Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Your art/craftwork - show it here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Penfailed wrote: »
    Finished!
    Excellent. I'm brutal at drawing but just love looking and so envious of the works of those with talent. I really admire those who enter the Texaco Art Comp for instance. From 9 to 90 brilliant work.
    Just like those portrayed here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Two recent ones painted in the last week
    This one of Skerries Harbour

ahxbf1Ml.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And this one of Rush Harbour

UB6t1Nwl.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Some serious painting there. How long do they take to do.

beauf wrote: »
    Some serious painting there. How long do they take to do.

Not terribly long, possibly about 10/12 hours each.
    Sometimes they can take a lot longer but these just seemed to work out quickly.

The new owners are very happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

They're absolutely fantastic Ciderman. Great eye for colour and technique.

I'll take the compliment about colour but I have zero technique!
    Terrible, no training, just splodges and smears!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll take the compliment about colour but I have zero technique!
    Terrible, no training, just splodges and smears!

Yet they work! There beautiful paintings!

You're all very kind.
    I've about seven canvases awaiting paint within the next couple of months.
    I was getting a bit down, thinking it would take me weeks and weeks per picture, but now I'm a little more confident I can get the work done in a smaller timeframe.
    I'll post them as they are done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Wolff

First time post - have been painting now for a about 2 years - finally getting to place that's my own particular style - Paul Henry is always in the picture somewhere !

6db1169d9a73c0c3a2829e5ae737a4f0.jpg

• Advertisement

Cool

Another 2 recently finished

The plan was to replace all the existing pictures in the house with my own =)

I was too cheap to go out and buy them!

9141e86ddfeb1b0da996458b86c011e5.jpg

d90b5582e9fd099c55598a1e8615860b.jpg

There's a stained glass quality to them. Very dramatic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25 Simms

Wolff wrote: »
    First time post - have been painting now for a about 2 years - finally getting to place that's my own particular style - Paul Henry is always in the picture somewhere !

Are you based in Connemara?

And one more of the Skelligs - which are a great subject to paint

a639fad2fae5aef31689e5aa22e4084f.jpg

@Simms - No based in Co Meath - hence the need for some drama I think =)

@Simms - No based in Co Meath - hence the need for some drama I think =)

LOL... indeed.

Those are simply spectacular, well done

Thanks Ciderman !

I have had a look back at some of the amazing paintings and drawings here including your own really quite excellent work and what a collection they make !

Thanks Ciderman !

I have had a look back at some of the amazing paintings and drawings here including your own really quite excellent work and what a collection they make !

Hmm, not that sure.
    I think if I could really paint, and like you I love to paint the sea, I would paint like you.
    They are sublime.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

And one more of the Skelligs - which are a great subject to paint

a639fad2fae5aef31689e5aa22e4084f.jpg

Great work. Calming and dramatic at the same time

Thanks for all the kind words and enthusiasm - will crack on now with improving

2 final ones for your consideration - again the sea or coastline

Has anyone any tips on selling paintings - have a few to shift now before the wife starts divorce proceedings !

The Coast of Kerry (Based on a John Skelton Picture)

d4ae61a668d9c7af6f9f373a0c9a0d96.jpg

Spanish Point - a friend wanted a painting based on one of his photographs

f8b0623331f12aef267154a76e0b750c.jpg

I sell everything I paint, but then they are all commissions, which is grand though I seldom get to paint anything for me nowadays.
    But The Peoples Art, around Stephens Green, is well worth doing.
    It's cheap and happens a number of times a year, over the summer, into the Autumn and at Christmas.
    It's a lucky draw to see where you get on the railings but well worth it for the chance to hang your pictures out there and sell something as well as connect with amateur and professional artists, swapping experiences, tips and horror stories.
    http://peoplesart.ie/

Great stuff. Are you familiar with a guy called Donald Teskey? You work reminds me a little of his. He did a series of seascapes of the west coast. You can check it out on the So Gallery website. The Fractured Shoreline series is superb. Pricey though.

In case you're wondering, I have no connection with said gallery.

@Simms - no havent come across him before - will check out the pictures on the site - Sure to be some good inspiration there !

CiDermAn do you mount your own work or have them framed professionally - the frames are lovely

CiDermAn do you mount your own work or have them framed professionally - the frames are lovely

I'm embarrassed to say that they are simply IKEA Ribba frames.
    I paint, typically, on canvas boards and they slot nicely into those frames, as they are designed to take posters and photos mostly.

For the square canvas, I found I had a series of them from all sorts of places and the expense of having frames made up prevented me from using them.
    Then I realised I could have a go at floating one on a standard, once again IKEA Ribba, square frame and it worked out really well.
    I used small screws through the rear board into the frame of the canvas itself.
    Worked out very well, so I will be painting on those more often.

825a1898c048d432afe48a03dccb2aa3.jpg

71813f70c8c68f70eb1b1b2fbdb184b0.jpg

• Advertisement

Very nice. I like the wildness/rawness of it. I can feel the spray off those waves. Love it.

Advertisement