrote: »
    Who is he?

He is a pro punter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

He's not he's just ur average punter. I've been following his account for a while

• Advertisement

What's the definition of a pro punter?

Advertisement